Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Where will CARR park?
Miami 16 20.00%
Oakland 34 42.50%
Minnesota 11 13.75%
Cleveland 4 5.00%
Other 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2007   #1
Sco-tai
Veteran

Default Where will CARR park?

Now that Carr is free, who do you think will pick him up?

I'm thinking Minnesota.

Best of luck David...sorry 'bout all them sacks, homey.

Old 03-23-2007   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where will CARR park?

I bet this thread gets parked in the NFL forum.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

my money is on tampa right now.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #4
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

In a junkyard!

Dallas....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say Minnesota right now.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

1st of all- hopefully some team will pick him up! If so, best wishes to him & his fine & blessed family! David has been a model citizen, a Christian, & a fine role model! You never hear about him being arrested for DUI, or carrying a handgun illegally, or extra marital affairs, punching /or shooting someone, going to strip clubs & getting extra stuff, getting an STD ala Ron Mexico, getting caught doing drugs, or producing alot of kids from different women, or beating up his wife! Too bad he didn't suceed here in H-town!
Old 03-23-2007   #7
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
1st of all- hopefully some team will pick him up! If so, best wishes to him & his fine & blessed family! David has been a model citizen, a Christian, & a fine role model! You never hear about him being arrested for DUI, or carrying a handgun illegally, or extra marital affairs, punching /or shooting someone, going to strip clubs & getting extra stuff, getting an STD ala Ron Mexico, getting caught doing drugs, or producing alot of kids from different women, or beating up his wife! Too bad he didn't suceed here in H-town!
Miami.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
My Hero
Veteran

I voted other:

I bet he goes to the Jaguars and they beat us twice a year for the next three years. Nobody's even got the Jags on their radar,and they are far from solid at QB.
Old 03-23-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
Now that Carr is free, who do you think will pick him up?

I'm thinking Minnesota.

Best of luck David...sorry 'bout all them sacks, homey.

obviously you didnt hear the Vikings Head Coach/Offensive Co-ordinator's opinion of David Carr....it wasnt exactly a ringing endorsement to say the least...he basically said the same thing some of us 'carr haters' have been saying since Day One

i dont think he will get a starting gig, but I think he could be brought in for competition in Oakland or perhaps Detroit.
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
who cares if he is Ward Cleaver. They guy sucked at QB. For 5 years he sucked...finally the nightmare is over

he can take his All American act to NFL Europe....
Old 03-23-2007   #11
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero View Post
I voted other:

I bet he goes to the Jaguars and they beat us twice a year for the next three years. Nobody's even got the Jags on their radar,and they are far from solid at QB.
Someone mentioned the same thing in another thread. That would suck, considering guys that have left for other teams have come back to beat us. If that were to happen, then you'd have to face VY and Carr twice a year. Ah well, we'll find ways to beat them back.

Minnesota or one of those Florida teams.
Old 03-23-2007   #12
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

not minnesota, they publicly stated they don't want him. probably oakland, hometown boy
Old 03-23-2007   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Question: How will long will Carr last in the NFL?

My guess is two years max. Reason being, whatever team gets him now will have little invested. Therefore, he will have very little time to prove himself, maybe 4 to 6 games.

Just look at Joey Harrington.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

My Panther fan friend wants him to be a Panther but believes the price for him will be too high.
Old 03-23-2007   #15
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Anyone else remember that 2002 Draft show on ESPN when they said that if you look 5-6 years down the road, neither Harrington or Carr would be busts. Man that is creepy.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Raiders.... Then i hope they take CJ in the draft ......Carr to Johnson just like old times....
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #17
Trenches
Veteran

Carr? Too expensive??

A guy who got fired and has not job certainly cant be that expensive.

Its actually pretty sad how the rest of the world has come around and now has thrown dirt on Carr's grave. Earlier this year it was the same old,' he doesnt have the talent around him'. now he is a bust.

just shows you how the national media rolls.

I wish the guy the best. He's got a ton of money in his pocket and can enjoy life.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat View Post
Raiders.... Then i hope they take CJ in the draft ......Carr to Johnson just like old times....
Oh man.....that's a crazy thought. Good point.

With their young, aggressive Defense and having added some pretty decent additions this F/A period...you could be onto something.

They've added Dominic Rhodes & Justin Griffith in the backfield and have dropped Aaron Brooks & Marques Tuia-so-so-oops-o...so that might be right-on!

Old 03-24-2007   #19
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
Oh man.....that's a crazy thought. Good point.

With their young, aggressive Defense and having added some pretty decent additions this F/A period...you could be onto something.

They've added Dominic Rhodes & Justin Griffith in the backfield and have dropped Aaron Brooks & Marques Tuia-so-so-oops-o...so that might be right-on!

I had a buddy at work that liked the Raiders alot (tattoo and all) so I followed the team as most of us have our second and third teams we like.

Good fit for DC still no protection but he is used to that.
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the Green deal heading a bit south in Miami, might be there.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read