Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2007   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Front Office Discussion

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with some of the additions we've made in the off-season.

I'm a bit ticked that we decided to give Carr one more year when Reeves said take VY last year but water under the bridge (i guess).

I like Schaub and don't think we overpaid for him. We essentially if you want to look at it gave up a 2nd next year and 2 spots. To me that's pretty cheap. He counts as our 2nd round pick this year. If we'd given up a first all together i'd been pissed.

Its going to be weird not seeing Carr out there throwing dumb downs to the back. Yes that was on purpose. Pissed we got NOTHING for him after all these years. Thanks Bob.

I don't know I'm just feeling torn about so many moving parts but very EXCITED at the same time.
Old 03-23-2007   #2
rafterticket
Veteran

Default Re: Am I the only one with MIXED feelings about the new direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm happy with some of the additions we've made in the off-season.

I'm a bit ticked that we decided to give Carr one more year when Reeves said take VY last year but water under the bridge (i guess).

I like Schaub and don't think we overpaid for him. We essentially if you want to look at it gave up a 2nd next year and 2 spots. To me that's pretty cheap. He counts as our 2nd round pick this year. If we'd given up a first all together i'd been pissed.

Its going to be weird not seeing Carr out there throwing dumb downs to the back. Yes that was on purpose. Pissed we got NOTHING for him after all these years. Thanks Bob.

I don't know I'm just feeling torn about so many moving parts but very EXCITED at the same time.
Let it go, brother. They did what they had to do to move forward. And EVERYONE knew Carr was gone from here. He never had any trade value because of that fact.

Just stay with the excited part.
Old 03-23-2007   #3
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps

It's weird because for once we don't know what's going to happen. Sadly, almost every season prior to this one we'd been able to count on several things: inconsistent play from Carr (I personally loved the guy, not trying to hate), a week offensive line, two losses to Indianapolis and not contending.

Not to say we'll be in the playoffs this year... but everything is so new and different... I can't wait!!!
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket View Post
Let it go, brother. They did what they had to do to move forward. And EVERYONE knew Carr was gone from here. He never had any trade value because of that fact.

Just stay with the excited part.
What he said!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

I am seriously thinking about getting madden game next season......with all the new changes to our offense and defense it might be worth playing now.
Old 03-23-2007   #6
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

You're not the only one, Texas_Thrill. I hear ya. It's the feeling you get when you take a new job or move to a new town; it's exciting, it's different, it's probably for the best...but you leave your familiar comfort zone behind. There's an awkward uneasiness that lingers for awhile.

Winning should fix all that.

Remember that progress cannot happen without something changing and that this franchise spent five years spinning its wheels with Carr at QB. It's time to turn the page.

Go Texans!

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #7
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

The fact of the matter is the team is moving in a different direction and for most of us it's scary and exeraliting all at the same time. We know opps knew what to expect from DC now we are going into the draft,OTA's, and TC with a new hope.
The FO and the Coaching Staff are putting it out there that they want to win as bad as we want them to win and the changes thus far show most of us they are committed to this. Face it Mr McNair just ate 75+ million dollars on one player with nothing to show for it and if he had wanted to we could have been facing two more years with DC because of the contract extention.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Greengo707
Rookie

Default Worst Front Office in all sports or just NFL?

Please people we need to quit lying to ourselves this team is owned and run by idiots! Some of you blame the Raiders for Phillip Buchanon, well if you watched him with the raiders you would have known he was a headache and injury prone so that was nothing new, the texans brilliant FO just releases him so the bucs can sign him, and then re-sign him to a new contract, so your going to tell me no one would offer any pick for him? And now Carr another former first rounder gone with nothing to show for him!! I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NO TEAM WOULD OFFER A 4TH ROUNDER DOWN!! I believe a third would have been a stretch at this point with everyone knowing he was going but nothing after giving up so much for SCHAUB. SO MUCH FOR STOCKING UP ON PICKS THE FO BELIEVES THE TEAM IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM AWAY!!! Williams was done from all I've read but Carr will sign and play the team could have gotten something. AT LEAST THEY ARE CONSISTANT WITH IGNORANCE!!! Seriously Texan Fans prepare yourselves for the 1 pick in this draft to be traded for a Gramaticca or to whomever owns the rights to Maurice Clarett.
Greengo707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #9
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Default Re: Worst Front Office in all sports or just NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengo707 View Post
Please people we need to quit lying to ourselves this team is owned and run by idiots! Some of you blame the Raiders for Phillip Buchanon, well if you watched him with the raiders you would have known he was a headache and injury prone so that was nothing new, the texans brilliant FO just releases him so the bucs can sign him, and then re-sign him to a new contract, so your going to tell me no one would offer any pick for him? And now Carr another former first rounder gone with nothing to show for him!! I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NO TEAM WOULD OFFER A 4TH ROUNDER DOWN!! I believe a third would have been a stretch at this point with everyone knowing he was going but nothing after giving up so much for SCHAUB. SO MUCH FOR STOCKING UP ON PICKS THE FO BELIEVES THE TEAM IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM AWAY!!! Williams was done from all I've read but Carr will sign and play the team could have gotten something. AT LEAST THEY ARE CONSISTANT WITH IGNORANCE!!! Seriously Texan Fans prepare yourselves for the 1 pick in this draft to be traded for a Gramaticca or to whomever owns the rights to Maurice Clarett.
It is nice, yes?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure the Denver Police Dept. holds the rights to Clarett. I could be way off though.
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Got to love chicken chit morons who make a new sign-in to hide behind.
Old 03-23-2007   #12
Cupps
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengo707 View Post
Punctuation, paragraphs and breathing are all good things. Relax.

I've doubted our front office before, but I'd like to think even a monkey picks getting something over nothing. Carr had very little trade value, and even less after we got Schaub. Miami was using Carr as a lure to get Green, IMO, and ultimately the other suitors don't want to give away a pick when they knew we'd cut him anyways.

In the end, we had no other choice. Besides, if you really don't like it... there's a door. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2007   #13
WillyP
Rookie

You're a colossal *****. You do know that we have new coach and general manager, right?

You might take notice of the thread below this one titled "VONTA LEACH NEWS: TEXANS MATCH GIANTS OFFER SHEET"
WillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Well DC is gone so now lets bash the FO maybe we should release them and see who is available in the market let it go move on. All You read now a days is a bunch of crying and complaining man I am tired of getting on here and seeing all the Carr sux the FO sux the owner sux this team sux let it go and be glad they realize they screwed up and are trying to fix it.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Front Office Discussion

This post doesn't deserve the attention it is drawing... can I move to have this thread deleted?
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Cupps
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughnecks View Post
Well DC is gone so now lets bash the FO maybe we should release them and see who is available in the market let it go move on. All You read now a days is a bunch of crying and complaining man I am tired of getting on here and seeing all the Carr sux the FO sux the owner sux this team sux let it go and be glad they realize they screwed up and are trying to fix it.
Some people have to have someone to blame and something to scream about... otherwise what would they do?

It's not like we're all here to support and cheer for this team., What kind of fans would we be then?

</sarcasm>
Old 03-23-2007   #17
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupps View Post
Some people have to have someone to blame and something to scream about... otherwise what would they do?

It's not like we're all here to support and cheer for this team., What kind of fans would we be then?

</sarcasm>
OK understood
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
jdm12
Rookie

Play GM of another team for a minute. If the Texans sign another QB to a 6 year deal and give up two draft picks, do you really think that QB is going to ride the pine. No, he is the new starting QB. So, why on earth would you (the GM) part with a draft pick when you know DC is not going to be back with the Texans. Add to that the outrageous contract that he carries for an unproven and damaged QB. No team wants to pick up that tab.

So you and every other GM do what actually happened. You tell Rick Smith that you are not interested. The Texans cut him (done) and suck up and take the cap hit (soon to come). Now you (the interesed GM) calls David, work him out, sign him to a contract worth much less, and still have all of your draft picks.

That's why DC was cut. Not becasue he is worth nothing. Becasue no one has a reason to give up anything for him.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Front Office Discussion

I have not been this excited since our first offseason when our very first Texan squad was being formed.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
Cupps
Veteran

Besides... I'm quietly compiling a list of all this constant nay-sayers and people needing to bash the organization for anything and everything... and so help me God if/when we win a Super Bowl, I'm making sure none of the people that complaining the whole time are allowed to partake in our celebration... so there.

*hops off soapbox*

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read