Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Texans Close the Deal for Schaub: confirmed by NFLNetwork

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4649552.html

Maybe a 3-way with Oakland and Atlanta???

Carr to Oakland
Moss to Atlanta
Schaub to Houston

Now that would be sweet, but I seriously doubt we get out of this without giving up draft picks.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Close to a Deal for Schaub

WOW, I heard the Patriots were after Schaub (no bs - I got a nice jucy rumor the other day). I hope this deal goes down.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Deal For QB Schaub Could Be Imminent!

If the Texans trade for Schaub, that would be very good news indeed. It gives us a guy with some experience and potential to compete with Sage.

From the Chronicle:

After failing to sign free agents Jeff Garcia and Patrick Ramsey, the Texans have turned their attention to Atlanta quarterback Matt Schaub, according to a league official. A deal could be imminent.
The Texans are expected to trade for Schaub, a restricted free agent who was so prized by the Falcons they tendered him the maximum contract that would require first- and third-round picks for any team that signed him to an offer sheet.

Schaub would join the crowd at quarterback that includes David Carr, Sage Rosenfels and Bradlee Van Pelt.

The Texans' interest in Schaub, who played at Virginia and started only two games in his three seasons of backing up Michael Vick, is another indication that Carr will be traded after months of speculation.

The Texans wouldn't try to trade for Schaub to have him on the team with Carr and Rosenfels. Coach Gary Kubiak kept only two quarterbacks, Carr and Rosenfels, on the active roster last season.

Schaub, 6-5, 237, has completed 84 of 161 (52.2 percent) for 1,033 yards and six touchdowns. He also has thrown six interceptions. His passer rating is 69.2.

New Falcons coach Bobby Petrino has made a solid commitment to Vick that he'll be the starter and get more responsibility on game days. The Falcons resisted offers for Schaub when Jim Mora was the head coach.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4649552.html
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

holy crap!!! im like a giddy little girl...this is it- a defining day in the texans history..we get schaub, carr to oakland
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I rather draft a QB than give up 2 high picks for one...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I don't put a lot of stock in "a league source" or in John McClain's otherwise unsubstantiated muses.

I'm also surprised that fans are in love with Schaub given his stat line, and I suspect that people are really in love with "anybody but Carr." A first and a third is a sick price to pay but if we can in fact work out a three-way trade to take some of the sting off of that, then I'd be okay with it. But I can't say that I've really watched Schaub play much to this point so I don't need to comment any further.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
real

That would be nice...

I'd like to see Vick with a reciever like Moss, and I'd like to get rid of Carr...

Works out great if they can make it happen....
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

now THAT deal would be sweet...i would even thrown in a 4th or 5th rounder to seal the deal.

personally, I would also accept Moss for Carr as well. That could do a lot to lure Plummer out of retirement...and we could give TB a 4th or 5th for their time.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
The Texans aren't going to give up their 1st and 3rd picks for this guy. If they wanted to do that, they'd simply sign him to a free agent contract. I trust Smith and Co. not to give up too much for Schaub (i.e., our 1st round pick). Hopefully, that trust will not prove to have been misplaced.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

yeah, we better not be giving up anything other than Carr and maybe a 4th rounder for Schaub. Nothing more, nothing less.

with Schaub you would have instant-competition with Sage and our first real competition at QB. I am not totally sold on Schaub but like Jerek said, I am one of the ABC (anyone but Carr) crowd and I think just moving him to another team is worth 2-3 wins alone. addition by subtraction because Carr is a pathetic QB.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
real

Pretty much right in line with what I said in another thread...
Old 03-21-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Really !
"The Texans are expected to trade for Schaub, a restricted free agent who was so prized by the Falcons they tendered him the maximum contract that would require first- and third-round picks for any team that signed him to an offer sheet."
Surely they aren't thinking of parting with our #1 & #3 for a QB, while young
and talented, is basically untested and inexperienced in the NFL ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope/dont think we'll end up giving our 1st and 3rd for schaub...maybe a 2nd or something
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yeah, we better not be giving up anything other than Carr and maybe a 4th rounder for Schaub. Nothing more, nothing less.

with Schaub you would have instant-competition with Sage and our first real competition at QB. I am not totally sold on Schaub but like Jerek said, I am one of the ABC (anyone but Carr) crowd and I think just moving him to another team is worth 2-3 wins alone. addition by subtraction because Carr is a pathetic QB.

Bringing Schaub in at the cost of a 1st and 3rd round pick would tell me there won't be any QB competition and that Schaub would instantly become the starter.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
Newbsies
Rookie

I would absolutely love to see this happen, but my question is this.....

Why wouldn't the Raiders and Falcons just trade Schaub for Moss straight up? There has to be some picks involved. Surely the Raiders would prefer Schaub to DC.
Old 03-21-2007   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Scaub to Texans

Just saw on NFL network they traded him to the Texans for the 2nd rd pick!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be pissed if we gave up a 1st and 3rd for Schaub. I wouldn't mind having the guy in here, but not for that type of deal. There better be a 3rd team in the mix.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbsies View Post
I would absolutely love to see this happen, but my question is this.....

Why wouldn't the Raiders and Falcons just trade Schaub for Moss straight up? There has to be some picks involved. Surely the Raiders would prefer Schaub to DC.
I have to beleive if the deal would involve a three-way between Oakland, Houston, and Atlanta that Oakland's mindset would have to be Carr just needs a fair shake, they may not be as willing to risk the 07 season on an unknown such as Schaub.

That's my guess.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Scaub to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
omg omg omg..are you serious?!

awesome but...there goes my Ryan Kalil dream!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
Section 620
Rookie

Red face Re: Matt Scaub to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
BYE-BYE MR CARR>>>>> does this mean he will be part of the Moss to GB deal???
Section 620 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read