Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
macaronitoni
Rookie

Default I Wonder what Sage is feeling right now

Earlier I was thinking. Kubiak really pulled for Sage last year because he thought he was a starting caliber QB. Sage performed well in the preseason last year, and any chance he had in the regular season to play he totally showed up the starting QB, David Carr. Sage knows he would have been the starter most likely by the end of the season if not for his injury to his hand. Then we fail to get Plummer, Garcia, Ramsey...Kubiak again states he feels Sage is a starting QB in this league in some interview I read recently. Sage has to be feeling pretty good about being our starting QB after things were looking like a QB in the draft, who surely wouldn't play rookie year.

Now, I'm extremely pumped for Matt Schaub and think it will turn out to be a brilliant move, but I do wonder....is Sage unhappy as a Texan now? I mean its one thing to know your role as a back up, its another to be teased with the starting job, given a vote of confidence by your head coach that you are a starting caliber QB, then when its the perfect opportunity for you, the coach goes out and makes a whopper of a deal for a QB that is also a back up, and has less experience. I think Shaub is better than Rosenfels, but given the way Sage played everytime he took center as a Texan I'm suprised Kubiak didn't give the job to him. Thoughts?
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Cgold
Rookie

Default Re: I Wonder what Sage is feeling right now

He's used to being passed up, it happened in Miami many times.. The guy will prob. never get a shot to be a starter
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
TexanPride05
Rookie

i would be pissed if i was him
TexanPride05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

poor guy. he's been dealt the short end of the stick ever since he was born...cuz his folks named him Sage...
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
Earlier I was thinking. Kubiak really pulled for Sage last year because he thought he was a starting caliber QB. Sage performed well in the preseason last year, and any chance he had in the regular season to play he totally showed up the starting QB, David Carr. Sage knows he would have been the starter most likely by the end of the season if not for his injury to his hand. Then we fail to get Plummer, Garcia, Ramsey...Kubiak again states he feels Sage is a starting QB in this league in some interview I read recently. Sage has to be feeling pretty good about being our starting QB after things were looking like a QB in the draft, who surely wouldn't play rookie year.

Now, I'm extremely pumped for Matt Schaub and think it will turn out to be a brilliant move, but I do wonder....is Sage unhappy as a Texan now? I mean its one thing to know your role as a back up, its another to be teased with the starting job, given a vote of confidence by your head coach that you are a starting caliber QB, then when its the perfect opportunity for you, the coach goes out and makes a whopper of a deal for a QB that is also a back up, and has less experience. I think Shaub is better than Rosenfels, but given the way Sage played everytime he took center as a Texan I'm suprised Kubiak didn't give the job to him. Thoughts?
I didn't think he signed knowing he'd more then likely be a backup coming here first of all. Is he a capable one? yeah sure. But I've said it before if you can't win out the job when he was in Washington and Miami two QB turnstile places. I just don't think he's starting material. He also wasn't highly touted as Schaub out of College. Disapointed probably. But even if Carr was staying i still don't see him starting.
Old 03-23-2007   #6
aquafin
Rookie

I never heard Sage complain in Miami, and I never heard him complain in Texas. He'll just get out there and continue working hard. He'll be ready to play if and when you guys need him. Sage is a team guy.
aquafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is fine, he is still just 1 play away from being the starter.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith: Sage we are bringing in Matt Schaub to be our starter.

Sage: Great!

Smith: Sage, you're blocking.

Kubiak: How does us bringing in Matt make you feel?

Sage: Feel like a million bucks. Threw on the Bally shoes and the fly green socks.
Old 03-23-2007   #9
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

I'm thinking he has 1,600,000 reasons why he will be fine. Give me that kinda of scratch to carry a clipboard, appear in a game or two in three years, have hundreds of fans deem me to be a savior and still have my health? Yeah...ok.

Then in another year or two, someone can give him $48 million. He'll survive!
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
I'm thinking he has 1,600,000 reasons why he will be fine. Give me that kinda of scratch to carry a clipboard, appear in a game or two in three years, have hundreds of fans deem me to be a savior and still have my health? Yeah...ok.

Then in another year or two, someone can give him $48 million. He'll survive!
NICE!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read