Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover
Default Kudos for the Organization

I just wanted to thank Mr. McNair for trying to do what is best for the team.

I know it must have been hard to change course after making such a commitment, but I'm sure that Mr. Smith and Mr. Kubiak made the suggestion to improve the team.

I know it's a lot of money.

I hope things work out for the best for everyone involved.

I'm just glad we have a great owner like Mr. McNair.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. McNair

Ditto. I don't always agree with their decision; however, he always tries to move this franchise forward...
Old 03-22-2007   #3
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Who Else?

Kub and Rick Smith.

Added 4 solid backups this year, for a decent price each.

Added the BEST most highly sought FA Quarterback on the market, hands down.

Trading for David Carr.

Who else has popcorn and have been watching this offseason like a movie? Kub and Rick Smith are the first time I feel we have had a REAL Head coach and GM. I am excited for the draft, (look how we did last year). I am excited for the season. Man... I am stoked and I have to come to this site much more often just to find out minute by minute.
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps
Default Re: Who Else?

Alright... maybe you don't know how things work around here, but most people on this board consider OPTIMISM to be a dirty word. You're a brave, brave man to walk in here and actually SUPPORT the moves by our team and front office, and actually think we're getting BETTER and not whine and complain about everything we do.

That said, I totally agree... I like the way this offseason has gone. Maybe people will finally have something to talk about other than hating on anything and everything to do with this franchise. Then again, maybe not. :P
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Mr. McNair is byfar the classiest of owners and i am grateful as a Texans fan to have him as the owner of the team I love, who was that other guy that used to be here? oh yea, once a loser always a loser bud adams
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Mr. McNair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
I just wanted to thank Mr. McNair for trying to do what is best for the team.
I already thanked him. Just sent in my second payment for 2007 season tickets!
Old 03-22-2007   #7
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear Mr. McNair,

It's about time that you have changed this team around for the good of Houston.

Thanks,
ALL TEXANS FANS

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Pass the chapstick.
Old 03-22-2007   #9
done88
Veteran

Ok 0-12 we can line up for the number one pick again. This is the worst deal ever made. Even worse then stupid giving up the entire draft for pot head. Oh wait I like this one and I hope that Green is not a back up and still has a little in the tank. We won't know how this turns out for a while but I'm excited about the possiablities. All the Texans can do is put the past behind them and move forward. I'm excited the Texans are adding players I've heard of, even if they are a little older. Green was once a top 10 pick in my Fantasy drafts. I'm excited about the year. Hoperfully we can enjoy an NBA championship and Carlos Lee hitting pop fly home runs to the crawford boxs while we anxiously await the start of the season. See you guys at the draft.
Old 03-22-2007   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Im not eating popcorn watching a movie, I'm moreso strapped in to a roller coaster on its way up about to descend and give us one hell of a ride the next few years.
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Capster67
Veteran

I'm glad the front office had the courage to make serious changes (isn't that what they were brought in to do with a 2-14 team). I am also one of the few ones glad they stayed with Carr last year to see if a coaching change could have resurrected his career. Had we let him go and he had success elsewhere, Carr would have become part of the (Reggie Bush, Vince Young mantra - see, they blew it once again). This way we can close a chapter on the Carr years and fully move on into the future with a good mix of young talent and vets. Thanks Rick, Gary, and Bob for doing your jobs. Can't wait to see what happens in a good sense.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Kub and Rick Smith.

Added 4 solid backups this year, for a decent price each.

Added the BEST most highly sought FA Quarterback on the market, hands down.

Trading for David Carr.

Who else has popcorn and have been watching this offseason like a movie? Kub and Rick Smith are the first time I feel we have had a REAL Head coach and GM. I am excited for the draft, (look how we did last year). I am excited for the season. Man... I am stoked and I have to come to this site much more often just to find out minute by minute.
Dime-I'm w/u, I like the moves. Schuab is a gutsy trade...and Kubes must feel strongly or we wouldn't have sent those picks to ATL. The vet signings are solid.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #13
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent
Default Encouraging...positive news

I will say this... I have been extremely impressed that Kubiak & Company have been able to attract so many free agents to Houston. This despite the fact that we are seriously up against the cap.

This bodes well that players want to come to Houston and play. Seven free agent signings are amongst the tops in the league. By getting serviceable bodies at virtually every position of need, the Texans have enabled themselves the ability to pick up the best player available in the draft and not be cornered into one guy.

There have been some huge mistakes made by the franchise by people who are no longer here. You have to clean some house to get things in order before starting the major renovations. I hope 2007 will be step in that direction.
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Encouraging...positive news

I agree, this bunch of guys are making rational intelligent decisions, and are managing the franshise so that it'll stay competitive for years to come.

When 'success' finally hits us I have no idea, but I like to foundation that we're creating!
Old 03-23-2007   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed as well. Before the Schaub trade, I was thinking that we had some solid FA signings. Now, it looks like we're the team that made the biggest splash in free agency.

They've been saying they wanna win now. Now they put their money where their mouth is.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Agreed as well. Before the Schaub trade, I was thinking that we had some solid FA signings. Now, it looks like we're the team that made the biggest splash in free agency.

They've been saying they wanna win now. Now they put their money where their mouth is.
The only area of need that we have now is the dreaded secondary. I look for us to go FS in the 1st and CB in the 3rd. We really need some help for Dunta back there.
Old 03-23-2007   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamehorn25 View Post
The only area of need that we have now is the dreaded secondary.
Dang, I sure wish that was our only remaining area of need.
Still outstanding are a #2 WR across from AJ, more fortification at OT with
huge uncertainties remaining about Spencers recovery and return, and our most pressing need on D which is not the secondary but for once and all securing a bona fide edge rusher.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Dang, I sure wish that was our only remaining area of need.
Still outstanding are a #2 WR across from AJ, more fortification at OT with
huge uncertainties remaining about Spencers recovery and return, and our most pressing need on D which is not the secondary but for once and all securing a bona fide edge rusher.
Agreed...we could use a few pieces...I think we can get a couple in the draft...if we get a studly FS or CB, that'll help a ton. I want to say there should be a tackle or two worth looking at in the third and then hope for a gem to show up on day two of the draft.

I've got happy feelings about the upcoming season....too bad it's only March.
Old 03-23-2007   #19
oilerstexans2007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post

Now all we need to do is protect Matt
oilerstexans2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
americastayawayfrommywomb
Rookie

Default Re: Kudos for the Organization

I don't know anyone could give Kudos to this organization? We have the best stadium in the league, fan bases, and money to go around like it is nothing. We need start improving on the field and now. We need to get our act together on both sides of the line before we can expect to start winning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read