Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: like or dislike Schaub trade
Yes 89 66.92%
No 44 33.08%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2007   #1
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Schaub trade like or dislike ?

simple poll on what everyone thinks of the Schaub trade and why they may like or dislike this move
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub trade like or dislike ?

"Tommy likey...tommy want wingy"
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes.

He was the best available alternative to Carr.

I am a Carr fan but he seemed to lose the faith of the team which is enough for me to say goodbye, have a nice career with the Raiders. Hope to beat you in the playoffs sometime.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

No I don't like the trade (conditionally). We paid to much with 2 2nd round picks going to Atlanta. Unless we can pick up a 2nd round for Carr this year and next, but I do not believe Carr will bring this type of offer. IMHO.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yes i like it, or yes i dislike it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
yes i like it, or yes i dislike it
I would have to answer yes to that question.
Old 03-22-2007   #7
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

He is better than Jesus Rosenfelds. If we would have already moved Carr, I would say that the trade was a good thing. It is not a good thing for giving up two #2 picks. That's too steep a price to pay for a three year backup.
Old 03-22-2007   #8
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45144 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have preferred to play Carr or Rosenfels for another year and draft and groom our own QB.

Before you reply that Schaub has three years experience and would be better than drafting an unproven rookie....Schaub has proven nothing yet, and Carr and Rosenfels also have NFL experience.

Without doing the research I would imagine there have been more failures than success stories when trading for someone else's backup QB.

We paid too much.

The Texans are still my team and I will support Schaub as staunchly as I have been supporting Carr.

Carr and the Texans will both be better off now. But the fact remains that Carr never had a chance to succeed here. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

Wonder who will be the first here to display a fire Schaub avatar?

Now that would make for a good thread.

Here's to Schaub making the pro bowl next year.

Old 03-22-2007   #9
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. We needed a change of QB and Carr needed a change of scenery.

As far as the draft picks goes...I have a feeling we'll be trading down further in the first and recouping picks in the process. there's a lot of time left before the second round of the NFL draft.
Old 03-22-2007   #10
real

Love it.
Old 03-22-2007   #11
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I love this trade. I still think that if Carr can get his head together he may do well, but not in Houston.

I welcome Matt Schaub with open arms.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
tbell ncsu
Rookie

i got to see a ton of matt schaub while he played at virginia. statistically, schaub was their version of philip rivers. he's accurate, heady, and has good size. i would've loved for him to land with the panthers, but i am happy for him anyways.
tbell ncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Carr will excel wherever he goes, and I understand the bad blood between Carr and Houston. However, unless they find a way to recoup the picks they gave up for Schaub, I think this was a bad deal. The major areas that need to be improved are offensive line, defensive line, and defensive secondary. This doesn't fix any of those, but we just took away a couple of chances to fix those problems.
Old 03-22-2007   #14
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Need another button - I don't know yet.

I'm waffling on this one. Just haven't made up my mind.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #15
ROCKY
Rookie

This is a bold move that had to be made. The fans screamed to get rid of carr, and what else could the FO do? Draft another pretty boy first rounder that we cant afford, who will immediately be compared to david? Trade for the rights to a retired player?

This was the best QB prospect available, the fans wanted a new QB, Rick Smith made the deal. And it was steep but I beleive it will work.

THE ERA OF MATTITUDE HAS ARRIVED!!

Old 03-22-2007   #16
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

They could have just drafted Vince Young, but that probably made too much sense...
Old 03-22-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ecstatic over it.
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

I said yes with a Astrix. If they trade Carr and try hard to get at lease a 3rd round pick and than trade down and get some extra picks fingers cross maybe a 2nd in the trade down than yes it would be a homerun. Boy these guys are really showing that they are trying to get this team to were it should be by now. Do not underestimate Kubes and Smith.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #19
My Hero
Veteran

I voted NO!

Listining to the commentary about this trade,people are saying why?
He's less mobile than Carr, you don't even know what he's capable of. He's too unknown. No wins, 6 TD's and 6 int's.

I said it before however, that I will bow to the decisions made by the FO and coaching and I'm a man of my word. Welcome to Houston Matt Schaub.
Old 03-22-2007   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I don't like it!!!! Schaub might be good, but the price is too high at first glance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read