Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2007   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Best play since 2000

Since we got a QB, there is nothing to say again...ever. So Matt Schaub got me thinking of Mike Vick, and the best play of this century. My vote goes to Vick, for the Overtime TD run vs the Vikings a couple of years ago.
My favorite Texans play is still Carr's QB sneak to beat the Jags.

Thoughts?
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: Best play since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
Since we got a QB, there is nothing to say again...ever. So Matt Schaub got me thinking of Mike Vick, and the best play of this century. My vote goes to Vick, for the Overtime TD run vs the Vikings a couple of years ago.
My favorite Texans play is still Carr's QB sneak to beat the Jags.

Thoughts?
March 22, 2007:

When GM Rick Smith announced that we were parting ways with David Carr.
Old 03-22-2007   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's dive into the endzone against the jags.

Carr running for 20 yards with his injured shoulder.

Demarcus Faggins interception for a touchdown against the Jags.

I love that we have Schaub and a new beggining.. but lets not be punks about it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The field goal that beat the Colts anyone?
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Favourite Texans plays:

1) Ramon Walker blocking that field goal in the Patriots game.
2) Carr to Johnson flip-catch
3) Marcus Coleman returning the interception 105 yards.
4) Petey interception (for touchdown, I think) against the Jags
5) Dive over the top to beat the Jags (I still woulda kicked)
6) (for no reason whatsoever) Babin bringing LT down in the backfield in the open field.
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

eh.. I could never name a fieldgoal as a great play .. I dont even like acknowledging that they exist.

To me field goals, unless the game will be decided by 2 points or less, are just a good time to use the restroom.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
Capster67
Veteran

My favorite was the interception and TD return in Kansas City to seal the game a couple of years ago.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
TexanRoadrunner
Rookie

Gary Walker sack vs. Dallas to seal the game
Old 03-22-2007   #9
afcman
Veteran

For YEARS I've watched and listened to talking heads and the weenies of ESPN radio kiss Vicks bee-hind........for WHAT? I think the guy has been a failure so far based on what he should (could) have done. And how much did they pay him? Compared to Brady and Manning? I'm glad he's not our QB. I don't go for a player flippin' off fans. No excuse for that.
Old 03-22-2007   #10
NRowl
Rookie

Carr to Miller for the first TD in Texans history!!

And it was against the Cowboys for the added bonus.
NRowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
The field goal that beat the Colts anyone?
absolutly!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked that dive in the endzone Carr did last season against the Giants...then with the balla shot afterwards.

Glenn Earls 'jacked up' jeremy shockey was a sweet defensive play...also against the giants.

usi umenyiora sp? "sack" against vince young...the one where he wrapped it up but vince never threw it. usi let go and vince ran for a 1st down...lol funniest play of the season imo. i don't blame usi...if vy would have gotten rid of it and he'd a slammed vy down...it would have been a 15 yard personal foul.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #13
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
For YEARS I've watched and listened to talking heads and the weenies of ESPN radio kiss Vicks bee-hind........for WHAT? I think the guy has been a failure so far based on what he should (could) have done. And how much did they pay him? Compared to Brady and Manning? I'm glad he's not our QB. I don't go for a player flippin' off fans. No excuse for that.
What does that have to do with anything?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1998030164
Old 03-23-2007   #14
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1998030164
Am I the only one who's wondered why Vick ran in the first place, with a well-formed pocket and virtually no pressure? QB's like that I just don't like.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Marcus Coleman 102 yard INT return against the Chiefs that completely changed the way the game was going, and ended up getting us a win.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
DGPowaR
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DGPowaR

Does anyone remember when DC completly 2 stepped juked that defender 1 on 1 into the endzone a few years ago...something wants me to say its the (s)aints...
Old 03-23-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPowaR View Post
Does anyone remember when DC completly 2 stepped juked that defender 1 on 1 into the endzone a few years ago...something wants me to say its the (s)aints...
yep...2nd game of the 03 season...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Naw...all of you are wrong.

It was the Saints' "River City Run", even if it happened after 2000.

They managed to run 3/4 of the field with lateral handoffs to score and win....under review, that it was legal.

The Texans never came close to anything like that.
I think what made it taste sour and forgettable was when they missed the FG to tie the game. I felt so sorry for them.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read