Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm a little sad, but know it's for the best

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but today, I am a little sad.

I remember watching the 02 draft, and being ecstatic, thinking David was the person who was going to take us where we needed to be. I thought he had all the physical tools, the mental ones as well. Plus, I thought he'd be a very good face for our new team.

I think it's best for him to go, but it still doesn't mean I am not disappointed to see him leave, and I still wish he could have carried us.

David is one heck of a young man. He represents everything I try and teach my students to be on a regular basis. I wish him nothing but the best, and I know he will be successful wherever he goes.

Thanks for everything David! I only hope we are respectful to him when he plays in Reliant next time.

WELCOME MATT SCHAUB!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Default Re: I'm a little sad, but know it's for the best

ditto to everything you said
Old 03-22-2007   #3
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps

Remember that opening game against Dallas in 2002? After the game, the way Carr had played, and the emotion... I can't lie, as much as I want to move on and give Schaub a shot... I'll miss Carr.

Ditto again... and best of luck wherever he ends up.
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't agree more with Ash. David came into a situation and never once made the team or the city look bad.

David was the face to this franchise for 5 years and spent most of that on his back. Were there times that David din't play up to the level of the #1 overal pick, yes. But he also left everything on the field.

I'm also alittle sad to this see that day come. I knew it was for the best of this franchise but it is still alittle sad.

I wish David good luck and I hope he turns into a pro bowl qb where ever he goes. That being said...

Welcome to Houston Matt Schaub!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish nothing but the best for Carr and his family.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
ROCKY
Rookie

I agree, I always really rooted for David. All the beatings he's taken and the toughness he showed, I really liked that. Plus the Dave-haters were (are) always so mean spirited and classless towards David and his family (beer incident against Cleveland, 3/4 of the thinds said on this board). And I wanted him to shut them up so badly. It is sad he will not be able to make that happen.

Wherever Dave goes, I wish him and his family nothing but the absolute best that life has to offer, and I hope he can make good on all his potential.
Old 03-22-2007   #7
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover
Default Mr. Carr

I would like to thank Mr. Carr for fighting for our team all of these years and for being a class guy.

I know there have been many negative fans, but I hope Mr. Carr knows that there are many of us who respect him and wish him the very best.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #9
si160hp
Rookie

yup, I just finished reading a piece from Richard Justice talking about Carr. Its funny how I wanted a change but when it happened it's such a sad note. Hopefully David Carr gets a better deal somewhere esle.
si160hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

While I am glad the Texans are going in a new direction, I just can't forget him leading us to a 19-10 win over the Cowboys to start off the '02 season. Never before in my life had I been so happy. For the longest time, whenever I thought "Texans", I thought "Carr". I just hope for the best for him if he ends up somewhere else.
Old 03-22-2007   #11
real

Default Re: Mr. Carr

Dito.

Good luck and I sincerely hope he does well wherever he ends up...
Old 03-22-2007   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a Carr supporter around here but I know it is time to bring in a guy that doesn't have the history Carr has here.

Thanks for the memories David, you are a great guy, awesome competitor and a tough son of a gun. Farewell.

I really hope to see the Texans beat him down in the playoffs in the near future.
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Carr

I'm not sad. I wish David Carr the best with his future team, but I can't be anything but cautiously optimistic about our future.

I'm not one to live the past, though. Onward, upward, and back into the trees!
Old 03-22-2007   #14
done88
Veteran

I will proudly sport my Carr jersy the entire year next year. One last farewell to a person who represented the Texans and Houston very well. He was never able to completely put it together on the field but he never trashed the organization or any of the players. David as fans we appreciate you helping us get the organization started and we hope to meet you in the Superbowl.
As for the next year my Ryans jersey will be waiting its turn.
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's a class act that came into a tough situation and never could overcome it.

I hope that his family and friends check in every now and then. I'd like to know how he's coming along in the next town.

Best of luck.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #16
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Good times...good times.

Ok, I'm done. Let's move on to the Schaub era!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The sadness is that we did not do this earlier - 2002 (Peppers) or 2006 (not extend) would have been great. Carr's best days are behind him. The Texans best days are in front of them.

Today is a great day to be a Texan.
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Carr's a class act that came into a tough situation and never could overcome it.

I hope that his family and friends check in every now and then. I'd like to know how he's coming along in the next town.

Best of luck.
What he said.

But...

I have a new QB to root for his name is...

MATT SCHAUB

Welcome to H town baby!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by done88 View Post
I will proudly sport my Carr jersy the entire year next year. One last farewell to a person who represented the Texans and Houston very well. He was never able to completely put it together on the field but he never trashed the organization or any of the players. David as fans we appreciate you helping us get the organization started and we hope to meet you in the Superbowl.
As for the next year my Ryans jersey will be waiting its turn.
When he is traded it will be interesting to see how he reacts. If he acts as classy as he has bene while here, I salute him. If he takes the opportunity to bash the franchise shame on him. ~shakes finger disapprovingly~

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #20
NRowl
Rookie

Carr's legacy will be one that the Texans failed him, not that he failed the Texans.

I am of the opinion that it was time for a change for both David and the Texans in order for all to grow. The class he showed by taking the high road and not getting caught up in all the negative publicity he has endured throughout the past couple years make me respect him tremendously as a person. I do hope that he goes to a team and succeeds with a fresh start.
NRowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read