Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2004   #61
Lucky

Rep Power: 158395 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGATOR1
...I expect a low scoring affair. Both of these teams have been going down field quite often this year, so it would be no suprise to see both Del Rio and Capers scheme against that. No long TD's or huge chunks of yardage will be given up through the air.
The Jags have allowed opposing QBs to throw for 9 TDs & and 1114 yards the past 4 games. Over the same period, Leftwich has passed for 1273 yards with 6 TDs.

In the past 4 games, Carr has thrown for 1099 yards & 6 TDs. While the Texan defense has given up 1067 yards in the air plus 9 TDs .

I’m sure the 2 coaching staffs have “schemed” in previous weeks, as well. Each team’s defense has had their good & bad moments. Now I’m not going to say that the Texans and Jags will absolutely put up big time passing yards against each other. But, the statistics indicate that they should.
Old 10-27-2004   #62
DreamCatcher
Rookie

Texans 22
Jags 20
Close call
Old 10-27-2004   #63
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 23
Jags - 17

With :03 seconds left on the play clock David Carr up top for the win at the goal line. Storybook ending.

But seriously. I see Carr and Leftwich having 300 yard games, and 2 TD's each. Houstons D steps up at home and keeps Taylor out of the endzone. Kris Brown boots in 3 field goals. Josh "I wanna be like Vanderjagt" Scobee gets 1 field goal.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #64
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor gets a TD.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #65
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
Taylor gets a TD.
....and its called back on a holding call.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #66
MrLizardTX
Veteran

HOU 27
JAX 16
MrLizardTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004   #67
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I seriously think the Texans are gonna kick the jaguars butts( i censored myself) I really think we are a better team.

Texans- 37
Jaguars-20
Old 10-27-2004   #68
caveatemptor
Rookie

This is gonna be a really tough game for the Texans. One thing we're going to have to do is establish the run to be successful through the air which is the place we'll ultimately have to win. Our defense will have to step up big like they did against Tennesse, especially our run defense. I think the whole key to the game is getting ahead early and dictating the pace of the game. Byron Leftwich has proven that he's not a guy you want with the ball last if you're only up by one score. I think in the end, we will eke out a 24-14 game that will be closer contested than that scoreline suggests.
caveatemptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #69
Titanico

Jags 33

Texans 13

my
Old 10-28-2004   #70
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Texans 23
Jags - 17

With :03 seconds left on the play clock David Carr up top for the win at the goal line. Storybook ending.

But seriously. I see Carr and Leftwich having 300 yard games, and 2 TD's each. Houstons D steps up at home and keeps Taylor out of the endzone. Kris Brown boots in 3 field goals. Josh "I wanna be like Vanderjagt" Scobee gets 1 field goal.
too much Dr. Pepper makes someone say things like that???
Old 10-28-2004   #71
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
Jags 33

Texans 13

my
You are confused. You still cannot get over your loss to the Texans and your board has been abandoned. The Titanic has sunk.
Old 10-28-2004   #72
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Related Interesting Article

this should make us all feel better - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7833973

also important to keep a good sense of humor
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004   #73
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

27-24 Texans!
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #74
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Utilizing the reverse psychology approach,

Jaguars - 24

Texans - 21
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004   #75
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default Did You Know???

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickmantexanfan
Texans-38,jags-21
The Cowboys used to be called Dallas Texans....
Old 10-29-2004   #76
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Default What The *^%$!@**^$#@@

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Jags 23
Texans 20

Overtime
Your Fired!!!!
Old 10-29-2004   #77
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Default You Might Have It

When You See The Final Score....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
I predict that I am going to have a heart attack before the game even starts. I have never in all my life been worried about a game as much as I am this one. I predict that this is going to be an awesome game and I will leave it at that.
Old 10-29-2004   #78
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Default This Is Rediculous, Don't Read It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFJag
Hmmmm i go to say i believe i know where this game is going.
Jacksonville is ocming off of a HUGE victory. The players are extremely pumped at this point and ready to show the nation they are for real. The win at Indy proved that a win this week would catapult them to a possible dividion favortie. That coupled with the talent i see in this team make this a tough game to be "logical" about. I beliee Jacksonville will explode this week. I hate to say it (or you texan fans sake) but i think the win over Indy really got this Offense going. I hope i'm right, you hope i'm wrong.

My PIck
Jags-34
Taxans-17

now all of you can get mad at me and tell me i'm wonrg. But thats hwo i feel. I also knew they would win the Indy game this time last week, just a gut feeling.
This Guy Is A Bum!!!!
Old 10-29-2004   #79
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Default Damnnnnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Well here is one way to look at it.

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.

Above you is Tennessee and Oakland.. 2 teams we have beaten. Below you is Detroit and San Diego.. the first two teams we played and lost too, but honestly most texans fans arent counting those games since we were not "ourselves" at that time.

Also below you is Minnesota.. who beat us on the strength of their offense.. but just barely.

you have a great run defense.. but at this point our running game only has to be good enough to make you consider it.. not be dominant. And it is good enough to do that.

So.. if you think about it. We have played 2 of the best offenses in the game in Minnesota and KC... beating one and almost beating the other.. your offense is not close to theirs (you are 15th, they are 1st and 5th) And we have played two passing defenses above yours, and won.

SO.. looking at it from a statistical standpoint.. we have you beat on both offense and defense.

Now.. to be fair, lets look at it from your standpoint.

You have played against one passing offense better than ours, Indi, and won. You have also played alot of rushing offenses better than ours, KC, SD, Ten, Indi, and Denver (btw, did you know we have a higher ranked rushing offense than you? we average more yards per game and have 5 tds to your 4)

these teams have a better passing defense than us: KC, Tennessee, Denver, and Buffalo. and EVERY team you played had a better rushing defense than us.

So then.. statistically you could say that we have the worst defense you have come up against.. and are about average as offenses you have played goes.

Here is the kicker though.

We have the "worst" rushing defense.. yet we shut down tennessee who has a rushing offense far bette than yours. we have the worse passing defense.. yet 2 of the teams we beat have a higher passing offense than yours.

SO.. what can we deduce from all this?

stats dont mean ****.. and we are still going to win.
Check out the statistics major, go get em!!!!
Old 10-29-2004   #80
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Well here is one way to look at it.

our strength is our passing game.. and your passing defense is 22nd in the league.
Blah blah blah

We have the "worst" rushing defense... Blah blah blah
Hey dude our strength is our passing game as well, and you all are 26th against the pass, advantage Jags. Your rushing offense is 23rd in the league. What makes you think your offense will keep up with ours, when Payaton who has one of the best offenses in the league couldn't even do it last week with James, and KC couldn't do it the week before with Holmes? I hope you’re not trying to say that Houston has a better offense than KC and the Dolts.

Stats are not what make this game so worrisome, it's about a race to the top, a race in which we are leading mind you. In my mind the biggest threat to the Jags this week is the probability that the Texans will have the advantage motivation wise.

I think motivation in the parity reality of the NFL plays a huge role in being the ultimate pivotal point in a game. San Diego, Monday night... enough said. Motivation is going to play a huge role in this game. Jags are going to have a hard time matching the motivational intensity of the Texans coming off the high last week, and being on top of the division. 27-0 what better motivation is there than that, when going up against a team who is about as evenly matched but on top of the division.

Jags need to come out swinging, with a perspective that this team is going to be play hell to bring down. We can't go into this game, with we are the New Sheriff mentality, we have to go into it as a team who could easily be 0-7 with much more to prove.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read