Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007   #21
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Favorite Moment of DC!

After the Dallas game the expression on his face the way he responded to the fans, after that I thought we had something (may have been the Carr's highpoint for me).

Breakin' the ankles of the Saints DB...too funny.

The run against the Falcons.

Almost nay time he tucked it and ran. His seeming refuseal to slide sometimes made me happy. Whatever you say about Carr, he ain't a pansy.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #22
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30558 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

When he did the play action agianst Miami this past season.

Cool to see him go untouched for a change as he scored the touchdown.

The dive into the endzone in the Giants game.

Also, the way he played in the 2 games against Jacksonville.

Last edited by santo; 03-23-2007 at 10:42 AM.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Some people just have no class.

My favorite moments -

2002 - DC's pass to Billy Miller to score vs. the Cowboys. Also his laser pass to Jermaine Lewis down the middle of the field that was dropped. Those two passes showed me he had what it took to be the QB of our team (at that time). He displayed arm strength, accuracy, and willingness to go for the big play.

2003 - DC came into the game vs. the Falcons with a bad wing and scrambled for a first down and willed our team to victory. He displayed toughness and leadership.

2004 - the game vs. the Vikings; he kept slinging it, refusing to let the team die. Unfortunately, the defense didn't hold. He and AJ never gave up though.

2004 - going on the road vs. Chicago, he played a heck of a game in single-digit temps. He showed the ability to go on the road and play in a hostile environment and pull out a win.

2005 - the games vs. the Cardinals and the Rams, where he called his own plays for a half and the team responded well, scored points, and then the OC screwed up and took control back. He showed the ability to command a huddle and the smarts to call his own plays in the NFL.

2006 - the opening drive vs. the Eagles, he led the offense in a near flawless drive, showed he could potentially be a good QB in Kubiak's system. Also, the game vs. Jacksonville.

Also, the game vs. Jacksonville where he dived over for the winning score a few years ago.

Basically, Carr had some stellar moments in this city and showed some qualities you'd like to see in an NFL QB. Unfortunately, he never put it together for any significant length of time and his shortcomings (pocket presence and awareness, for one) just overtook his ability to be productive. Thinking back to the early games in 2002 and 2003, we all saw the flaws in his mechanics, but there are other QBs that have flaws in their mechanics. All QBs have problems with their game, but the overall package outweighs the negatives. The optimism of those early flashes from Carr never got fulfilled.

Good luck to him in the future; better luck to Schaub
Old 03-23-2007   #24
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely the dive over the Jags for 'the win'.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #25
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Wow cant believe how classless some are on this message board.

My Fav. DC moment was this year in the second jags games. played one hell of a game and the one play that gave me chills was on 3rd and 10 and it was a designed QB run to the left. DC broke two tackles the trucked another defender for the first down.

GOOD LUCK DC WHERE EVER YOU GO I'LL ALWAYS BE A FAN.....but not when you play the texans.
Old 03-23-2007   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

When he scored the game winning TD against the Jags at the end of the game.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #27
19-10
Veteran

Wow this thread really did dredge up the trash. Not that it takes much prodding on this board.

I just love the Man Love for the new guy who is totally unproven. He better be damn good and quick or he'll be thrown under the buss too. Funny how 23 gets a free pass for his slightly above average play and big mouth. Incredible.

Anyway my favorite moment for DC was the dive in the Giants game.

The guy is tough as nails and does play with heart. He is not the most talented QB in the league but I doubt any others could have handled what he did with such class. Good luck elsewhere Carr.
Old 03-23-2007   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19-10 View Post
Wow this thread really did dredge up the trash. Not that it takes much prodding on this board.

I just love the Man Love for the new guy who is totally unproven. He better be damn good and quick or he'll be thrown under the buss too. Funny how 23 gets a free pass for his slightly above average play and big mouth. Incredible..
Your post strikes me as...ironic. You lambaste people for not taking the high road and you don't follow your own advice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #29
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Your post strikes me as...ironic. You lambaste people for not taking the high road and you don't follow your own advice.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured there would be some trashing here, got to love how people can't just say thanks for your time here sorry it did not work out. No instead some act like they are glad he failed. well because he failed so did the franchise for 5 years, so that really makes you a Texans fan and wanting the best for the team.

NOT!!

My favorite moment, was the very first FREAKING snap, because that ment Football was back in Houston.
Old 03-23-2007   #31
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post

My Fav. DC moment was this year in the second jags games. played one hell of a game and the one play that gave me chills was on 3rd and 10 and it was a designed QB run to the left. DC broke two tackles the trucked another defender for the first down.

GOOD LUCK DC WHERE EVER YOU GO I'LL ALWAYS BE A FAN.....but not when you play the texans.

classless? dude, your a fan of Carr. your a fan of a player for the sole reason that he played on your hometown team. the guy sucked...i was never a fan and never will be...but that is because I know a good QB when I see it and Carr was and always will be garbage.....

whatever you bunch of carebears....go back to your prayer circle and your shrine of david
Old 03-23-2007   #32
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I figured there would be some trashing here, got to love how people can't just say thanks for your time here sorry it did not work out. No instead some act like they are glad he failed. well because he failed so did the franchise for 5 years, so that really makes you a Texans fan and wanting the best for the team.

NOT!!

My favorite moment, was the very first FREAKING snap, because that ment Football was back in Houston.
believe me, i aint happy he failed. i am happy he is gone though. good riddance..guy was a loser and a clock puncher....no heart and no competitive spirit
Old 03-23-2007   #33
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

My favorite moment was the pass David threw to Andre which set up Kris' kick for the win over Peyton Manning and the Colts. It was the only game I've seen in person, and it was a great feeling to see him rise to the challenge on a key play.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #34
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post
Excuse me, I did not know that I had to omit my actual point of view in fear of offending someone that does not agree with me. These are Texans message boards, and for better or worse, you need to realize that that includes different points of views, often different from yours. If you do not realize this (that goes for real life too), expect plenty of dissapointments in the future.
Old 03-23-2007   #35
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Coming off the bench against the Falcons. Their backup quarterback started that game, and Tony Banks started our game.
Tony Broke his hand just before halftime, and they came out with Vick starting the second half.

David then came in to people cheering despite being hurt on the shoulder injury. 1st snap he took off running 25 yards down the field. Got hurt on the play, but played like a man.
oh man, i remember thinking probowl when i saw that.
Old 03-23-2007   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
oh man, i remember thinking probowl when i saw that.
Yep ... as a fullback .
Old 03-23-2007   #37
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Why would I thank Carr when I cannot find much to thank him for?
Act like one is glad he failed, what kind of rubbish is that? I'm glad to see him gone because I believe he is a major factor in the team failing, and since I hate seeing the team fail... you do the math...
Old 03-23-2007   #38
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Excuse me, I did not know that I had to omit my actual point of view in fear of offending someone that does not agree with me. These are Texans message boards, and for better or worse, you need to realize that that includes different points of views, often different from yours. If you do not realize this (that goes for real life too), expect plenty of dissapointments in the future.
No excuse me ,if what you are saying is true then i am entitled to my view point and my view point is that it is classless to say such harsh things about a QB that played for us for 5 years. I mean what do you expect....the guy was drafted and told he was the starter and for 5 years he played to the best of his abilities and i refuse to burden him with what he has no control over. I whole heartedly agree that everyone has diffrent points of view other than my own but when i feel like a poster is being unfair i will call him/her out. Its been done so many times on this message board i'd like to know out of all the posts that said how classless some were being you chose mine no comment towards....i find it very demening when posters and yes i am talking about you tell me how dissapointed i will be in the future because i wont get my way and he doesnt agree with me, excuse me i am not illiterate and def. not in kindergarten. I hope some do realize that sometimes it is better to just respect a person for who they are and not for what they did. and that may not be what this thread is about, it is about your fav. DC moment and other posters feel like the title said BASH CARR HERE. so excuse me by all means for having my own view point/opinion toward other posters.
Old 03-23-2007   #39
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

my favorite moment of Carr was McNair throwing him under the bus at the press conference.
Old 03-23-2007   #40
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Pronouncing your point of view is one thing, but surely your mother told you somewhere in your childhood, that if you have nothing good to say, then it is sometimes best to say nothing at all.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read