Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007   #61
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Default Re: Your Favorite Moment of DC!

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #62
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps

My favorite David Carr moment was over the past five years when no matter how many media outlets made him the butt of jokes because of poor protection, when no matter how much abuse and blame the fans handed him and when the front office gave him little to no protection for five years... Carr was always classy and proud to be the face of this franchise, and always gave his all for this team.

My personal favorite was the 65-yard touchdown to Bradford in the 19-10 game. I went ballastic... it was when I first honestly thought we'd win that game, and more importantly, the first time I'd felt passionate about NFL football since I last saw Warren Moon.

Those that solely blame Carr for the past five years are living under a rock... and will be very, very disappointed if we don't give Schaub protection. That, or they'll just throw him under the bus, too... meh.
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #63
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero View Post

Yeah my favorite moment is yet to come; when he comes back to town on another team as the starter and outscores the pathetic offense that you are now so proud of. This team has still not addressed the issues of protection . The end result is that we're going to end up with an injured starting qb, but hey then it will be Sage to the rescue. Pitiful you guys are lying to yourselfs if you say that David Carr hasn't produced at least one pleasant memory while playing for the franchise.
Don't you have some packing to do?
Old 03-23-2007   #64
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

He's already in CA....just waiting for David to get there...
Old 03-23-2007   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
He's already in CA....just waiting for David to get there...
Ah! You are correct. Maybe he needs to pack for Miami.
Old 03-23-2007   #66
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
You actually took time to search for that.. LOL

Man he's weird looking
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #67
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah my favorite moment is yet to come; when he comes back to town on another team as the starter and outscores the pathetic offense that you are now so proud of.
Quote:
This team has still not addressed the issues of protection . The end result is that we're going to end up with an injured starting qb, but hey then it will be Sage to the rescue. Pitiful you guys are lying to yourselfs if you say that David Carr hasn't produced at least one pleasant memory while playing for the franchise.

Look I am not very found of people posting the crap they do, but you are either a family member or you seriously need to get help and a restraining order.

Saying you want him to comeback and beat this team. Really you need to get a grip.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

My Hero this is for you .

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali
I'm going back to Cali - no man I don't think so
I'm going back to Cali..

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 03-23-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #69
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Your post strikes me as...ironic. You lambaste people for not taking the high road and you don't follow your own advice.
Truth is irony? Whatever you say. 23 is average and does have a big mouth.
Old 03-23-2007   #70
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Your Favorite Moment of DC!
The very first game. That's sad though ain't it? After all that time.........
Old 03-23-2007   #71
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
That HEB commercial where he carries loose groceries in because he doesn't like sacks.
Someone quick tell our new guys don't go on the HEB commercials because of the curse they have. Every one of our guys that was on their don't play for us anymore. My favorite was when clemens and pettite sacked Carr.
Old 03-23-2007   #72
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
David is great guy and the day he handed my beautiful daughter a game ball was my greatest David Carr moment. The reason was because that was the day that my daughter truely fell in love with football and now I get to share that with her for the rest of my life!!

Thank you David Carr!!

Nice story. Dave was a nice guy and I am sure that was great for your daughter. My little girl is only 4 and just now knowing difference between the sports.
Old 03-23-2007   #73
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Lame?? I was being truthful. Sure, we could sit here and reminisce over his decent plays, but why? It's just a position on a team. Why don't we do the same with Wells, Davis/Williams, etc.? We haven't had a true elite player that would validate the praise of outstanding individual play. The players we've had are replaceable with players that could've made the same plays if not better. Those of you bashing us "haters" can run along and help the Carr's pack.

lol, Yeah, I remember those days.
that is the exact thing that has been setting me off today. these guys are acting like Carr was freaking Knute Rockne or something. it's just pathetic imho.

can we wait at least a couple days before we saint the guy? St. Carr. The Patron Saint of Delusional Fans.
Old 03-23-2007   #74
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:

Oh, so sorry HOU-TEX. I'll be around to make sure Schaub pans out. If he doesn't, well let's just say I'll make sure that you hear about it.
Old 03-23-2007   #75
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
My Hero this is for you .

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

I'm going back to Cali..

Hey thanks H E 34, Miss Middler and LL are true stars.
Old 03-23-2007   #76
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm going back to Cali..
They listen to more Bob Marley in California......

Exodus: movement of jah people! oh-oh-oh, yea-eah!
Men and people will fight ya down (tell me why!)
When ya see jah light. (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!)
Let me tell you if youre not wrong; (then, why? )
Everything is all right.
So we gonna walk - all right! - through de roads of creation:
We the generation (tell me why!)
(trod through great tribulation) trod through great tribulation.

Exodus, all right! movement of jah people!
Oh, yeah! o-oo, yeah! all right!
Exodus: movement of jah people! oh, yeah!

Yeah-yeah-yeah, well!
Uh! open your eyes and look within:
Are you satisfied (with the life youre living)? uh!
We know where were going, uh!
We know where were from.
Were leaving babylon,
Were going to our father land.

2, 3, 4: exodus: movement of jah people! oh, yeah!
(movement of jah people!) send us another brother moses!
(movement of jah people!) from across the red sea!
(movement of jah people!) send us another brother moses!
(movement of jah people!) from across the red sea!
Movement of jah people!

Exodus, all right! oo-oo-ooh! oo-ooh!
Movement of jah people! oh, yeah!
Exodus!
Exodus! all right!
Exodus! now, now, now, now!
Exodus!
Exodus! oh, yea-ea-ea-ea-ea-ea-eah!
Exodus!
Exodus! all right!
Exodus! uh-uh-uh-uh!

Move! move! move! move! move! move!

Open your eyes and look within:
Are you satisfied with the life youre living?
We know where were going;
We know where were from.
Were leaving babylon, yall!
Were going to our fathers land.

Exodus, all right! movement of jah people!
Exodus: movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!

Move! move! move! move! move! move! move!

Jah come to break downpression,
Rule equality,
Wipe away transgression,
Set the captives free.

Exodus, all right, all right!
Movement of jah people! oh, yeah!
Exodus: movement of jah people! oh, now, now, now, now!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!

Move! move! move! move! move! move! uh-uh-uh-uh!
Move(ment of jah people)!
Move(ment of jah people)! movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Movement of jah people!
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #77
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh, so sorry HOU-TEX. I'll be around to make sure Schaub pans out. If he doesn't, well let's just say I'll make sure that you hear about it.
my hero, you can now admit that I was right and you were wrong. k thanks bye.
Old 03-23-2007   #78
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

it was par for the course on some responses about a good natured thread

Actually one of my favorite moments was the Dallas game and Carr threw a 50 yard strike to Lewis and lewis dropped it... It looked like a real offense ..he did a 5-7 step drop had great protection and rocketed that ball to lewis ..who was wide open and flat out dropped it...I thought this kid has an arm.

but seriously has to go with the juke he gave that guy and not sure about the QB sneak against the Jags, shouldn't have come down to that. we should have gotten in beforehand but I still loved it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #79
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

1st TD pass to Billy Miller against the Cowboys.

Breaking the plain against the Jaguars.
Old 03-23-2007   #80
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Some people just have no class.

My favorite moments -

2002 - DC's pass to Billy Miller to score vs. the Cowboys. Also his laser pass to Jermaine Lewis down the middle of the field that was dropped. Those two passes showed me he had what it took to be the QB of our team (at that time). He displayed arm strength, accuracy, and willingness to go for the big play.

2003 - DC came into the game vs. the Falcons with a bad wing and scrambled for a first down and willed our team to victory. He displayed toughness and leadership.

2004 - the game vs. the Vikings; he kept slinging it, refusing to let the team die. Unfortunately, the defense didn't hold. He and AJ never gave up though.

2004 - going on the road vs. Chicago, he played a heck of a game in single-digit temps. He showed the ability to go on the road and play in a hostile environment and pull out a win.

2005 - the games vs. the Cardinals and the Rams, where he called his own plays for a half and the team responded well, scored points, and then the OC screwed up and took control back. He showed the ability to command a huddle and the smarts to call his own plays in the NFL.

2006 - the opening drive vs. the Eagles, he led the offense in a near flawless drive, showed he could potentially be a good QB in Kubiak's system. Also, the game vs. Jacksonville.

Also, the game vs. Jacksonville where he dived over for the winning score a few years ago.

Basically, Carr had some stellar moments in this city and showed some qualities you'd like to see in an NFL QB. Unfortunately, he never put it together for any significant length of time and his shortcomings (pocket presence and awareness, for one) just overtook his ability to be productive. Thinking back to the early games in 2002 and 2003, we all saw the flaws in his mechanics, but there are other QBs that have flaws in their mechanics. All QBs have problems with their game, but the overall package outweighs the negatives. The optimism of those early flashes from Carr never got fulfilled.

Good luck to him in the future; better luck to Schaub
All of these are my favorite DC moments as well... I'll admit no matter how much I think we needed a new QB, seeing David go makes me a little sad. He is the only QB we have ever come to known, and he has been the face of the franchise we have all come to love. He was a tough guy and Unfortunately, things just never clicked for the Texans and him. In the end, it was in the best interests of both sides to go in a seperate direction. Happy Trail's David, and I hope things work out well for both sides.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read