Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: You like Schaub over Carr?
Yes 71 75.53%
No 23 24.47%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2007   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You like Schaub over Carr?

Yay or nay...simple.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: You like Schaub over Carr?

undecided
Old 03-22-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe
Old 03-22-2007   #4
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

TIme will tell...
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
texans83
All Pro

im still kinda scared
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I like it because Kubiak/Smith decided it was best for the franchise.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say yes, but I don't know how much better he is.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
canadiantexan
Veteran

I'll tell you in December.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
They decided Carr was better for the franchise last season and passed up 3 potentially great QBs. However I do feel a little better about this decision.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

interesting, guys
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Still undecided.

I think at worst he will be at least as good as Carr. Problem is with what was given up to get him (those two 2nd round picks) he needs to be considerably better.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
My Hero
Veteran

I voted NO!

Listining to the commentary about this trade,people are saying why?
He's less mobile than Carr, you don't even know what he's capable of. He's too unknown. No wins, 6 TD's and 6 int's.

I said it before however, that I will bow to the decisions made by the FO and coaching and I'm a man of my word. Welcome to Houston Matt Schaub.
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Pip
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero View Post
I voted NO!

Listining to the commentary about this trade,people are saying why?
He's less mobile than Carr, you don't even know what he's capable of. He's too unknown. No wins, 6 TD's and 6 int's.

I said it before however, that I will bow to the decisions made by the FO and coaching and I'm a man of my word. Welcome to Houston Matt Schaub.
I have seen him play twice and I thought he was very mobile. I looked up the game in 2005 against the vikings (where I first became impressed by him) and he had 4 carries for 56 yards. The guy can run--he may not be michael vick, but he sure isn't drew bledsoe either.

As for the original question, I would take Schaub over at least 1/3 of the current starting QBs in the NFL.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #14
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Removing the picks we gave up, removing the salary questions I have related to the cap... and purely on which guy i would feel most comfortable with in getting this team to win right now... I say Schaub. We have seen Carr, we know what we will get.

Time will tell about the picks and salary, but I am excited for the organization to move on from the expansion mentality days.
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Straight up: yes.

We know what we have in Carr. While there is uncertaintly with Shaub, we know he has some intangibles that we've never seen from a Texans QB. Those alone make him an upgrade, IMO.
Old 03-22-2007   #16
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I'm happy for Carr that he can finally get out of Houston. It will be better for everyone. Change, in this case, is very good for everyone.

I think Schaub could play better than Carr has here, but that ain't saying much.
Old 03-22-2007   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
You must still have some Casserly/Capers Kool aid.
I still can't decide if I like it or not.
Old 03-22-2007   #18
VICKTMS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I'm happy for Carr that he can finally get out of Houston. It will be better for everyone. Change, in this case, is very good for everyone.

I think Schaub could play better than Carr has here, but that ain't saying much.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OOOOHHHHH SNAP!!!! I think Schaub is good but DAMN!!!! Thank you guys for the picks and the swap! We are going to make some serious additions to our roster with those...maybe even CALVIN JOHNSON!!!! I can't believe you gave up all that and then paid that guy....(6tds and 6ints 81 out of 161 passes) that kinda money!!! He is just like CARR but slower...weak arm too, so don't expect to be stretching the field with AJohnson. We(the Falcons) and our new additions(Calvin, Landry, Levi, Nelson, Bush..who knows) will see you next yr. for the beating of your life!!!

ATLANTA 34 TEXANS 13
VICKTMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #19
TheRealX9
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TheRealX9

as a back up for carr? hell yeah!
Old 03-22-2007   #20
bigTEXan8
All Pro

there isn't enough evidence to say that schaub is better than carr. the only thing schaub has over carr is not having the krap kicked out of him for the past 5 years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read