Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-23-2007   #1
aquafin
Rookie

Default Carr/Dolphins getting serious

I am reading that the Dolphins are in serious discussions with Texans about David Carr. Perhaps the Trent Green interest is waning in recent days...maybe recent hours is more appropriate.

Looks like Culpepper is not going to be back with the Dolphins. That's the vibe I'm getting. Take it for what it is worth. We have a GM now in Randy Meuller. He's a number guy and also very rational. He knows it makes no sense to Pay Culpepper 50 million over the next 5 years. I think thus far he and Cameron have been working very well together.

That leaves us with just one QB...Cleo Lemon.

I think we will know something as soon as today, but I think Dolphin/Texans negotians are somewhat "advanced" at this point.

I guess we will go into camp with a Carr/Lemon battle for the starting job, and perhaps we'll draft a QB to have waiting in the wings. Culpepper might end up in Oakland???

The one caveat to all this is that the Dolphins are using the discussions about Carr as a bluff to try to get Trent Green to redo his contract and come to the Dolphins??
aquafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Default Re: Carr/Dolphins getting serious

Some reports I heard was that a deal has been in place for Carr all we where waiting on was the Schaub deal to be finilized, thats done so Carr will more then likely be out of Hou. by the end of next week. He could headed your way we shall see.

And details of the trade on your end?(i.e. whats Hou getting for Carr.)
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather he goes to Miami than Oakland. I think he'd be in another no-win situation in Oakland. (literally and figuratively)
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafin View Post
I am reading that the Dolphins are in serious discussions with Texans about David Carr. Perhaps the Trent Green interest is waning in recent days...maybe recent hours is more appropriate.

Looks like Culpepper is not going to be back with the Dolphins. That's the vibe I'm getting. Take it for what it is worth. We have a GM now in Randy Meuller. He's a number guy and also very rational. He knows it makes no sense to Pay Culpepper 50 million over the next 5 years. I think thus far he and Cameron have been working very well together.

I think we will know something as soon as today, but I think Dolphin/Texans negotians are somewhat "advanced" at this point.

I guess we will go into camp with a Carr/Lemon battle for the starting job, and perhaps we'll draft a QB to have waiting in the wings. Culpepper might end up in Oakland???

The one caveat to all this is that the Dolphins are using the discussions about Carr as a bluff to try to get Trent Green to redo his contract and come to the Dolphins??
I dunno why the Dolphins would be trying to work out a deal with the Texans
now when they could wait for them to release Carr and work out the same
deal without having to surrender a Draft pick to the Texans ? Unless you know
of another team that is also seriously interested in Carr ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
autch14
Rookie

shhhhh don't give miami any ideas. We need more picks and we have to get something for carr even if it is a second day pick who knows.... maybe a 6th pick and the person we pick up with that pick is the next marcus colston....
autch14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno why the Dolphins would be trying to work out a deal with the Texans
now when they could wait for them to release Carr and work out the same
deal without having to surrender a Draft pick to the Texans ? Unless you know
of another team that is also seriously interested in Carr ?
My take on this is that if Oakland and Miami, along with any other team that may be in the run for a QB before the draft, is serious about Carr then they have to work something with the Texans before he gets cut or risk losing what could possibly be the last notable QB on the market to a team Carr gets to choose from.

I beleive Carr would rather be a Raider therefor forcing Miami's hand.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

At least he would be going to a team I like as appose to say Jacksonville.

That would be a nightmare.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well the reason is from my understanding is that if carr is simply released then he's probably headed home to oakland...by trading for him miami not only gets him but sends a message to carr that they want him there...after the way things have happened here in houston if they feel he's their guy that's a message they need to send him
Old 03-23-2007   #9
joshri
Rookie

I would be terrified about a potential David Carr - Dom Capers reunion if I were a Dolphins fan.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

What are we going to do with ourselves we the mods start moving all the Carr threads to the NFL section?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshri View Post
I would be terrified about a potential David Carr - Dom Capers reunion if I were a Dolphins fan.
It might work on the second attempt
Old 03-23-2007   #12
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
What are we going to do with ourselves we the mods start moving all the Carr threads to the NFL section?
Nah... we will send them to the team that lands him
Old 03-23-2007   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Its Carr choice were he goes, and I just happened to look at your Depth chart on ESPN and you guys dont really have a lot of OLineman do you. It looked like you guys dont even have a Center according to your roster on ESPN.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Am I the only one seeing the irony in having two QB's, one named Lemon, the other named Carr?

I'll remember never to purchase a vehicle in Florida
Old 03-23-2007   #15
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Its Carr choice were he goes, and I just happened to look at your Depth chart on ESPN and you guys dont really have a lot of OLineman do you. It looked like you guys dont even have a Center according to your roster on ESPN.
Unless you know something we don't, there is no way that "Carr gets the choice" of what team picks up the remainder of his contract.
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Unless you know something we don't, there is no way that "Carr gets the choice" of what team would pickup the remainder of his contract.
Hulk is Carr's brother...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #17
whiskeyrbl

Hey Hulk give David our best,I hope he finds a team that fits him and he has a true chance of succeding. I think this move will be best for everyone involved.
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Exithios
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Hulk is Carr's brother...
I don't care if he's Carr's jock strap, noone gets an inflated contract, that was an admitted mistake during the Schaub presser, then get your choice as to what team pick's the remainder of the contract up. The only possibility here is that Carr agreed to restructure with the Texans to make him more marketable.
Old 03-23-2007   #19
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
I don't care if he's Carr's jock strap, noone gets an inflated contract, that was an admitted mistake during the Schaub presser, then get your choice as to what team pick's the remainder of the contract up. The only possibility here is that Carr agreed to restructure with the Texans to make him more marketable.
Im pretty sure if we trade Carr, he has to agree to a new contract to complete any deal...(sign and trade)...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Im pretty sure if we trade Carr, he has to agree to a new contract to complete any deal...(sign and trade)...
I hope they send him to NFL Europe

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read