Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

End the Carr bashing. It's retarded

E

Elle

I challenge you haters to put it HERE since he's not a Texan anymore. Jump on it. Wallow in it. DWELL in it. Dump on him. Drag his family into it. Does he have a dog? Then, you should hate it. COME on. Put it here and stop polluting the board with this crap.

He's not a Texan. That means you have to bash him in the NFL Section.

Yo.....Mods. Am I right? Take the Carr threads out of the Bull Pen and dump them right here. It's now where they belong, acccording to your rules.

This board gets way too personal.
I mean seriously, the face of the franchise, our first ever draft pick, the reason we lost the last 10 games of the year (potentially) is replaced and released and your'e surprised at the interest?

Its a messageboard. This is a huge move. It has to be expected

Yo.....Mods. Am I right? Take the Carr threads out of the Bull Pen and dump them right here. It's now where they belong, acccording to your rules.

No. Like what Vinny said. Carr was released yesterday......he's the only history we have at this moment. Time will tell when he joins another team, but for now...things should remain until proven otherwise.

There is no reason for Carr haters to hate anymore. This is a happy day for them and what they've been waiting for.

It is retarded. And not just starting now that he has been traded, either. It has been retarded for quite some time.

I am excited about all of the moves that have been made, as I am a Texans fan, and I believe that the Texans ownership and management made these moves because they believe they are in the best interest of the franchise. However, the hostility, and even hatred, expressed towards David Carr on this board has been juvenile at best.

Talk about a lynch mob mentality. I really believe we have seen what that looks like here over the last few months.

Good luck, David.

Is it OK to throw beer on his wife now? :confused:

I hope this is sarcasm, because if not that is low. He may have never developed into what we wanted/needed but the guy never gave up. No reason to drag family into it. How would you feel if at your job you were'nt performing up to speculation and someone wanted or did pour a beer on your wife? Not very classy.

I challenge you haters to put it HERE since he's not a Texan anymore. Jump on it. Wallow in it. DWELL in it. Dump on him. Drag his family into it. Does he have a dog? Then, you should hate it. COME on. Put it here and stop polluting the board with this crap.

He's not a Texan. That means you have to bash him in the NFL Section.

Using the word "retarded" is childish and shows a level of hatred and immaturity that comes with posting sometimes.

I haven't seen alot of what you are talking about in a long time. Sorry that people who had some football sense wanted the guy to move on. Most of us said it was for his benefit too but selfish people wanted his to stay and say "I told you so." It is threads like this that muddy the waters even more. Let it go.

They only lynch mob mentality I've seen are the people whose main goal is to defend one player and who go ballistic writing inane threads like this. I think many people were finding the thing funny because up until last week the "lovers" were telking anyone that would listen that the "haters" were idiots and that Carr would play for us this year...trust Kubes. Now all we see is "Kubes and the FO are full of idiots" and "I hate Schaub." To tell you the truth I've never seen a more rediculous fan base where one player trumped any rational thinking over a 5 year span.

The facts are...the FO and the fans that said he wasn't getting it done agreed. Now that it is over, the tables have turned and people want to "hate" the other side or the new guy. Why can't people just step back and look at the TEAM?

I wish Carr well and hope he makes a good decision. I am also excited about our prospects this season.

I hope this is sarcasm, because if not that is low. He may have never developed into what we wanted/needed but the guy never gave up. No reason to drag family into it. How would you feel if at your job you were'nt performing up to speculation and someone wanted or did pour a beer on your wife? Not very classy.

I agree, but I just can't stop making bad jokes. :joker:

PS-I'm not even angry with Carr, but I have reached the point where I'm glad he's gone. It MIGHT even be good for him.

I went to a party last night with a bunch of season ticket holders at it. Part of the conversation dwelled on the recent history with Carr and the 2006 draft. There was a consensus that Carr, VY, the draft, Capers, and Casserly would remain as part of conversations until this team actually turn itself around and started winning games and going to playoffs.

Ya'll know the old saying "Winning cures a lot of ills".

I was checking out one of the Dolphins MBs a short time ago to get their take on the Carr release sense they are one of the teams most interested in acquirering a QB in FA, and ran across one of our delightful little Carr bashers over there.
This guy devoted about 5 paragraphs to why he so disliked Carr, said he was a Texans fan, and then repeatedly submitted his post to the their MB about a dozen times ! And some of his comments about DC were very personal.
Where do these intense, really vitriolic feelings come from towards Carr ? Especailly that he's now history in Houston.
This guy was bitter, harsh, very hateful. Some people really need to get a real life !

Using the word "retarded" is childish and shows a level of hatred and immaturity that comes with posting sometimes.

I haven't seen alot of what you are talking about in a long time. Sorry that people who had some football sense wanted the guy to move on. Most of us said it was for his benefit too but selfish people wanted his to stay and say "I told you so." It is threads like this that muddy the waters even more. Let it go.

They only lynch mob mentality I've seen are the people whose main goal is to defend one player and who go ballistic writing inane threads like this. I think many people were finding the thing funny because up until last week the "lovers" were telking anyone that would listen that the "haters" were idiots and that Carr would play for us this year...trust Kubes. Now all we see is "Kubes and the FO are full of idiots" and "I hate Schaub." To tell you the truth I've never seen a more rediculous fan base where one player trumped any rational thinking over a 5 year span.

The facts are...the FO and the fans that said he wasn't getting it done agreed. Now that it is over, the tables have turned and people want to "hate" the other side or the new guy. Why can't people just step back and look at the TEAM?

I wish Carr well and hope he makes a good decision. I am also excited about our prospects this season.

I agree. Extremely insensitive.
What's next, the "N" word?

Now that Carr is gone, I can't wait until he is off the books and everyone of his haters can stop blaming him for everything. The best is how people on here blame him for his contract and that was his fault he couldn't be traded. He didn't perform up to expectations of being the number 1 pick, but I don't think he tried to under perform.

The Texans FO is the one to blame for putting all the pressure on him and drafting him in the first place, then extending his contract to the max they could. I am sure if David could he would be a superstar in the league and leading the Texans for the next decade, but because of many reasons that is not the case and he is currently unemployed.

Bashing a guy who has done nothing but be a great role model off the field is immature. He didn't live up to all the expectation on the field, but it was the fans, the organization and the media who set the bar at that level, did David ever say I am going to dominate the league and single handedly win and put this expansion team in the Super Bowl. Some people are upset that he still isn't ready after 5 years to take the team to the next level, but the FO gave him that long. We created the expectations for him and the FO gave him the money to live up to those expectations. He didn't and maybe he never will, but not all #1 picks can be superstars. The Texans made the wrong choice and you learn from mistakes.

Everyone here can say that David gave his all every play and every day as a Texan. His game didn't live up to expectations, but you win some you lose some. Stop the bashing. David didn't select himself #1, put himself as the face of the franchise, Sack himself 200+ times, pass on Vince and Reggie and numerous Olinemen over the years.

Personally I am happy with the move to start over with a new QB and move on based on Carr's performance, but I would never bash a guy who played with heart.

I was checking out one of the Dolphins MBs a short time ago to get their take on the Carr release sense they are one of the teams most interested in acquirering a QB in FA, and ran across one of our delightful little Carr bashers over there.
This guy devoted about 5 paragraphs to why he so disliked Carr, said he was a Texans fan, and then repeatedly submitted his post to the their MB about a dozen times ! And some of his comments about DC were very personal.
Where do these intense, really vitriolic feelings come from towards Carr ? Especailly that he's now history in Houston.
This guy was bitter, harsh, very hateful. Some people really need to get a real life !
That's a little much. Sorry to hear it.

One of the things he got blammed for was making a lot of money.Tell me that if some one was going to give you millions of dollars you would say no I don't think so because I'm not doing my job good enough.Anyone who says they would lies.

yes and no....it depends. Carr is a part of the teams history. The threads containing the subject matter of 'David Carr' are moved on a case by case basis depending on if it is NFL speculation type stuff or historical type banter...stuff like that. Most of the Carr stuff goes to the NFL section though. We are going by feel for now.

So that means anyone who played or coached for the Texans can be talked about in the bull pen?

One of the things he got blammed for was making a lot of money.Tell me that if some one was going to give you millions of dollars you would say no I don't think so because I'm not doing my job good enough.Anyone who says they would lies.

Hit the nail right on the head! DC probably felt he was owed that much considering he was sacked more than a bagful of McDonald's fries. Some not his fault, some was. Either way we as fans look at it, he obviously had a different view...

Hopefully the bashing is over. It really got out of hand with some people. Carr was a good guy, and shouldn't have to take all of the blame for the Texans faluts, but the QB who is the #1 pick is going to take some shots. QB's get too much blame and too much credit, along with making the big $$$$$. They're an easy target.

Good Luck Carr, where ever you end up at.

That's very petty and way over the line.

I think that guy sits behind me. I was kind of hoping that Carr would stay, just so that he would be so disgusted that he would sell his tickets and leave!

The Viking's board had one on there also. Their fans were ready to give a 4th rounder for Carr....

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=31532.0

Back