Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-23-2007   #1
texanfan2100
Veteran

Default CNNSI Mock Draft

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Another Leon Hall vote for the Texans. Also, something seems to be missing from the top 10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt1/index.html
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CNNSI Mock Draft

All the way to 12 huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe it would be a huge mistake to pass on AD, but building a solid defense does intrigue me.
Old 03-23-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I believe it would be a huge mistake to pass on AD, but building a solid defense does intrigue me.
Agreed. Peterson should be a texan if he falls OR i'm sure we could more easily trade down. I like the idea of building our defense strong too though.

I love the Levi Brown pick for arizona. it may be too high for him to go but Levi would be a great RT in the pros and perfect for Leinart.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
we could more easily trade down.
Ideally, I'd prefer to trade down. We need to get back our second round draft pick this year. If Peterson is available when the Texans pick, I'm gonna be torn, because you know we'd be getting offers from other teams to trade up. I think I'd be too tempted to trade down - but it'd better be a good offer.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLDRAFTBLITZ.COM has us taking Peterson at 10! If Peterson falls to us at 10 and we don't take him I'm going to freaking puke!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Peterson goes before that. I also would rather grab Branch.

Although a good CB is a good pickup.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Now why the hell would we be passing up so many good players to get this Leon Hall?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Adrian Peterson does fall we should trade down with Green Bay or Buffalo and pick up a second rounder.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
NFLDRAFTBLITZ.COM has us taking Peterson at 10! If Peterson falls to us at 10 and we don't take him I'm going to freaking puke!
oh yeah, I be furious on that situation ..mainly because I think he will be a better back than someone that was touted last season if both players stay healthy
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #11
amazingandre
All Pro

ya if he falls to us at 10 we have to trade down. i think green bay will trade with us....esp becuz they have extra picks. maybe we dont get a second but maybe a 3 or 4
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
oh yeah, I be furious on that situation ..mainly because I think he will be a better back than someone that was touted last season if both players stay healthy
No question. He's a much better all-around back than Mr. Everything in New Orleans....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
ya if he falls to us at 10 we have to trade down. i think green bay will trade with us....esp becuz they have extra picks. maybe we dont get a second but maybe a 3 or 4
If AP drops to #10 and Green Bay won't give us a second rounder then we should pick him ourselves. I wouldn't want to drop that far down if they don't want to give up their second rounder.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless Landry falls to us, I want Nelson if we take a DB in the 1st....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think Peterson goes before that. I also would rather grab Branch.

Although a good CB is a good pickup.
Why? We may be able to get him in the 3rd if recent rumors are true.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Why? We may be able to get him in the 3rd if recent rumors are true.
Old 03-23-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Branch
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Branch
Yeah, what about Branch?...
Old 03-24-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Have the barff bag ready.

Quote:
I really want to give the Texans Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, as a makeup for them passing on Reggie Bush and Vince Young last year. But in signing Ahman Green and re-signing Ron Dayne, it's a tough case to make that running back is their top need position. Hall gives them a quality cover man to tandem with Dunta Robinson.
On top of that...Robinson is likly to bolt in a couple of seasons. Going to need a guy to replace him...in place.

Funny how that no tallent Levi Brown keeps popping up in the top ten isn't it ?
Old 03-24-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, it will likely be Anderson or Nelson (unless Landry happens to make it to 10)

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read