Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cut Blocks/Cheap shots

TsJagman

Practice Squad
Just wanted to point out what I mean by cheap shots.

Earlier in the game, #72 Foster, the RT of the Broncos chop blocked Williams on a back side bootleg by Plummer. Plummer threw the ball, but wanted to point out, Williams was taken out on a stretcher, with his leg in a straight air cast. Our DE Spicer was taken out by him also.

I wonder when the NFL is gonna finally realize what is going on, and take action. Or better yet, how long are they gonna let this go on. Nice job NFL, you could have fixed this problem in the second week of the season, but of course, you let it go on til more people are hurt. Funny, you make Jake take off a 40 sticker from his helmet, but you let a tool like foster take people out of games, seasons, heck, maybe even careers.

Nice job.

TsJagman

Practice Squad
Sorry, I put this in the wrong forum, my bad. I did post this on the Bronco site too. Just to get a rise out of em. I am whole heartedly expect them to defend this loser Foster.

Ihategeeks

Veteran
It is within the boundries of the rules.
Cheap Shots are still allowed if they are within the rules.

Whats funny, is i say Brian Williams is a dirty player for trying to flip Keyshawn onto his neck, and I am called a panzy.

But when someone gets cut blocked, now there is uproar.

I'll take the company line then. Next time watch your legs fatty, or go put on a dress. (or something like that)

TsJagman

Practice Squad
Ihategeeks said:
It is within the boundries of the rules.
Cheap Shots are still allowed if they are within the rules.

Whats funny, is i say Brian Williams is a dirty player for trying to flip Keyshawn onto his neck, and I am called a panzy.

But when someone gets cut blocked, now there is uproar.

I'll take the company line then. Next time watch your legs fatty, or go put on a dress. (or something like that)

Choke on this...

Fractured dislocated left ankle. Will have surgery tomorrow. Gone for the season, and who knows after that.

Both Madden and Micheals say sure it's legal, but not necessary what so ever. They both feel it is unsportsmanlike. Neither felt it was necessary.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Wasn't it a Jags player who took such a cheap shot, out of bounds, at JJ Moses last year. And was then given a pat on the back by his coach. Or was it some other game and some other cheap shot artist. idonno:

CAC :coffee:

TsJagman

Practice Squad
cuppacoffee said:
Wasn't it a Jags player who took such a cheap shot, out of bounds, at JJ Moses last year. And was then given a pat on the back by his coach. Or was it some other game and some other cheap shot artist. idonno:

CAC :coffee:
Jag fans will let you know if there is a cheap shot artist. We like to pride ourselves in not putting up with that kinda ****. In fact, we like to police our own there, and our mods allow us to do it. So if some ***** was to show up and post something about what happened to Williams, and thought it was cool, he would get a large dose of reality by a large contigent of fans.

tacoman_j

Waterboy
I would not be suprised if someone on the Dline suffered a debilitating injury next week at Denver. I hate Mike Shanny and his goon Mike Lepsis.

cltJag

Practice Squad
Foster comments on speculation that he takes cheap shots after ridacule from the media.

"I understand (Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis) being angry about it, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not a malicious guy," Foster said. "Never have been. People that know me, I'm sure they know that too. I just want to put it out there that I'm not that type of guy. I'd never do anything like that on purpose."

The outcry after the hit didn't shock him.

"It's part of the league," Foster said. "People are going to take their shots at you. You just have to be the better man and not shoot them back and just go on with your life."

Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith came to Foster's defense.

"They said it wasn't illegal. He didn't get fined," Smith said. "Maybe it might not have been called for, but the thing is, you're out there playing football. We're not out there trying to hurt anybody. Things like that happen to us, as well. It's just a part of the game. Guys are going to get hurt. It's very unfortunate. It's not like anyone's illegally hitting somebody and you see them over there celebrating."

blah.. blah... blah...

"I was appreciative," Foster said. "It lets them know that it goes on any given Sunday or Monday and that we shouldn't be singled out. It's something that happens, it's something that's part of the game. If it wasn't part of the game, then we wouldn't do it. It's just a matter of staying within the rules. We wouldn't do it if it wasn't legal."

"It was within the scheme," Foster added. "You want to get the back-side defensive people down. That was the only reason for the cut-block -- to get them down. It's harder to make plays from the ground. You can't make a tackle on a cut-back on anything when you get them down on the ground. We have plays where we don't cut them because of the nature of the play. That was just one of the plays (where) we cut."

And Foster was remorseful about the accident -- both on Thursday and at the moment, as well.

"We all understand it's a very violent way we do things, but at the same time, things like that are going to happen," Smith said. "It's not like he didn't apologize."

Foster did more than that.

"As I saw the situation he was in, I closed my eyes and I prayed for (Williams)," he said. "That's what I was taught to do.

"When he was on the cart, I just told him that I would never do anything like that on purpose, and that I was sorry for what happened," Foster said. "He had a smile on his face. Hopefully he was at peace about the situation. Obviously he was probably angry about it, but hopefully he was at peace about it."

But Foster does fear that retaliation down the line could be a possibility.

"My concern would be for somebody to take shots back at me physically but that's something that I would never do to anybody intentionally," Foster said. "So I hope nobody would do the same to me, because I'm in this together with them, too."

On another note... the Broncos message board is flooded w/ foster hatespam

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Since this has been such big news and so many are calling this a malicious block meant to injure I would think the NFL would look at this and possibly do something about these types of blocks.

I didn't see the play but he has a point. It's legal. They are taught to do that.
My opinion is that it's the league's fault for allowing this to be part of the game. I wonder why they've allowed it to continue. They make it extremely hard for the defensive guys..and yet allow this?

aj.

All Pro
Cut blocks (below the knees blocks employed by o-linemen and the kind employed by Denver, the Texans, and a lot of other teams who attempt to exploit cutback running lanes) are not illegal as long as the block is not from behind and as long as the block occurs within 3 yards + or - from the line of scrimmage. D-linemen obviously don't like being cut because of the risk.

Chop blocks (where two o-linemen block one d-lineman – one above the knees and the other below the knees) are illegal.