Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-22-2007   #1
Janus3
Veteran

Default Question about Reggie Nelson and the Draft

first off, obviously i'm a huge reggie nelson fan. i'd take him at 10 if the texans had to. my question is:

a) how far down do you think the texans can go if they trade down and still be able to get nelson?

b) who would be willing to trade up what would likely be the package. if peterson falls to 8, i'm sure he'll fall to 10, falcons are almost certainly getting landry and i doubt the dolphins take him (only way he's gone is if someone trades up)?

c) assuming the texans stay at 10, do you think they take nelson or brown or other (please specify)

ideally i'd love for the texans to trade down and acquire more picks and regain some more picks from the schaub trade. (which i love btw)
Old 03-22-2007   #2
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question about Reggie Nelson and the Draft

Now, who knows!? This organization when it comes drafting makes my head ache! This year is no exception. I was hoping they would stay put & not get cute.........oh well! I still think they gave up too much on this trade, & for an organization who seem to be charitable to other franchises. I guess Smith thinks that there are plenty of "off-the-street talents waitin to be pluck. Anyway, I hope to be proven wrong & that Matt S. will be a great QB for this team, or else we will see a new coach/GM in the near future!
Old 03-22-2007   #3
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Well obcourse i think it actually puts us into a better situation than before. I say this because...
10. Houston Texans
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. Buffalo Bills
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Green Bay Packers

Now you look and see Buffalo at 12 wants a RB real bad and if Peterson is there it could cost them
10 = 1300

12 = 1200
108= 80
140= 39

then the Panthers rb situation is starting not to look too good.
10 = 1300

14 = 1100
78 = 205

then there is the Packers who we know has knowone really all that good
10 = 1300

16= 1000
48= 430

if not xtra compensation
144= 38

so i believe this actually puts houston in a better trade down scenario for if Peterson falls not to mention if someone else falls
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The falcons will end up at #1. They are positioning themsevles for a trade up. They are basicly trading their backup QB for CJ. They really want him, and I don't blame them. The good news is that Oak probally won't go S again this year.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
The falcons will end up at #1. They are positioning themsevles for a trade up. They are basicly trading their backup QB for CJ. They really want him, and I don't blame them. The good news is that Oak probally won't go S again this year.
i doubt they'd do all that for a receiver.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054 View Post
Well obcourse i think it actually puts us into a better situation than before. I say this because...
10. Houston Texans
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. Buffalo Bills
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Green Bay Packers

Now you look and see Buffalo at 12 wants a RB real bad and if Peterson is there it could cost them
10 = 1300

12 = 1200
108= 80
140= 39

then the Panthers rb situation is starting not to look too good.
10 = 1300

14 = 1100
78 = 205

then there is the Packers who we know has knowone really all that good
10 = 1300

16= 1000
48= 430

if not xtra compensation
144= 38

so i believe this actually puts houston in a better trade down scenario for if Peterson falls not to mention if someone else falls

The Panthers took Deangelo Williams last year. I cannot imagine they would spend another first on a RB. GB and Buff though DO need a back and either AD or Marshawn might entice them to move up and surrender some picks.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Atlanta has a better chance of getting Moss than they do CJ. Don't forget they have 2 previous first round receivers and Joe Horn. Horn's presence will benefit the other young receivers. Bottom line, CJ will not be a Falcon.
Old 03-22-2007   #8
LohaJat112
Rookie

hey janus, if we were to trade down and still take reggie, which im definitely in favor of, its gotta be before jax selects. huge gator fan, so i read up a lot, and delrio and company are smitten with reggie and will take him if he is there. if peterson is there at 10, i want him. otherwise, reggie or levi or landry.
Old 03-22-2007   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3 View Post
first off, obviously i'm a huge reggie nelson fan. i'd take him at 10 if the texans had to. my question is:

a) how far down do you think the texans can go if they trade down and still be able to get nelson?
reggie nelson is going to be a good FS in this league...he's not gonna knock people out like he did against georgia but he'll be around the ball if the team that gets him uses him right

as for your question A...i don't think we could trade down past jacksonville and expect him to be there...jacksonville needs a FS after deon grant left
Old 03-23-2007   #10
Janus3
Veteran

thanks for the info guys.
Old 03-23-2007   #11
Gamehorn25
Veteran

I would love for us to trade down some and pick up Reggie Nelson

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read