Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-24-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default How do you think Shanahan and Schaub will do together?

Little Shanahan is widely regarded around league circles as one of the bright young minds in the NFL coaching ranks. His skeptics claim he's only gotten the jobs he's gotten because he's Mike Shanahan's son but he refused to work for his dad when he became a coach because he didn't want people to think he had anything handed to him.

Last year he was our WR's coach during AJ's best season to date but one season isn't really enough to see how much of an effect coaching guys that are roughly the same age as him or older (Moulds). Now he's coaching a position he never played in QB.

Enter Matt Schaub:

If Schaub does big things this year, how much credit do you think Little Shanny gets? On the other side of the coin, if Schaub becomes Carr 2.0 how much blame do you think Little Shanny will get?

I think if Schaub is succesful Little Shanny is on the fast track to an NFL OC or HC position. But if he's not...what do you think?
Old 03-24-2007   #2
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: How do you think Shanahan and Schaub will do together?

Good question. JMO but I think that Shanahan will almost be as much of a student as Schaub will be this year. If he wants to work with our new QB, he may have to buy a crowbar to pry him out of Kubes back pocket.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Shanny is a H.C. in the future. Although the tatoo man love with Simms bothers me a little.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #4
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

I'm willing to betthe coaching carosel continues next season. Sherman will get another headcoaching gig or at least get offered one. Might go onto a different staff. Cue in Shannahan as the OC here. IMO looks like what they're doing in Dallas with Garrett. Grooming him for a position.
Old 03-24-2007   #5
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I'm willing to betthe coaching carosel continues next season. Sherman will get another headcoaching gig or at least get offered one. Might go onto a different staff. Cue in Shannahan as the OC here. IMO looks like what they're doing in Dallas with Garrett. Grooming him for a position.
Yep. Shanahan is an up and coming OC for sure. As much as Kubiak (& Sherman) are schooling him, he is a smart individual and knows the game. If Schaub has a decent year, I expect him to get some credit. If Shaub does not have a decent year, then I expect Kubiak and Sherman will take most of the blame.
Old 03-24-2007   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm hoping they'll get tattoos of each other's intials by the end of OTAs.

I think Shanahan is going to rise pretty quickly through the ranks in the NFL. He has a good pedigree, and good connections. Aside from his dad, he seems to be networking pretty well.
Old 03-24-2007   #7
whiskeyrbl

I think Shannahan gets OJT from Kubiak this year.
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2007   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Just think, Lil' Shanahan and the Texans start having some success, and running a great offense........

Big Shanahan decides to retire.....................

Who do the Bronco's call in for interviews??????????????

I'm just thinking long term..........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read