Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
Sabin84
Rookie

Default Wide Receivers

ok this is my 1st post on this site and the thing im wondering is i know we have andre but since moulds is gone(just to be known i really like him even though he didnt get much) who is going to be our other WR? Also i am from the great state of alabama and i have to say the best player and my favorite player is none other then 59 himself DeMeco Ryans. PS i really hope we do not get moss but if we do its still might be an ok thing.
Sabin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Wide Receivers

i don't want that lazy degenerate on our team.
Old 03-22-2007   #3
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
AMEN, brother!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Gamehorn25
Veteran

I have heards some rumors regarding trading Carr for Moss. I think we would be getting duped if we even thought about trading Carr for Moss. IMO Moss is too lazy, and he just jogs down the field.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Sabin84
Rookie

i agree with the fact that i wouldnt want him on the team because of his hotheadness but the question that im askin is have we named our other wide receiver yet
Old 03-22-2007   #6
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
I agree. Please, please, please do not bring in Moss. If they do bring in Moss, my opinion of the management will drop considerably.

As far as our #2 WR, I'm expecting we'll get someone in the draft who will compete with Kevin Walter for the spot.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin84 View Post
ok this is my 1st post on this site and the thing im wondering is i know we have andre but since moulds is gone(just to be known i really like him even though he didnt get much) who is going to be our other WR? Also i am from the great state of alabama and i have to say the best player and my favorite player is none other then 59 himself DeMeco Ryans. PS i really hope we do not get moss but if we do its still might be an ok thing.
With this FO, I think we just need to sit back and watch the fireworks.

This draft is supposed to be fairly deep in WR's, so there's a good chance that we'll pick someone later in the draft. Kubiak has said that he likes Kevin Walter as our #2. Jerome Mathis might be back. But I expect something to happen with the WR spot. (And I was really sad to see Eric go.)

The season is a long way away and this FO is on the move.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
Sabin84
Rookie

i dont know i think that in the long run we are just gonna release carr because of no one wantin to move on therre draft picks but im pretty sure that will come around and bite me in the butt so we shall see
Old 03-22-2007   #9
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

NO MOSS! I'd rather have David play receiver for us.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welome aboard Sabin84.

I think that we draft a WR to compete for the #2 spot.

I think if we played our first game today we would be seeing a lot of Kevin Walter. They brought him in last year and seem to have a high regard for him. He's a big posession type receiver who I think can be of use to us.

It would be nice to have AJ, Walter and a true speed WR to mix things up. If only Mathis would become that guy otherwise look for a burner in the draft.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Gamehorn25
Veteran

I hope we pick up someone like Sidney Rice, Steve Breaston, Joel Filani, Syvelle Newton, or Steve Smith.

If you can think of any other good players that are dropping, please share them with the rest of us.
Old 03-22-2007   #12
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
trade for the number one pick and pick Calvin Johnson......
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

let's trade out fourth round pick for jabar gaffney
Old 03-22-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout we take Robert Meachem with #10, instead of Levi Brown?

There's your No. 2 receiver.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #15
HoustonRaised
Rookie

I think Randy Moss is a possiblity to be honest, if we got him for Carr I would be happy, I know he is generally lazy but the years where he tried as a Viking he was just dangerous.
HoustonRaised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #16
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
i dont know i think that in the long run we are just gonna release carr because of no one wantin to move on therre draft picks but im pretty sure that will come around and bite me in the butt so we shall see
Think about this...why would any team in the NFL trade for David Carr and pick his $5.5M base salary in 2007? They could just wait until they cut him and sign him to a much, much cheaper deal.

Another option for the Texans is to trade DC for a player AND a pick...or just a player.

btw...you misspelled Saban.
Old 03-22-2007   #17
Football Time In Hou.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
How bout we take Robert Meachem with #10, instead of Levi Brown?

There's your No. 2 receiver.

I like your thinking. I want the best available receiver in the first round and pick up the best available O-linemen in the third providing we don't trade down for more picks. We have to surround Mat Schaub with good weapons in order for him to be successful. We can always go defense in the later rounds and next year. Remember it takes longer to build a good offense than it does a good defense.
Football Time In Hou. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Time In Hou. View Post
I like your thinking. I want the best available receiver in the first round and pick up the best available O-linemen in the third providing we don't trade down for more picks. We have to surround Mat Schaub with good weapons in order for him to be successful. We can always go defense in the later rounds and next year. Remember it takes longer to build a good offense than it does a good defense.
we could trade to...probably....17 with the Jags and still get Meachem. No need in taking him that high.
Old 03-22-2007   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRaised View Post
I think Randy Moss is a possiblity to be honest, if we got him for Carr I would be happy, I know he is generally lazy but the years where he tried as a Viking he was just dangerous.
How about this:

We trade Carr to Oakland for Moss, and then ship Moss to Green Bay for picks.

A WR that I would like to see the Texans get would is David Ball. He has good speed, runs good patterns, and has great hands. Since he played for a small school, he won't cost us alot.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we go WR in the 1st ...Meachem needs to be the choice..dude's a stud.

Meachem will help schaub,
Levi Brown will help schaub.

secondary needs improvement too.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read