Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Some misconceptions here & around the league.

DRAMA

Rookie
1. - I wish people would stop saying that our OL is the worst in football. Seems to me those same people said the Cowboys line was the worst...oh yeah, until Romo started playing. We may be young but Winston is not going anywhere, Spencer is not going anywhere, Pitts is not going anywhere, I don't think Weary is going anywhere, and center is a wash. So, we add the Chiefs STARTING left tackle, if we draft Levi, Staley or Ugoh, do we STILL have the worst line in football? WAIT.......WAIT..............HOLD......could it have been the QB and the footwork thing? Oh...maybe so.

2. - "David Carr has all the skills in the world." What the heck does that even mean? He can't read defenses, he can't throw a 30+ yard pass, he has the worst footwork of a professional QB, he DOES NOT lead, he garners no respect other than that toward his durability, he doesn't stay late ever and study film or gameplan, fumbles more than ALL other QB's, has no pocket feel, and gets 1/4 of his passes batted down. I'm sorry...what skills again?

3 - How in the hell can this trade be a bad trade? It was for ONE SINGLE SECOND ROUND PICK - NOT TWO. Now, at the beginning of next year's draft, it will ALSO be for ONE SECOND ROUND PICK...AGAIN but NOT TWO. This year, we give up ONE PICK for a starting QB. For those of you who complain about moving down to 10, go back and get on your new PS3.

***listen*** BEFORE we give up that 'OTHER' 2nd round pick in over a calendar year from now, we will know by then whether he was worth it. But since that other pick doesn't happen for another CALENDAR YEAR...then you CAN'T say that the trade was bad or that we overpaid because not 1 SINGLE GM IN FOOTBALL wouldn't have traded a second for Schaub - NOT ONE!

4. - Matt Schaub's unproven - blah, blah, blah....name one single QB who's not. Brett Favre is unproven in whether or not he can be effective when he's 40 - why? Because he's not 40 and we won't know UNTIL he's 40 so until he's 40, he's unproven as an effective 40 year old QB. :confused:

Montana's the greatest QB of all time and he IS PROVEN....so, would you start him now? I mean, he's proven - he has a body of work. "Yeah, but I mean not an old proven dude..." :confused:

5. - "The Texans organization...." You know what? That 'Organization' does not work here anymore. ESPN and everyone needs to STOP saying that Kubiak passed on Vince. That's like ANY SINGLE person starting a new job and the boss asking, "Hey, can you build this house with these trucks or should we go out and buy a WHOLE NEW FREAKING FLEET of them for you to build this house?"

"Uhh....I can do it with these trucks..."

6. - Vince is a Titan. Picture if you will those typical Texans whiners -

"This just commmmmpounds our mistakes."
"We could drafted Vinnnnnce."
"Kubiak and Smith have no ideeeeeeeea what they're doing."
"WE.......WE.......WE.......spent waaaaaaay too much for this guy who has been running this exact offense his entire career all the way through college and every year in the pros and is hailed as a leader, determined, has supreme confidence, can make every throw, and was recommended highly by every single coach that the Texans talked to.....(Wow, sound kinda NOT LIKE a QB we have right now.)

....WE.........I mean, THEY spent tooooo mcuh for this guy."

"Kubiak and Smith suck - they have no idea what they're doing? None. We could've drafted Vinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnce???!!!"

Ok - I feel better. :yahoo:

1. We lost Spencer early (you know when Carr was going 20-26 but our Defense was giving up 500+ yards a game). Winston sucks, which is why he dropped to round 3. If Spencer can come back, Black play well, and Winton learn how to play, then we have a good O-line (and of course something Carr never had)

2. He was drafted #1 so he has the skills. I seem to recall him throwing passes past 30 yards, but I wonder what the offense play calling is? How many times did #80 drop the pass or even worse how many times did our past Wrs drop the pass? Then again, the Offensive playcalling had to be changed because a couple of years ago on the NFL network they stated that Carr has 2.4 seconds before he has to get rid of the ball before he gets killed.

3. Its still 2 picks, one this year and one next year. I liked the 8th spot because I was hoping for Laron Landry, but who knows he might be there still.

4. Ryan leaf, Doug Johnson, Heat Shuler, all unproven. Going off the Carr haters, Schaub is 0-2 with 6 tds and 6 INTS! HORRIBLE, SCHAUB SUCKS, GET RID OF HIM (let those posts begin).

5. Id rather have LT McNeil than VY, or Joseph Addai. I used to like VY but I cant stand him now due to the myopic UT fans.

Heh, glad you feel better

well well well,
I havent seen such a good rant in a long time that actually says something. I would like to add that last yr. I believe Rick Smith told us there was going to be somethings done to shake things up. Looks like they did it

From another fans perspective:

1. I don't know about this one. I don't have enough knowledge to know just how bad the Texans line is. My guess would be bottom 5 in the NFL.

2. Agree 100%

3. You keep saying "one pick" ... it's two 2nd round picks and you drop two spots in the 1st round. You're going to miss that 2nd round pick this year and you will definitely miss it next year if he doesn't play great this year. A 2nd round pick is a big deal.

4. Two words: DREW BREES. He was proven. New Orleans signed him.

5. Looking back in time, here's what the Houston Texans should have done:

Drafted Reggie Bush with the #1 overall selection in the NFL draft. Signed Drew Brees in free agency.

or

Drafted Vince Young.

Now your front office must make up for those mistakes and give more than they want to give (trust me, it's more, we got a 4th for Billy Volek who was much more proven than Schaub).

I hope it works out for you, i have nothing against the Texans. Just my two cents.

Titan "Tack" Fan;637133 said:
From another fans perspective:

3. You keep saying "one pick" ... it's two 2nd round picks and you drop two spots in the 1st round. You're going to miss that 2nd round pick this year and you will definitely miss it next year if he doesn't play great this year. A 2nd round pick is a big deal.

True, but what I'm saying is that we're buying a starting QB, who our NEW coaches and staff believe is a franchise guy, with ONE pick in this year's draft. Next year, if he works out like our staff thinks, no one on this board would give back THAT 2008 pick and frankly, I'm not going to worry about a pick who wouldn't have seen the field for almost 20 months from today. Trust me, we've got guys (err...boys) on this BBS who are crying RIGHT NOW over a possible pick who WILL NOT PLAY for 20 months from now...and they can't sleep...and I'm serious! Weird, I know. They miss Vince (Actually, I do too but shhhh...on that!)

Anyway, if it doesn't work - it doesn't work. Kubes made a deal though. They're going after IT. But THIS year, we most likely would've used our 2nd on a QB anyway that would NOT have started and sat on the bench. Next year, we can spend our $40 million and get a top FA. We'll forget about that pick after we sign a top flight CB (Fingers crossed).

4. Two words: DREW BREES. He was proven. New Orleans signed him.

True, he was proven. However, NO was the ONLY team willing to take a chance with that shoulder injury that some thought were career ending. Proven? Yes. Questionable pickup for NO at the time? EXTREMELY!

5. Looking back in time, here's what the Houston Texans should have done:

Trust me - we get this every single freaking day. :) Everyone around the league tells us, "Looking back in time", "You guys really should've...", :I can't believe ya'll didn't....", "Vince was sitting there..." - Trust me, bro - we get it here EVERY day! :)

I hope it works out for you, i have nothing against the Texans. Just my two cents.

I hope you keep visiting over here. Hopefully, our two teams have some EPIC battles over the next ten years and we'll spend time making fun of the Colts and how bad they are! (After they win a couple more SB's though! :)

1. - I wish people would stop saying that our OL is the worst in football. Seems to me those same people said the Cowboys line was the worst...oh yeah, until Romo started playing. We may be young but Winston is not going anywhere, Spencer is not going anywhere, Pitts is not going anywhere, I don't think Weary is going anywhere, and center is a wash. So, we add the Chiefs STARTING left tackle, if we draft Levi, Staley or Ugoh, do we STILL have the worst line in football? WAIT.......WAIT..............HOLD......could it have been the QB and the footwork thing? Oh...maybe so.

2. - "David Carr has all the skills in the world." What the heck does that even mean? He can't read defenses, he can't throw a 30+ yard pass, he has the worst footwork of a professional QB, he DOES NOT lead, he garners no respect other than that toward his durability, he doesn't stay late ever and study film or gameplan, fumbles more than ALL other QB's, has no pocket feel, and gets 1/4 of his passes batted down. I'm sorry...what skills again?

3 - How in the hell can this trade be a bad trade? It was for ONE SINGLE SECOND ROUND PICK - NOT TWO. Now, at the beginning of next year's draft, it will ALSO be for ONE SECOND ROUND PICK...AGAIN but NOT TWO. This year, we give up ONE PICK for a starting QB. For those of you who complain about moving down to 10, go back and get on your new PS3.

***listen*** BEFORE we give up that 'OTHER' 2nd round pick in over a calendar year from now, we will know by then whether he was worth it. But since that other pick doesn't happen for another CALENDAR YEAR...then you CAN'T say that the trade was bad or that we overpaid because not 1 SINGLE GM IN FOOTBALL wouldn't have traded a second for Schaub - NOT ONE!

4. - Matt Schaub's unproven - blah, blah, blah....name one single QB who's not. Brett Favre is unproven in whether or not he can be effective when he's 40 - why? Because he's not 40 and we won't know UNTIL he's 40 so until he's 40, he's unproven as an effective 40 year old QB. :confused:

Montana's the greatest QB of all time and he IS PROVEN....so, would you start him now? I mean, he's proven - he has a body of work. "Yeah, but I mean not an old proven dude..." :confused:

5. - "The Texans organization...." You know what? That 'Organization' does not work here anymore. ESPN and everyone needs to STOP saying that Kubiak passed on Vince. That's like ANY SINGLE person starting a new job and the boss asking, "Hey, can you build this house with these trucks or should we go out and buy a WHOLE NEW FREAKING FLEET of them for you to build this house?"

"Uhh....I can do it with these trucks..."

6. - Vince is a Titan. Picture if you will those typical Texans whiners -

"This just commmmmpounds our mistakes."
"We could drafted Vinnnnnce."
"Kubiak and Smith have no ideeeeeeeea what they're doing."
"WE.......WE.......WE.......spent waaaaaaay too much for this guy who has been running this exact offense his entire career all the way through college and every year in the pros and is hailed as a leader, determined, has supreme confidence, can make every throw, and was recommended highly by every single coach that the Texans talked to.....(Wow, sound kinda NOT LIKE a QB we have right now.)

....WE.........I mean, THEY spent tooooo mcuh for this guy."

"Kubiak and Smith suck - they have no idea what they're doing? None. We could've drafted Vinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnce???!!!"

Ok - I feel better. :yahoo:

In p. 1, you specify that we have Spencer, which by all accounts is an unknown as to how/if he will recover. If you have information share it.... until then, consider that Salaam and Black are competing for LT, and both aren't the future there.

Pt. 2, no comment necessary... agreed

Pt. 3... um, it was the 2007 2nd round pick and the 2008 2nd round pick... 1 plus 1 = 2. And if Schaub isn't the cat's pajamas next year, it isn't like we get to keep the 2008 2nd round pick, it is still Atlanta's.... if we didn't trade those picks, we would have two players on the roster with those picks, not the 1 QB that we do have.

Pt. 4... now you are just being difficult. You know what everyone means.

Pt. 5... I am not familiar with the whole he said, she said of how Carr was kept here... and who vouched for Carr and who didn't.. casserly? Kubiak? Dan Reeves? That is in the past and I am over it...

Pt. 6... Yeah the Vince whining gets old. I feel your pain here.

Good job and take a deep breath... life will get better.

I'm not upset at all - really. I LOVE the trade. I truly believe that the QB makes ALL the difference in the world. I expect dramatic improvement next year.

As for the 2nd round picks :) Am I playing with the numbers? Yeah but let me try one more time.

In THIS year's DRAFT - in THIS year's draft - we lose ONE SINGLE PICK PERIOD. If we had 2 high picks in THIS draft, yeah, that would be a tough pill.
But we have many months to recoup that 2nd rd. pick - many months before we have to worry about 'that guy' stepping on the field. As for THIS year, only ONE pick in the 2nd rd would've played for us. Most likely, it would've been a QB - he would've been a backup - and he would NOT have played.
Today, we have a starting QB who knows Kubiak's playbook verbatim right now! he has ZERO learning curve with terminlogy and understanding of the system and that comes from Kubiak's mouth. That's a pretty big thing, IMHO.

So, to give up ONE pick that affects our team THIS YEAR for a starting QB in Matt Schaub is a steal. If he plays well, next year he's STILL a steal because he's a starting NFL QB that only cost 2 2nd rd. picks.

Now, after we've had him for a year, we'll have two perspectives -

1. He's our starter and we respond with "who cares' about that pick, it was soooo worth it." That's one option.

2. He sucks, we lose a 2nd, and we hear the Vince cracks for another year.

So, there's no need for anyone to worry about that pick in 20 months from now. If we love Schaub, no one will care and thus, it becomes a GREAT trade.

If not, well, let's hope we spend a CRAPLOAD of our cap room on big name Free Agents.
The better Schaub plays, the worse Atlanta picks next year - win/win! :)

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you've said. I was so pi$$ed off after watching last night's NFL Live on BSPN. That tard Schlereth slagged the Texans and made it sound like David Carr is the greatest QB behind the worst offensive line in NFL history.

I almost broke the remote, until I remembered what network I was watching.

I was so pi$$ed off after watching last night's NFL Live on BSPN. That tard Schlereth slagged the Texans and made it sound like David Carr is the greatest QB behind the worst offensive line in NFL history.

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well.... it's frustrating.

Good rant, DRAMA. I'd give you rep, but the system wants me to spread it around before giving it to you again.

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you've said. I was so pi$$ed off after watching last night's NFL Live on BSPN. That tard Schlereth slagged the Texans and made it sound like David Carr is the greatest QB behind the worst offensive line in NFL history.

I almost broke the remote, until I remembered what network I was watching.

Sucks when a guy who actually knows the game, played it can point out the obvious.

Back