Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default Graduation Day - Texans no longer an Expansion team

We made it!!!

**throw up you hats**

A new QB was the final step.
It is official we are no longer an expansion team. Some people claim it takes the length of a NFL career(approx 10 years) before the "expansion era" is over....I think it ended when we announced Carr will be gone.

I have not a bad word to say about David Carr. He may go on to be a great QB somewhere else (in fact I hope he does) but I know without a shadow of a doubt, that in a Texans' uniform the guy would have never made it.

next year we may actually be a "Bad Team" and not an "Expansion Team"......Yeeeeeeehawwww!

A cheers....to new beginnings.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Graduation Day - Texans no longer an Expansion team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin View Post
We made it!!!

**throw up you hats**

A new QB was the final step.
It is official we are no longer an expansion team. Some people claim it takes the length of a NFL career(approx 10 years) before the "expansion era" is over....I think it ended when we announced Carr will be gone.

I have not a bad word to say about David Carr. He may go on to be a great QB somewhere else (in fact I hope he does) but I know without a shadow of a doubt, that in a Texans' uniform the guy would have never made it.

next year we may actually be a "Bad Team" and not an "Expansion Team"......Yeeeeeeehawwww!

A cheers....to new beginnings.
Here. Here.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Excited?

This is the first year I've sat back and went WTF were they thinking, but in a good way. Its a wow year. LETS GET EXCITED< AGAIN
Old 03-23-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Excited?

I'm totally psyched.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

me too...and to heck with all those Texans haters...I'm getting sick and tired of em....Texans in 07!!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #6
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

If i wasn't such a cheap @$$ I'd go out and get a Schaub jersey. I'm telling you I figured Carr would be back next year and we would do nothing atleast this year we can actually have our fans cheer instead of booooooo

YEAH!!!! Its peanut butta jelly time, its peanut butta jelleeee time woo hooo
Old 03-23-2007   #7
Texansfan36
Veteran

I'm stoked, a new era has began, and it should be a good one!!!

Go Texans!!!
Texansfan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2007   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I'm excited as well. I would like to see how effective our O can be with Schaub as our QB. I'll get my popcorn ready. No peanut butter jelly for me thanks that gets me fat.

GO TEXANS!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
This is the first year I've sat back and went WTF were they thinking, but in a good way. Its a wow year. LETS GET EXCITED< AGAIN
LoL andrew i think you put it in a good way. wow.. WTF!!!!! but in a good way...lol that really cracks me up.

let me tell you somethin' funny

i went out to the bars tonight (at ole miss-oxford, ms)and i wore my battle red mario williams jersey. i haven't shaved in a week...so i shaved except my mustache...keep in mind i'm 23 ..caucasion so the 'stache' looks a little funny. it was an awesome night. when i was leaving the bar there was a lexus SUV w/ texas tags and a group of girls yelled out "hey! we love your jersey!!"...i was w/ my friends that were atlanta, new orleans, and miami fans. and was like..."that's right boys...these girls know where its at!!!" lol

probably no significance to this thread but hell it's 2:15am.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
LoL andrew i think you put it in a good way. wow.. WTF!!!!! but in a good way...lol that really cracks me up.

let me tell you somethin' funny

i went out to the bars tonight (at ole miss-oxford, ms)and i wore my battle red mario williams jersey. i haven't shaved in a week...so i shaved except my mustache...keep in mind i'm 23 ..caucasion so the 'stache' looks a little funny. it was an awesome night. when i was leaving the bar there was a lexus SUV w/ texas tags and a group of girls yelled out "hey! we love your jersey!!"...i was w/ my friends that were atlanta, new orleans, and miami fans. and was like..."that's right boys...these girls know where its at!!!" lol

probably no significance to this thread but hell it's 2:15am.

::: Sigh ::: I'm still a Mississippi boy at heart, don't know how many USM girls I dated up in hattisburg
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin View Post
Our fans are such wide-eyed optimists!

I agree with you - while not technically the last player/coach left, Carr was the last big remnant of the expansion era.
Old 03-23-2007   #12
whiskeyrbl

Nice thread and I agree this turns the page in our teams short history. Hope the story gets more exciting from here.
Old 03-23-2007   #13
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point. Hopefully game days will once again become a fun experience.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read