Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Our new QB was just on Cold Pizza

Basically said he is a smart QB and will get the ball into the hands of the people who can do something with it...

They also stated about Smith's dilema of what to do with Carr now. That no team will trade for him cause they know he will be cut and has no value to the Texans...
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new QB was just on Cold Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Basically said he is a smart QB and will get the ball into the hands of the people who can do something with it...

They also stated about Smith's dilema of what to do with Carr now. That no team will trade for him cause they know he will be cut and has no value to the Texans...
and they are never worng about anything. There knowledge of what GMs are saying to each other is nonexsistant.
Old 03-22-2007   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
There knowledge of what GMs are saying to each other is nonexsistant.
I agree...

They can get SOMETHING for David even if that something is a conditional 7th round pick in '08....

I wouldn't care if they cut him, but I think someone will be willing to atleast give up a 5th rounder...
Old 03-22-2007   #4
trublu
Veteran

Quote:

He may not have value for the Texans, but he may for say the Raiders who can't wait til June for Carr to be cut. If the Raiders want Calvin Johnson then they need to have the QB situation taken care of; if they don't they will be forced to take a QB with the #1 pick. So to the Raiders Carr has value.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Bingo. In fact, this could be a good move on the part of the Texans to drum up interest in the QB since now teams know he is up for grabs asap. (Trying to find a silver lining here, people.) However, I think whatever we get for him is going to be piddling. 7th-round pick up to a fifth or sixth based on playing time. That's a best-case scenario, IMO. But somebody will bite. They'll want the QB before the draft.
Old 03-22-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is only true if there's only 1 team that wants him. If there's only 1 team, then they can wait for him to be released and sign him for cheap.

If multiple teams want him, then they take a risk of him not wanting to play for them and choosing another team instead. The only way to lock him up is to deal with the Texans.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

exactly. we could have waited until next year when schaub was an UFA, but we decided to trade away and get him now. Same may hold true for DC
Old 03-23-2007   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Bingo. In fact, this could be a good move on the part of the Texans to drum up interest in the QB since now teams know he is up for grabs asap. (Trying to find a silver lining here, people.) However, I think whatever we get for him is going to be piddling. 7th-round pick up to a fifth or sixth based on playing time. That's a best-case scenario, IMO. But somebody will bite. They'll want the QB before the draft.
Nevermind...

Old 03-23-2007   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I agree...

They can get SOMETHING for David even if that something is a conditional 7th round pick in '08....

I wouldn't care if they cut him, but I think someone will be willing to atleast give up a 5th rounder...
Man, I thought so too! I guess the deal was that Carr just would NOT restructure that deal and help the Texans out. That's my guess. That contract was the poison, I assume.
Old 03-23-2007   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
Man, I thought so too! I guess the deal was that Carr just would NOT restructure that deal and help the Texans out. That's my guess. That contract was the poison, I assume.
Seems to be the same thing that happend to Glenn.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read