Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2004   #1
nemisis58
Rookie

Default Andre Johnson???? What's the deal???

I have him on my fantasy team, and am a little concerned. Any other reciever gets 40 yards, and it's ok, but he's better than that. He was in the 3rd receiver slot too. Is he more hurt than they're letting us in on?
nemisis58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

What are you talking about--AJ got 66 yards in the last game and yes it was on a gimpy ankle so Carr said AJ was hampered a bit. With the bye week everything should be fine.
Old 10-25-2004   #3
nemisis58
Rookie

oops, it was 66. I'm a little flustered. I'm just so used to the big numbers, the ones under 100 seem smaller.
Old 10-25-2004   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you play him on your fantasy team yesterday?
Old 10-25-2004   #5
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you play him on your fantasy team yesterday?
why yes, yes I did.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #6
nemisis58
Rookie

I'm planning on trading Marcus Robinson and Justin McCariens this week, but I want to be sure A.J.'s ok before I jump off and do it. This should be a huge week for him, considering the other receivers stepping up the way they did last game. Hopefuly it takes a little bit of the attention off of him, not all, but some at least. He's looking like my keeper for next year, and I'm glad he's stepped up just like I thought he would.
Old 10-25-2004   #7
TsJagman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisis58
I'm planning on trading Marcus Robinson and Justin McCariens this week, but I want to be sure A.J.'s ok before I jump off and do it. This should be a huge week for him, considering the other receivers stepping up the way they did last game. Hopefuly it takes a little bit of the attention off of him, not all, but some at least. He's looking like my keeper for next year, and I'm glad he's stepped up just like I thought he would.
Dude, rethink the Marcus Robinson trade. He is with the top passer in the NFL today, and with Ross being a bit gimpy for a while, he should be a go to guy for Culpepper. McCariens, send him packing, way over rated, although I would give him 2 more years, then should be top of the league as WR's go. He reminds me alot of Coles with Washington.
TsJagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2004   #8
nemisis58
Rookie

I can get Ward for those two, and when Moss is back I'll be ahead. I think I have to do it. That would put both of my WRs past their bye, and I'd have Johnson and Ward.
Old 10-25-2004   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think last Sunday was tough for anyone that chose a Jet receiver playing the Patriots defense. McCariens can play though. He had like 86 yards two weeks ago. I don't get up for this fantasy football stuff though. Andre had a very nice 66 yards and two of his grabs set us up for scores. Dude is awesome.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'd hold on to Robinson.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #11
dbo78912
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to dbo78912

AJ is my fantasy football team's heart and soul.
Old 10-25-2004   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemisis58
I have him on my fantasy team, and am a little concerned. Any other reciever gets 40 yards, and it's ok, but he's better than that. He was in the 3rd receiver slot too. Is he more hurt than they're letting us in on?
I heard he has chronic plantar fooliosis. Dump him now and pick up Keenan McCardell before it's too late.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #13
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbo78912
AJ is my fantasy football team's heart and soul.
Well, I see you haven't totally flipped out then ... :hehe: ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaffney and Johnson switched positions last game... so he was lined up in the slot.

that is why Gaffney had such a good game.. and Johnson had a below average one.. that.. and his ankle.

he will be back and kicking *** against the Jags this sunday.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read