Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-23-2007   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Probably the most contraversal idea I have had.

Ok.. stay with me here.. I know I am going to get flamed by most of you, but it makes sense to me.

Draft: #10 pick - Trade down so we can pick up a second or second and third while retaining a 1st pick as well.

Trade down the 3rd round pick for a much lower 3rd round pick while picking up a 4th or 5th.

With the lower first and third, give them to the Chargers for Micheal Turner.

Use the 2nd and other picks on best player available. Yes. I know we have Green, and Dayne, and quite a few more backs. But could you just imagine us ALSO having Micheal Turner which is MUCH better then all of them.

I just think this would be awesome and if we took a WR with the 2nd round pick, we would be DANGEROUS on offense. You might think i am crazy, but this would be cool to me.
Old 03-23-2007   #2
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Probably the most contraversal idea I have had.

Dime- pls don't make me flame you! J/K ! I think you're just bored, like me! I have been fixated allday on this Schaub trade.......I'm tired, but excited about the possibilities! GO TEXANS!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've had ideas way more controversial than this
Old 03-23-2007   #4
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Which teams do you think we have the possibility of trading with?

I really like this idea actually, but I don't know about trading for Turner. That is an awful lot to give San Diego after we gave a lot to Atlanta. It is is just too much for me, but without that part very good. With the 1st rounder we pick up a corner/Ryan Kalil. 2nd rounder the WR. 3rd rounder we get a corner if we got Kalil.
Old 03-23-2007   #5
Dime
Hall of Fame

I guess its just they are requiring (Chargers) a first and third for Turner. This would give us highest sought out QB and with the signing of Turner, the most highly sought out RB FA. We need picks so trade down certainly can happen. I am very sure that we can get lots of offer to move us down 10-22 spots and give us additional picks and them to move to #10 in the draft. Then with our new second, take the best WR available. This solves MANY factors. RB competion would be awesome and provides us many options., New QB which is the best chance for us in the FA market, Andre and a replacement WR. Owen Daniels will be a excellent target, and we will be well on our way for establishing our offense for the future.
Old 03-23-2007   #6
Gamehorn25
Veteran

If we were to do this, when would we pick up a secondary player because that is the weakness on our defense. The DL will be better with Mario getting healthy, the LBs are awesome with Demeco, but we need a #2 CB, and a Safety help against the pass.
Old 03-23-2007   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Ok.. stay with me here.. I know I am going to get flamed by most of you, but it makes sense to me.

Draft: #10 pick - Trade down so we can pick up a second or second and third while retaining a 1st pick as well.

Trade down the 3rd round pick for a much lower 3rd round pick while picking up a 4th or 5th.

Use the 2nd and other picks on best player available. Yes. I know we have Green, and Dayne, and quite a few more backs. But could you just imagine us ALSO having Micheal Turner which is MUCH better then all of them.

I just think this would be awesome and if we took a WR with the 2nd round pick, we would be DANGEROUS on offense. You might think i am crazy, but this would be cool to me.

You're crazy...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 03-23-2007   #9
real

Sounds good...
Old 03-23-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

why would anyone just trade a 2nd rounder up to the #10 spot...and then the rest of the stuff is kinda crazy too.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps

I am a huge proponent of trading down and getting more picks... but Michael Turner? What good does trading more picks for the most sought after free agent running back if we just got our free agent running back AND still have four or so major holes to fill (FS, CB, WR, OL/DT)?
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupps View Post
I am a huge proponent of trading down and getting more picks... but Michael Turner? What good does trading more picks for the most sought after free agent running back if we just got our free agent running back AND still have four or so major holes to fill (FS, CB, WR, OL/DT)?

I agree, we haven't seen our current backfield perform yet. We are set for a year in the backfield, next years draft will have top notch backs throughout the 1st round.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I just moved out to SD this past fall and I have watched most of the Chargers games this year. Turner is a beast and I would love to see him on the Texans. I would hold on to the tenth pick just to see if there is a snowball's chance in hell that AP falls to us, and if not I call SD to see if they will trade their first round pick and Turner to move up to ten. I am not sure how well those trade value charts work but it is a huge jump to go from the end of the first to the top ten. I have read on eastcoastsportsnews.com that SD might be willing to accept a high two for Turner. I would have to think the idea of moving to the top ten for a shot at Landry, Ginn, Willis or any other top talent has to be appealing to SD. SD by all rights was the best team in the league this year so they don't need depth - their loaded. I would think the chance to land a stud would be appealling to them.

With SD's pick you could grab a WR( Rice ), OT (Staley), or DE (CJohnson), grab a CB in round 3 (the kid from Maryland), grab what you didn't get in round 1 in round 4, a FS in 5, and best available in 6 & 7.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

oye, it gets weirder in here every minute.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

just wait for McFadden out of Arkansas next year man.

I like the trade idea but please don't turn us into the colts. i want a dominating DEFENSE and quite frankly we have a ways to go before we see that.
Old 03-24-2007   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i like the schaub trade, but let's not get carried away.
Old 03-24-2007   #17
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat

Quote:

Is this Rick Smith?
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #18
amazingandre
All Pro

we have done so much on offense that u have to believe we go defense in rd one......landry or nelson....or hall!!!!!SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!!!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #19
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Can we trade Gado,Lundy, and Putizer for some draft picks?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #20
Dime
Hall of Fame

Aww... I knew I would get people not liking this. I just thought with Green which is older, and Dayne is getting up there, that Turner, would be good for quite a few years. Even though expensive, think about it. Turner makes me think of Larry Johnson, a backup with starting capability. He would solidify out RB for years past Green and Dayne. Oh well, it was a thought.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read