Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2007   #1
pv1999
Veteran

Default Luv ya "steel" Blue!

I was cleaning out my garage and I came across what might be the last can of Dan Pastorini's "Snake Oil" cola in existence. As I sat back and looked back at the Columbia Blue trucks and vans and such of the late 70's - Early 80's. Then I think about 2006. Will our love (or luv) ever get back to the level it was then. Hell, is certainly wasn't because we were winning, Houston just loved it's team. I still get giddy looking at the avatars with the oil derrick and looking at #34. Why don't we embrace the Texans (win, lose or draw) like we were behind the Houston Oilers?

....look out football here we come, Houston Texans #1.
Old 03-22-2007   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Luv ya "steel" Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv1999 View Post

I liked the Oilers too, but please don't start that unless and until we win an actual SB. That phrase always embarrassed me.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
jmares78
Rookie

I think its mostly cause of the "jaw-dropping" moves the FO makes. They have had plenty of oppertunity to bring in people that would drive us bonkers and bring our butts back in the seats. However, they pass on everyone! I think they need to bring in someone we can drool to come see. VY would have gauranteed that. Win or lose, the throngs of Texas alumni would be out as well as the guys just wanting to cheer on the hometown guy. Look at Hakeem and "Glyde" from UH and how popular that was (the champoinship didnt hurt either). Backe from G-town with the Astros. The Texans lack the "IT" factor player and when he gets here it will be beautiful! I mean Andre is a great guy but he never says anything. He is not very charismatic. That's what we need....well, IMHO. ---wow i finnally got to use that!
jmares78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was cleaning out my garage and I came across what might be the last can of Dan Pastorini's "Snake Oil" cola in existence. As I sat back and looked back at the Columbia Blue trucks and vans and such of the late 70's - Early 80's. Then I think about 2006. Will our love (or luv) ever get back to the level it was then. Hell, is certainly wasn't because we were winning, Houston just loved it's team. I still get giddy looking at the avatars with the oil derrick and looking at #34. Why don't we embrace the Texans (win, lose or draw) like we were behind the Houston Oilers?

That would be Ken Stabler's Snake Oil
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Would you take a picture of that can and post it? I've looked for photos on the net and nothing's there.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Jimpster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmares78 View Post
I think its mostly cause of the "jaw-dropping" moves the FO makes. They have had plenty of oppertunity to bring in people that would drive us bonkers and bring our butts back in the seats. However, they pass on everyone! I think they need to bring in someone we can drool to come see. VY would have gauranteed that. Win or lose, the throngs of Texas alumni would be out as well as the guys just wanting to cheer on the hometown guy. Look at Hakeem and "Glyde" from UH and how popular that was (the champoinship didnt hurt either). Backe from G-town with the Astros. The Texans lack the "IT" factor player and when he gets here it will be beautiful! I mean Andre is a great guy but he never says anything. He is not very charismatic. That's what we need....well, IMHO. ---wow i finnally got to use that!
Point well taken. Dont forget to mention other local favorites such as Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens and Earl Campbell. These guys filled the seats regardless of what their team's record was.

A: 1 - Gary Kubiak
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was Kenny (Snake) Stabler's Snake Oil Cola. I have 6 open and two unopen cans in my dads attic. One of the unopened ones is printed upside down. I always thought that might make it more valuable one day.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
pv1999
Veteran

I know it was Stabler. My point was that it didn't matter who was on the can, if it was columbia blue and red, it was cool.
Old 03-22-2007   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know it was Stabler. My point was that it didn't matter who was on the can, if it was columbia blue and red, it was cool.
I wholeheartedly agree with that.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with that.
And then some. I have the vinyl they put out with all of the songs in 79 I guess. "Big Earl' was my fav. Need to pull that bad boy out again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read