Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ should be verry happy.

I have a feeling that Andre is happy. He probably feels like he just dropped his ugly girlfriend and is gonna hook up with beyonce. I'm not saying that Shaub is the next steve young but even if he is the next Mark Brunell (10 years ago) Aj number's should be much better. And his numbers are good now with carr. So the sky's the limit!!
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ should be verry happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I have a feeling that Andre is happy. He probably feels like he just dropped his ugly girlfriend and is gonna hook up with beyonce. I'm not saying that Shaub is the next steve young but even if he is the next Mark Brunell (10 years ago) Aj number's should be much better. And his numbers are good now with carr. So the sky's the limit!!
good point...i bet he's glad he signed that extension and all...or maybe that's the reason he did. Hopefully he'll go to many more pro bowls....and Schaub will be throwing to him! (in hawaii too.)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Andre's numbers will only be impressive if they say...

2007: Team Record 10-6, First playoff appearance
Old 03-21-2007   #4
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
good point...i bet he's glad he signed that extension and all...or maybe that's the reason he did. Hopefully he'll go to many more pro bowls....and Schaub will be throwing to him! (in hawaii too.)
Yep...thought the same thing.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Acctually, its possible AJ's numbers, esspecially his catches, wont improve, since Carr only seemed to be aware of AJ being on the field and no other receiver. Anway, we will hopefully see a more balanced offense with some explosive plays and points on the board.
Old 03-22-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Acctually, its possible AJ's numbers, esspecially his catches, wont improve, since Carr only seemed to be aware of AJ being on the field and no other receiver. Anway, we will hopefully see a more balanced offense with some explosive plays and points on the board.
true, i think AJ would give up some catches if it meant more W's..!!!
Old 03-22-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This might be why he restructured/extended his contract.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

if I were AJ I would be more then happy to give up some catchs for more td's and wins, but we will see I guess
Old 03-22-2007   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe he'll get him a pass over 10 yards now
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
hahaha
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Tayton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Maybe he'll catch it?
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

with everything in place now...i personally have a lot of faith in walter as the number 2 guy...andre should have a career year next year baring any injury problems...let's hope this translates to him leading the league in touchown receptions
Old 03-22-2007   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe I saw somewhere that his (Schaub) average per completion is over 10 yds.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #14
coachdent
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 coachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVPcoachdent was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to coachdent

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
with everything in place now...i personally have a lot of faith in walter as the number 2 guy...andre should have a career year next year baring any injury problems...let's hope this translates to him leading the league in touchown receptions
I do not.
Walter is a third down receiver. We need a better #2.
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachdent View Post
I do not.
Walter is a third down receiver. We need a better #2.
Now we just need Jarret or Ginn Jr at #10.
Unless the scouts see a legit starter in the later rounds ala Coleson (N.O.)

<still scatching head over Moulds>
Old 03-22-2007   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr had a much stronger arm that Schaub. True, he couldn't complete any passes 20 yards out, and had no touch, but the potential for the deep ball was probably still greater with Carr.

AJ will beocme a true WCO WR now, whether thats good or not is still up for debate
Old 03-22-2007   #17
Schaub_to AJ_YES!
Rookie

AJ is ecstatic!!!!

Now we will see what he can really do.
Schaub_to AJ_YES! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Jimpster
Rookie

Until the Texans pick up a legit #2 receiver to take the double team off AJ, it may not matter who is at QB. Just wondering, do you think the Texans were a little hasty to let Moulds go?

A: 1 - Gary Kubiak
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #19
SESupergenius

Andre johnson probably won't get more yards but will get more TD's, if Schaub and the O-line pan out.

All of the excuses are gone now. It's all up to the O-line now, finally.
Old 03-22-2007   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Now he can drop passes from Schaub!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read