Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2007   #1
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Vikings disinterest in Carr

cross Minneapolis off of DC's landing places:

Quote:
from the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

Based on a morning appearance on KFAN, Vikings coach Brad Childress would seem to have little interest in trading for Houston Texans quarterback David Carr.

"David Carr is a tremendous person," Childress said. "I always struggled with where his release came from. It's kind of a drop-down, three-quarter release. ... He can make some of the throws; he can't make all the throws."
http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings disinterest in Carr

Well, make that 30 teams that want him now.
Old 03-22-2007   #3
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't expect them to take David Carr. I would imagine that they're pretty happy with Tarvaris Jackson.

By the way, who is that in your avatar?
Old 03-22-2007   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Could be telling the truth...could be trying to diminish his value. (Trying to be optimistic here)

Come on Oakland!

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
afcman
Veteran

There's been a lot of "talk" going around.....now we'll see what actually happens.
Old 03-22-2007   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
I didn't expect them to take David Carr. I would imagine that they're pretty happy with Tarvaris Jackson.

By the way, who is that in your avatar?
if you are talking about mine, then it is Amobi Okoye. i'd to pick up him or Levi Brown.
Old 03-22-2007   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've stated for a while that Carr has a funky hitch and doesn't have a good intermediate or long ball...but the forum called me crazy and a hater. I guess I'm not so bonkers now.

....well, maybe I am and this has nothing to do with it.
vinny... is that glee you write with? i haven't ever seen you as happy as you've been this past day or two.
Old 03-22-2007   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
vinny... is that glee you write with? i haven't ever seen you as happy as you've been this past day or two.
Ditto, it's almost odd.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #9
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've stated for a while that Carr has a funky hitch and doesn't have a good intermediate or long ball...but the forum called me crazy and a hater. I guess I'm not so bonkers now.

Crazy, bonkers hater. Just like Brad Childress. That guy's been a Carr Hater from day one!

Thanks, DSteve. I wouldn't mind Okoye. His name makes me happy, even if he weren't as good as he likely is.
Old 03-22-2007   #10
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

vin--
did you add the link? sorry i didnt.
Old 03-22-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
I haven't been this happy about the direction of this offense for years. I think that we have a young line, a franchise WR, a solid proven NFL back, a QB that has been groomed in the NFL for the last three years, a promising young TE, and the Emperor's New Clothing era is officially over to boot.

such optimism.
Old 03-22-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't been this happy about the direction of this offense for years. I think that we have a young line, a franchise WR, a solid proven NFL back, a QB that has been groomed in the NFL for the last three years, a promising young TE, and the Emperor's New Clothing era is officially over to boot.

Check out Vinny using the dancin' Elmo smiley...should we be scared?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Check out Vinny using the dancin' Elmo smiley...should we be scared?
I am...but I'm just as happy as Vinny is.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Crazy, bonkers hater. Just like Brad Childress. That guy's been a Carr Hater from day one!
Well, I have to admit that he's been right about Carr from day one, so I give him his props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy View Post
I am...but I'm just as happy as Vinny is.
I'm kinda stoked about it, myself. I think Schaub will flourish with Kubes and Sherman. And I'm so glad Plummer retired, or this deal probably wouldn't have gone down.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember the side-arm delivery being discussed when they drafted Carr.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

vinny, both of us have been saying the same thing for going on 3 years...i have had problems with Carr's fundamentals since Day One.

it took someone outside 'the loop' to finally call a spade a spade. remember casserley allaying all our fears on his horrible release point. they were going to change it then there was the whole dad at practice drama and all that junk.

thank god we arent in Romper Room anymore...Schaub delivers the ball overhead and actually reminds me of Peyton as far as releases go.
Old 03-22-2007   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

See, still hating like crazy. Be quiet you crazy hater.

Old 03-22-2007   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
I remember the side-arm delivery being discussed when they drafted Carr.

Remember the ladders? Remember how they just disappeared the next year in training camp like everything was fixed and working fine? I always thought that was weird. Chris Palmer (who also had something of a reputation of being a QB guru before his stint as our offensive coordinator) went through all the trouble of these photo-op practices and talked about correcting his mechanics. Then the very next year none of that was happening and David was back to throwing like he'd always thrown.

Did Palmer just give up on trying to fix that through coaching? In retrospect was that an early sign that we had a QB who either wasn't going to or wasn't able to change what he was doing wrong?
Old 03-22-2007   #19
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think they eventually decided to just let Carr do what worked for him, mechanics be damned. It works for VY.

(P.S. I know it never worked very well for David, which makes me think he didn't adapt to the new throwing mechanics very well.)
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #20
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

I'll dissent from Brad Childress.

I've seen this argument too many times and too many times proven to be false. Unorthadox throwing motions don't equate into inability to make a wide range of throws. From Stabler to Kosar to currently Rivers and Young, there have been guys making passes work where dozens of traditional arms have failed.

Besides that... his offense was terrible. The worst one fielded in Minnesota in over 20 years ( since 1984 and that's with Birk, Hutchinson, McKinnie ).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read