Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Adrian Peterson on 610 right now

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Said he likes Texas pro basketball teams.
Said he thought OU was a better fit for him than Texas.
Ankle sprains are common injuries for RB's.
There's nothing wrong with him now.

Some combine talk...he got poked and prodded....he was nervous about running the 40.
Thinks Cleveland is the most interested team in him.

He's having a birthday party at the Office tonight $20 cover.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
not as electric as last year when 610 had VY w/agent in studio but still I'd be all over him if by some fate the "God of Redemption" made him available to the Texans :)

listen, I'm having a real hard time right now accepting the realties of this franchise, the moves they make & how they continue to exceed expectations of unpredictablity. they've already ruined the draft for me & its still over a month away, not that we've seen it that much as Texans but you would expect to build your franchise through the draft depending on making smart direct hits (DeMeco Ryans) on those 2nd rd. picks not to mention taking your cornerstones (big contracts) in the 1st. its not just this year its more accumulative, I guess I've finally just blown up :bomb:

I'm still in a hissy fit over last year & the decision to extend Carr then pass on VY. the Texans (Kubiak/McNair) accept no accountability or blame for this disasterous mistake, then go right out & pull another :hairpull: I'm frustrated because I did'nt voice my displeasure with the events that transpired or take some action, other than post here on mb. there should be some process in place that influences ownership of its fan base desires.

my pet peave of maximizing assests, trading down for more picks, etc. etc. would take a back seat for a special player like Adrien Peterson. if he is there & the Texans pass on him how would you react :confused:

Blake

MMQB
Peterson is coming off my wish list.

He just sounds like a money hungry kid. Talks about how he would rather go to Cleveland than the Texans because of money alone.

Also talks about going to OU instead of Texas as a "business move." This just doesnt feel/sound right.

R

real

He just sounds like a money hungry kid. Talks about how he would rather go to Cleveland than the Texans because of money alone.

Also talks about going to OU instead of Texas as a "business move." This just doesnt feel/sound right.
LOL...

What does it matter, as long as he's playing hard ?

You don't run full speed every time you touch the rock all throughout your football playing life....and then get to the pro's and 'chillax'...

Everybody wants money...I don't see whats wrong with him making smart financial descisions...

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
not as electric as last year when 610 had VY w/agent in studio but still I'd be all over him if by some fate the "God of Redemption" made him available to the Texans :)

listen, I'm having a real hard time right now accepting the realties of this franchise, the moves they make & how they continue to exceed expectations of unpredictablity. they've already ruined the draft for me & its still over a month away, not that we've seen it that much as Texans but you would expect to build your franchise through the draft depending on making smart direct hits (DeMeco Ryans) on those 2nd rd. picks not to mention taking your cornerstones (big contracts) in the 1st. its not just this year its more accumulative, I guess I've finally just blown up.

I'm still in a hissy fit over last year & the decision to extend Carr then pass on VY. the Texans (Kubiak/McNair) accept no accountability or blame for this disasterous mistake, then go right out & pull another :hairpull: I'm frustrated because I did'nt voice my displeasure with the events that transpired or take some action, other than post here on mb. there should be some process in place that influences ownership of its fan base desires.

my pet peave of maximizing assests, trading down for more picks, etc. etc. would take a back seat for a special player like Adrien Peterson. if he is there & the Texans pass on him how would you react :confused:
I'd say you're way too obsessed about the NFL draft, but then you're not the only one. I, for one, am stoked about the changes made so far this season. They went out and got the best FA QB on the market, and they made very smart moves with the other free agents as well.

You're looking at it from one aspect and one aspect alone. They gave up one of your precious draft picks, and that's all you see.

:violin

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

The #3 pick in '06 received $25.7 million guaranteed. The #10 pick got $14 million guaranteed. Now me why getting nearly $12 million less would "feel right" to Peterson?

Dr. Toro

Rookie

Paging Gordon Gekko.

Guess he already spent his trust fund.

Does his love of money affect his motivation after he gets paid? Probably not going to be a high correlation there, if he's that greedy he'll want more. Him playing in the Bowl Game certainly can't be explained by greed... that was a 100% risk and 0% reward situation.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
he's not even asking for a raise. this isn't a demand. it's just the simple fact that if he's picked at #3, he'll get a lot more money than if he's picked at #10.

ATX

Hall of Fame
he's not even asking for a raise. this isn't a demand. it's just the simple fact that if he's picked at #3, he'll get a lot more money than if he's picked at #10.
Alot more money.....and RBs don't have long shelf lives in general. I don't blame him for wanting to go as high as he can go. I'd still rather have Peterson than Bush and Peterson would be alot cheaper than Bush.

Blake

MMQB
I guess its a shock thing to hear a player talk about wanting to go higher than your team picks, because they want more money. Normally they just talk about how they are glad to be going into the NFL and want to win a championship.

So im looking forward to Adrians preseason hold out, and the articles about how Lewis is getting the nod because Adrian is late for camp.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I guess its a shock thing to hear a player talk about wanting to go higher than your team picks, because they want more money. Normally they just talk about how they are glad to be going into the NFL and want to win a championship.

So im looking forward to Adrians preseason hold out, and the articles about how Lewis is getting the nod because Adrian is late for camp.

Or Ron Dayne....:)

beerlover

Hall of Fame
You're looking at it from one aspect and one aspect alone. They gave up one of your precious draft picks, and that's all you see.

:violin
thats a fact jack, I live for the draft, I love everything about it except when it comes to the Texans inability to please their fan base. after all this.... if Kubiak/Smith pass on Peterson..... it would be another COLOSSAL mistake

&​

not having 2nd rd. picks....... priceless to a draft geek :lightning:

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
Just because the Browns low ball all of there draft picks does not mean the player themselves want tohold out. It is funny how it is always the Browns pick holding out, has a lot to say about the organization versus the players.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
So is trading for another QB not admitting that Carr wasn't the guy to lead the Texans? No coach or owner for any team is going to throw a player under the bus. They will all say good things about the guy, but the move the Texans made to acquire Matt Schaub is a pretty good sign that Kubiak, Smith, and McNair do accept accountability...

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
thats a fact jack, I live for the draft, I love everything about it except when it comes to the Texans inability to please their fan base. after all this.... if Kubiak/Smith pass on Peterson..... it would be another COLOSSAL mistake

&​

not having 2nd rd. picks....... priceless to a draft geek :lightning:
I guess I will never will fully understand the mindset of "living for the draft", but hey, whatever butters your bread.

Blake

MMQB
Just because the Browns low ball all of there draft picks does not mean the player themselves want tohold out. It is funny how it is always the Browns pick holding out, has a lot to say about the organization versus the players.
This was pointed towards kastofsna's comment.

kastofsna said:
no reason at all to think there will be a holdout.
Not towards AP. Even though I think if AP is taken at #3 there will be a holdout. My point is that the browns will lowball, while AP wants as much money as his business decision's cant get him.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
"I'm going to Oklahoma to win National Championships." - AP

How did that work out for you AP??? lol
sheesh..could you imagine peterson and vince at ut playing together?

The only reason Reggie Bush wanted to play for us last year is..

1) Being the #1 pick (carries w/ you your whole life)
2) More money than #2 ...well i guess he still go the same amount though..? lol

HuttoKarl

Veteran
At some point, you have to move on about the Vince Young thing. It doesn't do a bit of good to stew about it a full year later.

To worry today about the second round picks is pretty useless as well. For every DeMeco we drafted, how many total losers did we end up with from 2nd rounders? We don't know if we will recoup the pick now or not. Take it easy in the meantime and enjoy that our team has upgraded the RB position, depth all over the place, is in position to get a LT, CB, or FS at the ten spot or could trade down and get the same thing, and likely has a QB who's not going to fold under non-existant pressure.

There's still over a month until the draft. If you think about what's happened in the last 20 days, anything can still happen.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
I guess I will never will fully understand the mindset of "living for the draft", but hey, whatever butters your bread.
if you consider beer as liquid bread then I can live with that :beer:

review of the 2nd pick-

2002-

#33 Jabar Gaffney, released via free agency- no compensation

#50 Chester Pitts, starting OL still w/texans

2003-

#41 Bennie Joppru, released- no compensation
avail. Ken Hamlin, FS #42

2004-

no pick (#40)traded 2nd/3rd/4th for Jason Babin
avail. Bob Sanders, FS #44
no pick (#33)traded for Tony Hollings supplemental draft

2005-

no pick (#38) traded 2nd/3rd for Phillip Buchanon
avail. Lofa Tatupu #45
avail. Kirk Morrison #78 (was actually my mock draft pick for the Texans)

2006-

#33 DeMeco Ryans, NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

2007-

no draft pick traded for Matt Schaub

2008-

no draft pick traded for Matt Schuab

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
I hate to do this to you, but you are really, really wrong here.

Edwards is the Browns' fifth straight first-round draft pick to hold out. Last year, tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. missed 12 days before signing.

Maybe you should think about what you are saying before typing.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/8690676
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/8690676
doesn't really have much to do with peterson. and kamerion wimbley, last year's browns' selection, signed pretty early. you're basing peterson holding out on the fact that he's "greedy" apparently.