Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2007   #1
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
Rookie

Default Trade idea

This is purely an idea. We package a trade of Carr, Babin, our 3rd round pick and next years 3rd round pick to Miami for their first (9th overall) pick in this years draft. Miami get their starting QB and DE help that they need with extra picks to match the 9th overall pick's worth. I think everyone is agreed that we need 5 starters (S, OT, CB, WR, and DL). With the 9th and 10th overall pick, we would be able to solidly fill two of those positions. In this trade, Miami now with a starting QB will release Culpepper. Oakland would instantly sign him for their starter. This would dramatically change the top 10 draft selections. It most likely would look like this.

1. Oakland - Johnson/WR
2. Detroit - Quinn/QB
3. Cleveland - Russel/QB
4. Tampa Bay - Thomas/OT
5. Arizona - Peterson/RB
6. Washington - Adams/DE
7. Minnesota - Landry/S
8. Atlanta - Branch/DT

That leaves us to pick two of these players:

Amobi Okoyi - DT
Jamaal Anderson - DE
Levi Brown - OT
Leon Hall - CB
Ted Ginn, JR - WR
Dewayne Bowe - WR

I personally would go with Okoyi and Hall, but any one of these player would start for us for many years to come.
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #2
AtheGreat
Veteran

Default Re: Trade idea

if that would ever happen...yeah, i'd do it. will it? nope.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nZmYYwzSI I couldn't find the Real Men of Genius Ridiculous trade proposal guy vid.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 97639 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

You only say that because you couldn't find a link to "Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggester Guy"...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I think that this is a cool idea, but it makes me laugh as it reminds me of that "trade suggestor" commercial that you always hear on the radio...if you add the Dolphins waterboy to this equation, it would be an epic post.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

'we'll throw in the trainer!!'

Personally, I think we should try and package Carr and a conditional 2nd day pick to Oakland for Randy Moss. I know it sounds crazy but its pretty much the only deal you will see unless Carr restructures.
Old 03-23-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4nZmYYwzSI I couldn't find the Real Men of Genius Ridiculous trade proposal guy vid.

http://media.putfile.com/SR610---Mra...rade-Suggestor
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

dang..you must of been one of those guys that wanted to trade carr last yr to N.O. and pick #1 and #2 (VY and Bush)
Old 03-23-2007   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

This is hilarious...

http://sportsradio610.com/play_windo...audioId=473881
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

We still need to build through the draft, and we need our second pick back. I would like to see us package Carr and our third round pick to any team in need of poor QB play. Possibly Cleveland bites. That would give us a quality starter at the 35th overall pick and relieve us from Carr's hefty contract.
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

It would never happen, but I would take Reggie Nelson and Marshawn Lynch. If not Lynch, then I would go Leon Hall and Reggie Nelson. With that combo and Dunta Robinson the secondary would be set for the next 8 years.

Reggie Nelson is far better (FOR US) than Laron Landry. Landry is a Strong Safety, and a darn good one, but Nelson is better as a Free Safety, which is what Faggins showed us we needed against the Bills in 2006.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

What about we offer our remaining picks this year and next to get Vince Young and Reggie Bush, we would be so bad-ass!
Old 03-23-2007   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Or we could doe somthing a little bit realistic and trade Carr and our third or fourth round pick for a second round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
We still need to build through the draft, and we need our second pick back. I would like to see us package Carr and our third round pick to any team in need of poor QB play. Possibly Cleveland bites. That would give us a quality starter at the 35th overall pick and relieve us from Carr's hefty contract.
I think we should trade down again in the 1st round, and try and recoup one of the 2nd round picks we surrendered in the Schaub deal. I think we can go down as far as 20, and still get Reggie Nelson.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Or we could doe somthing a little bit realistic and trade Carr and our third or fourth round pick for a second round pick.
would take Joey Harrington and a 4th for our second round pick?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Landry is a Strong Safety
Since when? Dude is a free safety.
Old 03-23-2007   #17
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Since when? Dude is a free safety.
Not in the NFL. He's a hard hitter, but he's not as good in coverage as Nelson. He may get picked up as a FS somewhere, but most people will convert him to SS.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 353149 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not in the NFL. He's a hard hitter, but he's not as good in coverage as Nelson. He may get picked up as a FS somewhere, but most people will convert him to SS.
Dunta Robinson hits hard--doesn't make him a SS. The fact that there may be another player who covers better also doesn't make him a SS.
Old 03-23-2007   #19
real

Quote:
Where do you get your info from ?

My advice would be to find another source.
Old 03-23-2007   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
oh my goodness. that's the most convoluted scheme I've ever wasted my time listening to.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read