Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-24-2007   #1
staind755
Rookie

Default If Peterson is there at 10, whats the minimum the Texans........

If Adrian Peterson happens to be at 10 when the Texans are on the clock. What would you want to see the Texans do. As well, what would be the minumum you would want to see the Texans receive to move spots?

#1. I would personally take Peterson at 10 even though we have Green and Dayne. Tripple Threat, and you know one of the two will be hurting at different times of the season, plus we have the opportunity to get the 2nd best player in the draft at #10.

#2. I do not know much about the whole point system etc. I just know there is a chart that value certain spots in the draft. IF the Texans are on the clock with Peterson still on the board, I think at minimum the Texans must swap 1st rd. picks, anywhere from 11-20, then receive the teams 2nd rd. pick for this year, plus their first next year at minimum. Does that sound like too much, or too little?

I think the Texans are sitting in a fairly good position. I would love taking Peterson 10 overall, but at the same time I wouldn't mind receiving picks if the price is right.

I'd like to know everyone elese opionion.

There has been little talk about Peterson with all the Texans Quartback talk, I hope we don't hear much about him until draft day. May the Bills and Packers think were not taking him. Or REALLY make them think we are and they fall in love and hand us picks left and right for a franchise running back.

Gosh more than a month until the draft. I can't take it any longer, but hey, Astros opening day is 9 days away. I bet all the people who didn't renew their season tickets are wishing they did. Looks like the will be paying a premium to jump back on the bandwagon.

I'm in it for the longhall. It will make it that much more sweeter!!! Go Texans.
staind755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Re: If Peterson is there at 10, whats the minimum the Texans........

If I were the Texans, I'd be using Peterson's availablity to try to get one of my 2nd round picks back.
Old 03-24-2007   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
If I were the Texans, I'd be using Peterson's availablity to try to get one of my 2nd round picks back.
i'd rather take peterson himself since i think he's going to be an elite back in this league long after ahman green's tenure (one to two years), but if we can get a decent draft pick and a trade down in the first i won't be TOO mad... passing on him and potential draft picks, however, would be totally stupid on our part.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If Peterson is there at 10 along with Levi Brown . . . I'd take Levi Brown.

If Levi Brown is gone by then, then explore trade down offers if there are any.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #5
Janus3
Veteran

if texans are there i'd no doubt make the trade down, ideally to GB. you could easily get their 2nd rounder and maybe a 5th this year or a 3rd next year. i really doubt the texans get gb 2nd this year and next or get the 2nd and 3rd this year. personally, i think trading is a no brainer. i love AP, but the texans don't need him as much as they need other players.
Old 03-24-2007   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

(Walgreens...aka "Perfect" Mode) If AP is there at 10, I'd entertain really SPECTACULAR trade offers for about 5 minutes and then pick him up if there aren't any offered. Ahman Green is a short-term solution, AP could be the ANSWER for the next 5-8.

(Reality Mode) Unless AP seriously injures himself prior to the draft, he won't make it halfway down to #10.
Old 03-24-2007   #7
htownfoozball
Veteran

if peterson and brown are there, take peterson. you could keep him or trade down and still take brown and add a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder. peterson himself is worth more than the actual draft position.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2007   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
if peterson and brown are there, take peterson. you could keep him or trade down and still take brown and add a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder. peterson himself is worth more than the actual draft position.
I disagree. If AD falls to 10 then he's not worth more than any other top prospect that fell to 10. Did the Cardinals get any outstanding offers when Leinart fell to 10? No, because if 9 teams pass on a guy you aren't gonna get a king's ransom for him no matter how highly the fans think of him.
Old 03-24-2007   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I did not believe AD would be there at 8. I definitely don't believe he'll be there at 10. We signed Ahman, then Dayne, I don't believe the Texans did either.

But if he were, I still don't believe anyone would trade up to get him. The best running backs in '06 were picked at 21(Maroney), 27(DeAngelo), 30(Addai), & 60(MJD)...

Marshawn Lynch & Michael Bush are most likely targeted in that 15-20 range, then Kenny Irons(who I think will be very successful in the NFL) & Antonio Pittman are still on the board.

I don't see anyone moving up for a running back.
Old 03-24-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

why in god's holy name would you NOT take peterson if he is somehow there at 10?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #11
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I did not believe AD would be there at 8. I definitely don't believe he'll be there at 10. We signed Ahman, then Dayne, I don't believe the Texans did either.

But if he were, I still don't believe anyone would trade up to get him. The best running backs in '06 were picked at 21(Maroney), 27(DeAngelo), 30(Addai), & 60(MJD)...

Marshawn Lynch & Michael Bush are most likely targeted in that 15-20 range, then Kenny Irons(who I think will be very successful in the NFL) & Antonio Pittman are still on the board.

I don't see anyone moving up for a running back.
I think personally because of this reason, that you'll see some of the bigger Running Backs be taken early. Especially with AP's talent. As for me, we HAVE to take Peterson.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
why in god's holy name would you NOT take peterson if he is somehow there at 10?
the same thought i had. you're getting maybe the best player in the draft behind calvin johnson at NUMBER 10... why not?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you're saying if he's there at 9, you hope that Miami is smart enough to take him??
Old 03-24-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I think personally because of this reason, that you'll see some of the bigger Running Backs be taken early. Especially with AP's talent. As for me, we HAVE to take Peterson.
Really good point. Those guys may very well have helped this class, by reminding teams how much a running back can impact your offense in year one.
Old 03-24-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you're saying if he's there at 9, you hope that Miami is smart enough to take him??
absolutely. i'd love to have peterson.
Old 03-24-2007   #16
Janus3
Veteran

i really don't see why you guys are so hell bent on taking AP if he's there at 10. the texans rush offense wasn't great but by no means horrendous and towards the end of the season actually picked up. they finished like 21st. they signed ahman green who will help (though short term) i'd much rather trade the pick to a team who would give an arm and a leg for AP and get some picks back. many good rb's come from lateer rounds, look where jones drew went last year. i'd much rather the texans address key need areas with solid players than draft marquee names that aren't necessarily needed. with a 2nd round pick from the trade the texans might be able to get kenny irons or a hunt/booker later on. i think that would go along way in helping teh texans overall than just taking a marquee name and not addressing what's been hurting teh texans for awhile.
Old 03-24-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
i really don't see why you guys are so hell bent on taking AP if he's there at 10.
because he'd be the best player in the history of your franchise.
Old 03-24-2007   #18
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
because he'd be the best player in the history of your franchise.
not with the current o line he wouldn't be.
Old 03-24-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
not with the current o line he wouldn't be.
well luckily you wouldn't be drafting for "now" you'd be drafting him for "now...and 10 more years as well." unless you don't plan on ever fixing the line.
Old 03-24-2007   #20
GoTexans
Rookie

Take someone else who will actually start and improve the team not another Domanick Williams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read