Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
texan09
Rookie

Default How many of you actually have watched Schaub play?

I for one, have. I beleive he will help us compete in that division. We will go above .500, I gurantee it
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: How many of you actually have watched Schaub play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Good argument
/sarcasm
What? Did you get banned from the Titans MB or something?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

I have. It was funny b/c I had Alge Crumpler on my fantasy football team a couple of year ago so I was watching the Atlanta game and Vick got hurt. Schaub came in and Crumpler had his best fantasy game of the season. Finished with over 100 yards and a TD. I remember thinking at the time that I wish Schaub started over Vick so Crumpler would put up better stats for me!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
What? Did you get banned from the Titans MB or something?
He didn't say why. He started a thread and didn't give any reasons. I'm not disagreeing with him, I'm asking him why in a roundabout way.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
uhcougar08
SHSUKATS08

I have watched him play, thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket over the last three years. I always thought he was a good QB, but just in Vick's shadow. I did not think we would get him, but we did. So, from what I saw when he did play, I am happy he is here. By the way, I was a Carr supporter, but I think MS could run circles around DC.
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08 View Post
I have watched him play, thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket over the last three years. I always thought he was a good QB, but just in Vick's shadow. I did not think we would get him, but we did. So, from what I saw when he did play, I am happy he is here. By the way, I was a Carr supporter, but I think MS could run circles around DC.
Nice edit to your avatar. BTW.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a lot of Atlanta when i was living in florida...watched the entire schaub/patriots tilt, saw him in spot duty against new orleans i beleive. If i could sum up in one word what he brings that David doesn't, its COMPETENCE. One belongs in the nfl, and you will see that come training camp.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw his performance against the Patriots. I remember chuckling to myself about the fact that the Falcons were making so many changes to their team in order to improve Vick when it looked like they had the solution to their QB problems in hand in Schaub.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #9
tbell ncsu
Rookie

i've probably seen him more than most of you. i've seen him play while he was at the university of virgina. and i've seen him in limited action as a falcon.

like i've said in other threads, the guy is going to be good. he played under a former ny jets head coach, al groh, who was a parcells' product. therefore, schaub was exposed to some of what goes on in the nfl before he was drafted by the falcons. and he's now had a couple of years in the league as a backup.

statistically speaking, he was uva's version of philip rivers. rivers broke all nc state and acc passing records, and schaub broke nearly all of uva's passing records. schaub did this despite splitting starts his freshman and sophmore seasons, and becoming the full-time starter shortly into his junior season. they both had a career completion percentage of 67%. schaub led the nation in his senior year with 71.5% and rivers was second with 71% (something like that). and they're almost the same height and weight.

i can't speak too much on schaub's intangibles and tell you all kinds of awesome of stories about him, like i can when it comes to philip rivers. however, i can tell you that schaub has never had character issues. he was an academic in school. i never read about him complaining while he had to split starts. he isn't the most athletic guy, but he gets the job done.

keep in mind that i'm a die-hard fan of a rival university, and i'm here being much too complimentary of schaub. i really like the guy, and i think he's going to be a star in this league. he just needed his chance to play. not to take anything away from schaub, but i've always seem him as a poor man's philip rivers.
tbell ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed on a clip on NFLN of Schaub running for a nice gain vs. Patriots, a fairly stout defense.

I thought he couldn't run? The word has been that he oozes along the stadium floor like molasses going downhill in December...and yet the clip I just saw was that he was sprinting down the field for 10 or 15 yards. Looked good to me. The Pats were having to scramble to catch up to him.

I think the national media has it in for Houston. Seriously.

It's been 95% negative about the Schaub deal.

I've seen him play, and I thought at the time "Now here's a guy hidden in obscurity who's going to make it someday...sheesh, it'd be nice to have him as our QB..."

I honest-to-goodness have always wanted this guy to be our QB. I can't believe we got him. I hope it works out like I have been imagining it in my head. You know how sometimes you watch someone play, for another team, and you close your eyes and you envision them doing the same thing for your team--with your team's jersey on? That's what I did when I saw him play. I sorta' put it away, though, over the past season or two...I figured DC was entrenched and wasn't going anywhere...so why waste the hope and expectation on it?

His interview on NFLN was soooooooooooo much better and more in-depth than what he had during today's Texans live presser.

I made a new thread about his NFLN interview, typing out what was asked and what he said in response. Check it out. It also has some Schefter scoop on DC's latest potential landing spot(s).
Old 03-23-2007   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Breaking UVA's passing records is not really saying a lot.

They have put out three QBs of note in the past

Aaron Brooks
Don Majkowski

for those that don't already know
http://www.majiknetwork.net/
7 rides again

Last edited by TwinSisters; 03-23-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: linking up MAJIK NETWORK!!!!
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

thought he'd be a franchise QB while at UVa, thought the same thing when playing limited duty in atlanta.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R38o9qcShUA

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...8&fr=yfp-t-501

This is all I've seen of him and he looks good in these
Old 03-23-2007   #14
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
That Yahoo video tells a lot about Schaub. The right tackle was beaten badly and had Schaub not been aware and moved swiftly to the left he would have been sacked within the 1st 3 seconds after the snap. It also showed that he can throw accurately on the run.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
The Red Storm
Rookie

I watched him. He should have been the starter in Atlanta. I wish we would have sent you guys Vick instead.
The Red Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
americastayawayfrommywomb
Rookie

I have watched him in college and the pros, he is a good player, a solid starter.
Old 03-23-2007   #17
TXGRL
Veteran

He reminds me of Farve a bit...but it will be interesting to see him play just a bit more...consistently.
Old 03-23-2007   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Breaking UVA's passing records is not really saying a lot.

They have put out three QBs of note in the past

Aaron Brooks
Don Majkowski

for those that don't already know
http://www.majiknetwork.net/
7 rides again
Yeah, but you could insert that guy from Texas.......then note others from the past...Chris Simms, Major Applewhite, etc.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Yeah, but you could insert that guy from Texas.......then note others from the past...Chris Simms, Major Applewhite, etc.
No, cause of Bobby Layne.
Old 03-23-2007   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
No, cause of Bobby Layne.
That was like 60 years ago man....how many great QBs have they had since then?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read