Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2004   #81
willy
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to willy

I think that the Jaguars and the NFL in general still thinks about Houston's D like a "average" defense ans they are not giveing it the credit that it deserve. Leftwitch gonna be intercepted 2 times at least, and David and Andre gonna have a great game.

Texans 30
Jaguars 14
Old 10-29-2004   #82
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh...notwithstanding the great 4-INT performance against the Tacks, I WISH this defense were "average," at least in terms of stats. Then again, if you look at the total defense stats for the league right now, some of the very best defenses are on the very worst teams:

Washington #1
Tampa Bay #3
Miami #4
Buffalo #5

The Texans D would be in much better shape if it could knock down that awful 3rd-down conversion percentage. We're 32nd in the league there. Some consolation: the Jag-Wires are 30th and the Nags are 31st.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #83
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
The Texans D would be in much better shape if it could knock down that awful 3rd-down conversion percentage. We're 32nd in the league there. Some consolation: the Jag-Wires are 30th and the Nags are 31st.
This is one of those times that the raw overall stat doesn't adequately reflect the recent team performance. We got torched on 3rd downs the 1st two games so we have been digging out of a hole for the full season stats. But looking more recently--Oakland 38% (right at middle of the league), Minnesota 54% (but then again they have torched everyone for 50+%) and Titans 31% (well above average). Basically they are moving in the right direction.
Old 10-29-2004   #84
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #85
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcK4
The Cowboys used to be called Dallas Texans....
No I don't,But I did know that the Kansas City Chiefs used to be called the Dallas Texans....
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #86
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
LMFAO................
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #87
Low Life
Rookie

Default Yeah

thank you Texas Heat. I was about to make that point.
Low Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2004   #88
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags got 6 sacks against KC should have been 7, and 1 against the Colts should have been 2. With 16 sacks already this season Carr is in route to get sacked 3 times Sunday? :hehe:
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #89
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

I love how you all say we beat up on the Colts because their defense sucks. You guys are what, 27th in defense yourselves?

Jags 28
Texicans 21
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #90
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
This is one of those times that the raw overall stat doesn't adequately reflect the recent team performance. We got torched on 3rd downs the 1st two games so we have been digging out of a hole for the full season stats. But looking more recently--Oakland 38% (right at middle of the league), Minnesota 54% (but then again they have torched everyone for 50+%) and Titans 31% (well above average). Basically they are moving in the right direction.
Who cares? By that logic, the Jags offense has been digging out of a whole from the first three games. Over the last 4 games I bet our offense is top 5 in the league.
Old 10-29-2004   #91
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
Who cares? By that logic, the Jags offense has been digging out of a whole from the first three games. Over the last 4 games I bet our offense is top 5 in the league.

Any bone head can see we got the more high powered offense and with D. Davis finally healthy for the first time in 3 weeks yall had better watch out !!! And dont even bring up stats to me cause we all know they dont mean sh** !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #92
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

I'm glad Davis is playing. What defense doesn't like to recover a few fumbles?
Old 10-30-2004   #93
Rosusu
All Pro

My first official prediction of the season...

Texans 35
Jags 28

Doube D comes back big after the injury with 2tds and AJ, Gaff, and Armstrong all have a big day. Maybe I will throw in a defensive td too.
Old 10-30-2004   #94
Jagrams
Rookie

Wink

Jaguars 23
Texans 20

It may turn out to be a shootout in Houston, but I have a feeling it will be a headbanger. Our two teams will be aiming to win this one because of the implications so I see a close finish.

Isn't it great to have two young teams on the rise in the AFC South?

Here's to a great game.
Jagrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #95
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfanincanada
I love how you all say we beat up on the Colts because their defense sucks. You guys are what, 27th in defense yourselves?

Jags 28
Texicans 21
lol you're from canada
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #96
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
lol you're from canada
???? Texan fans in Canada too. Is that funny to you also??

I think it's really nice myself.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #97
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

35-27 Jags
Jimmy Smith 2 TD's 125 yards
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #98
texansfan88
All Pro

no no no, hes said jags something and TEXICANS some score

if he wants to crack jokes, i'll point something out to him
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #99
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well here is one way to look at it.

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.

Above you is Tennessee and Oakland.. 2 teams we have beaten. Below you is Detroit and San Diego.. the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

Also below you is Minnesota.. who beat us on the strength of their offense.. but just barely.

you have a great run defense.. but at this point our running game only has to be good enough to make you consider it.. not be dominant. And it is good enough to do that.

So.. if you think about it. We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs (you are 15th, they are 1st and 5th) And we have played two passing defenses above yours, and won.

SO.. looking at it from a statistical standpoint.. we have you beat on both offense and defense.

Now.. to be fair, lets look at it from your standpoint.

You have played against one passing offense better than ours, Indi, and won. You have also played alot of rushing offenses better than ours, KC, SD, Ten, Indi, and Denver (btw, did you know we have a higher ranked rushing offense than you? we average more yards per game and have 5 tds to your 4)

these teams have a better passing defense than us: KC, Tennessee, Denver, and Buffalo. and EVERY team you played had a better rushing defense than us.

So then.. statistically you could say that we have the worst defense you have come up against.. and are about average as offenses you have played goes.

Here is the kicker though.

We have the "worst" rushing defense.. yet we shut down tennessee who has a rushing offense far bette than yours. we have the worse passing defense.. yet 2 of the teams we beat have a higher passing offense than yours.

SO.. what can we deduce from all this?

stats dont mean ****.. and we are still going to win.

Ummm, that anything can happen? This is the NFL we all know and love.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004   #100
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTim5125
I seriously think the Texans are gonna kick the jaguars butts( i censored myself) I really think we are a better team.

Texans- 37
Jaguars-20
Well, yea! Your a Texans fan arn't ya? I think it is the norm to think your team has the better team...heh
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read