Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-25-2004   #1
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer
Default Zook fired

Florida fired Ron Zook today. http://espn.go.com

They are going to let him finish out the season, but after that he's done. Personally, I think this is bad timing. They play Georgia this weekend and recruiting is heating up right now. Seems like bad timing to me. Maybe Spurrier will come back and coach.
Old 10-25-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Woops. Can someone move this for me?
Old 10-25-2004   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think it's one of those scenarios where the coach got frustrated with all they "Fire Zook" talk, and went to the Atheletic Director and asked him straight out if he planned on firing him at the end of the season. If the AD said yes then I assume Zook thought it was fair for them to let the fans know, or someone leaked the information about his firing, and they decided to give a press conference to announce it to save face.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

He lost to a team that lost to a 1-AA Maine team. He should be fired for that alone.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #5
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Florida fired Ron Zook today. http://espn.go.com

They are going to let him finish out the season, but after that he's done. Personally, I think this is bad timing. They play Georgia this weekend and recruiting is heating up right now. Seems like bad timing to me. Maybe Spurrier will come back and coach.
I honestly dont think this is bad timing for them. They are talking in Jacksonville like Steve Spurrier is going to be the coach next year which will probably increase their recruiting(knowing Steve Spurrier might be back).

Go Dawgs, Canes, and Tide!
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #6
TexansCanes
All Pro

spurrier has denied the UF job saying he spent enough time at florida and might want to try the nfl again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1915954
Old 11-04-2004   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
spurrier has denied the UF job saying he spent enough time at florida and might want to try the nfl again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1915954
Can you say Miami?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read