Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default No love in Corpus

I was listening to sports talk radio down here and it baffles me the kind of fans we have down here. People were saying that the Texans suck, that we are the new Clippers and that ever since our inception that this organization hasn't had a clue. Cowboys fans were calling in and basically laughing in our face. Even the host was saying how much we suck. I was so pi$$ed off.

They also said the David Carr is going to light it up wherever he goes.
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: No love in Corpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue View Post
I was listening to sports talk radio down here and it baffles me the kind of fans we have down here. People were saying that the Texans suck, that we are the new Clippers and that ever since our inception that this organization hasn't had a clue. Cowboys fans were calling in and basically laughing in our face. Even the host was saying how much we suck. I was so pi$$ed off.

The sun does funny things to the brain sometimes. I think the folks in Corpus need to go inside for a while.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
tex
Veteran

Maybe there's a ESPN in Corpus,they both talk *****.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
CarolinaTexan
Rookie

People said the same thing about the Bengals with akili amith and all that. They got palmer and are a very good team now and people said akili would be good somwhere else and nobody even knows if he exists anymore. And for cowboys fans, your whole season was ruined by a fumbled snap by romo, nice job with that.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

This is what baffles me, one minute he is the butt of multiple jokes (especially on ESPN's part), and now he's a superstar wherever he goes. I really think its moreso people doubting our team as a whole and not taking the time to pay attention or learn about the Texans. Instead, they take the shortcut and blast us like idiots. I can't wait til we start to turn some heads . . .
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
This is what baffles me, one minute he is the butt of multiple jokes (especially on ESPN's part), and now he's a superstar wherever he goes. I really think its moreso people doubting our team as a whole and not taking the time to pay attention or learn about the Texans. Instead, they take the shortcut and blast us like idiots. I can't wait til we start to turn some heads . . .
... and bring the Lombardi to H Town!
Old 03-22-2007   #7
CarolinaTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
... and bring the Lombardi to H Town!
Amen!
Old 03-22-2007   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

I can't wait for training camp now. I haven't been this excited about the Texans in a long time.
Old 03-23-2007   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats why I got satellite radio so I don't have to hear those local clowns trash the Texans and talk great about their precious boys. That one guy has a horrible radio voice. I couldn't take it anymore.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Corpus and that area are partial to the cowboys because of Landry. I ahvea brother in law from the Mission area and he reminds me that Tom Landry Coached there. I can see the Laker/clippers comparison...except the Clips have talent stockpiled but just can't seem to win. They need to move that team. It's clearly a laker town. I vote Oklahoma City they've seemed to realyl receive the hornets well when they have played there. That and when i visited Oklahoma City it really wasn't that bad of a place.
Old 03-23-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I can see the Laker/clippers comparison...except the Clips have talent stockpiled but just can't seem to win. They need to move that team. It's clearly a laker town.
I've lived in LA and the LA area several and many times over the past 15 years and I think you're right. The Clips are a kinda underground popular team to root for but the radio is almost all Lakers. Sports radio: all Lakers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the Valley and the Texans are being roasted too. To heck with all the Texans haters...I know they're improving...they'll see.

Cowboys are king in the Valley, partly because Landry was a Valley native.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
Jay Villa
Rookie

I lived in CC, TX during my high school years and still have family there. Most people there don't know their face from their rear end, so I wouldn't put too much stock into what they have to say.
Jay Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'll be sure to wear my 69-Quityabishin jersey when I travel to Corpus this summer. Wish me wind!
Old 03-23-2007   #15
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what will be funny those same "Fans" will be all over Shcaub if he does well they will be saying see I told you he would do well.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:

The local SA sports radio is the same. It is funny, they never talk about the Texans at any other time. But after the trade, they talk about how stupid we are. It is pretty frustrating to hear people who don't know anything about your team, bad mouth them.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #17
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I can see the Laker/clippers comparison...except the Clips have talent stockpiled but just can't seem to win. They need to move that team. It's clearly a laker town. I vote Oklahoma City they've seemed to realyl receive the hornets well when they have played there. That and when i visited Oklahoma City it really wasn't that bad of a place.
They need to move back to San Diego, so their name makes since again. As for Oklahoma City, they may end up with the Hornets when it is all said in done.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Put it on SR610...even out here in Corpus, you can still pick it up. The signal usually sucks in the morning but throughout the rest of the day, it gets better and I can always tune into Rich and Marc & the Drive Time players in the afternoon.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #19
NederlandTexan
Veteran

It's popular in the media to beat a dead horse. The national media wanted us to draft player X, we didn't so we suck. We trade for a backup, the same one the media has lauded the entire offseason, but we suck. See a pattern. We get rid of Carr, now he's the greatest thing out there. But no team wants to trade for him, because there is no demand. But still, we suck. These folks need to fill air time and hammering the Texans to a predominately pro-dallas or national audience satisfies that need. Our time will come.
Old 03-23-2007   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NederlandTexan View Post
It's popular in the media to beat a dead horse. The national media wanted us to draft player X, we didn't so we suck. We trade for a backup, the same one the media has lauded the entire offseason, but we suck. See a pattern. We get rid of Carr, now he's the greatest thing out there. But no team wants to trade for him, because there is no demand. But still, we suck. These folks need to fill air time and hammering the Texans to a predominately pro-dallas or national audience satisfies that need. Our time will come.
A winning season (someday...) will change all of that

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read