Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2004   #21
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that Kris Brown will be a big part of this game. I predict he'll kick the game winning field goal once again. Texans have to make sure they don't have any turnovers and our defense has to stop people in 3rd down. We did a good job on defense against the Titans but this is a different team and I hope that we'll concentrate on this game and forget about the Titans game.

Texans-20
Kitty Kats- 17
Old 10-25-2004   #22
Evilzorac
Rookie

Hello I am new here. My perdiction
Jags 21
tinhorns 10

Sorry guys I think you have a good team but not quite there yet. But I do love some of your picks :hehe:
Evilzorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #23
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough one, but we will rise to the occasion.

Texans: 24
Jags: 21
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #24
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags 23
Texans 20

Overtime

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #25
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags- 21

Texans- 27

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #26
TsJagman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I dont predict but here is who has the advantages:
Secondary - Texans
Linebackers - Texans
D-Line - Jags

O-Line - Jags
WRs - Texans
RBs - Jags
QBs - Push

Kris Brown over Scoobey Doo
Stanley and Hanson - too tough to call - Push
Kick Returning - Jags

Gonna be a good game...
Although I will go along with everything else you have stated, have to point out that the WR's the Jags have are a bit better. I am gonna give the Jags the edge due to the fact we have 5 guys that Lefty can throw it to at any time, and this is not including the Jags, so far, not so great 1st round pick. I did group our TE's together, so it would be TE/WR's.

Everything else, right on the money. There is a slight edge on LB's, the reason I give you guys the edge, you employ more on the field at one time. Not a huge edge, but one none the less.
TsJagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #27
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Default Prediction

Houston 34 Jags 31
This will not be the one game to prove the Texans are contenders, they have well proven that already. They made the Viks run hard for their money...
El_DudeArino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2004   #28
Texas_Heat
Veteran

Texans 20 Jags 17
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #29
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsJagman
Although I will go along with everything else you have stated, have to point out that the WR's the Jags have are a bit better. I am gonna give the Jags the edge due to the fact we have 5 guys that Lefty can throw it to at any time, and this is not including the Jags, so far, not so great 1st round pick. I did group our TE's together, so it would be TE/WR's.

Everything else, right on the money. There is a slight edge on LB's, the reason I give you guys the edge, you employ more on the field at one time. Not a huge edge, but one none the less.
Carr has four guys he can throw it to and as of right now:

Andre Johnson > Jimmy Smith
Jabar Gaffney > Reggie Williams
Corey Bradford > Troy Edwards
Derick Armstrong > Earnest Wilford
Billy Miller < Kyle Brady

I really dont see how you can think that Leftwitch has a better WR corps than Carr.

On the LBs crew, I gave the edge to the Texans because of Jamie Sharper.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #30
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Carr has four guys he can throw it to and as of right now:

Andre Johnson > Jimmy Smith
Jabar Gaffney > Reggie Williams
Corey Bradford > Troy Edwards
Derick Armstrong > Earnest Wilford
Billy Miller < Kyle Brady

I really dont see how you can think that Leftwitch has a better WR corps than Carr.

On the LBs crew, I gave the edge to the Texans because of Jamie Sharper.
You guys might not think so but I would have to give Andre and Jimmy a push. Jimmy is really fast and knows the game really well and Andre looks like a top 15 reciever already. Plus with the Jaime Sharper Comment the Jags have Mike Peterson who is 3rd in the league but if you havent had your bye it would be about equal. Plus in a 3-4 your linebackers get more tackles than they would in a 4-3.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if comparing the WRs against each other makes sense. But comparing the Texan WRs to the Jags CBs does.

Andre Johnson > Rashean Mathis
Jabar Gaffney > Dewayne Washington
Corey Bradford > Juran Bolden
Derick Armstrong > Kiwaukee Thomas

These are the matchups that favor the Texans the most. Look back to the Texan/Jag game last year at Reliant, and it was the Texans spreading the field with 3 WRs that allowed Carr to start out 7-8 for 80 yards in the 1st 2 series. Fumble problems by the RBs (sound familiar?) let the Jags back in that game, but they showed their vulnerability to multiple WR sets.

And they're still vulnerable as the Indy game attests. Indy passed at will in the spread set, it was the Jag offense that stopped the Colts offense by staging long drives all day long. Call me mental, but I think the Texans will do a better job than the Colts in getting Leftwich, Taylor, & Smith off the field. I also think Palmer remembers how Carr & the WRs jumped all over the Jags DBs last year.

Texans 27
Jags 20
Old 10-25-2004   #32
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict that I am going to have a heart attack before the game even starts. I have never in all my life been worried about a game as much as I am this one. I predict that this is going to be an awesome game and I will leave it at that.

Last edited by Jagsbch; 10-25-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #33
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorac
Hello I am new here. My perdiction
Jags 21
tinhorns 10

Sorry guys I think you have a good team but not quite there yet. But I do love some of your picks :hehe:

Ok its obvious you are new to our board ,,,RULES

1) Dont come on the Texans board and call us the Tinhorns

2) No way you beat us by even that much IF you do win, but you'll most likly lose at reliant you might have a better chance at your field.

3) Oh yeah my prediction (MY TEAMS BOARD REMIND YOU)

TEXANS 38
Jags 3

Hmmmm how was that ok ok i might have made it closer for you guys than it really will be but i dont want any suicidle thoughts so we'll just leave it at that !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #34
UCFJag
Rookie

Hmmmm i go to say i believe i know where this game is going.
Jacksonville is ocming off of a HUGE victory. The players are extremely pumped at this point and ready to show the nation they are for real. The win at Indy proved that a win this week would catapult them to a possible dividion favortie. That coupled with the talent i see in this team make this a tough game to be "logical" about. I beliee Jacksonville will explode this week. I hate to say it (or you texan fans sake) but i think the win over Indy really got this Offense going. I hope i'm right, you hope i'm wrong.

My PIck
Jags-34
Taxans-17

now all of you can get mad at me and tell me i'm wonrg. But thats hwo i feel. I also knew they would win the Indy game this time last week, just a gut feeling.
UCFJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #35
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

a gut feeling huh ??? Ya ever get those after a loss it hits ya right in tha gut !!!!!! Hope ur used to that man its not a good feeling (trust me),,,,but your offense did exploed against who ???? Oh yeah The colts i mean we know how good of a defense they have RIGHT hahahahaha ok ok sorry dont want to take anything away from your win but lets face it their D is hopeless ,,,they only win because of Manning and their offense ! Explode haha good one
Old 10-25-2004   #36
UCFJag
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
a gut feeling huh ??? Ya ever get those after a loss it hits ya right in tha gut !!!!!! Hope ur used to that man its not a good feeling (trust me),,,,but your offense did exploed against who ???? Oh yeah The colts i mean we know how good of a defense they have RIGHT hahahahaha ok ok sorry dont want to take anything away from your win but lets face it their D is hopeless ,,,they only win because of Manning and their offense ! Explode haha good one
WELL i dont wanna pick a fight to start... however... i never said the jags offense exploded against Indy. What i saw was more of the same really, scoring points when they were needed to keep it close and pulling it off in the end. WHAT I DID SAY IS. I believe the jags will explode this week. That is against the Texans. I believe the Texans are a good football team, and that is no lie, i just believe that after a game such as the win IN Indianapolis this team will play hard and strong against a tough division opponent and do it well and win the game, convincingly.
Old 10-25-2004   #37
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

OK DID YOU NOT READ WHAT I SAID ???? the reason they looked so good on offense last week was because INDY HAS NOOOOOO DEFENSE !!!!!!!! you understand that hard concept ???? A mediocra offense goes against a terrible defense and they look GOOD common sense my friend. And our D is not near as bad as the colts so why would you explode against us when you didnt even explode against the colts terrible D ? A lil momentium for yall YES but bad colts defense this week NO,,,you got G. Walker , Robaire Smith, A. Glenn, Dunta Robinson, Jamie Sharper, etc and not to mention our MORE high powered offense than yours !
Old 10-25-2004   #38
UCFJag
Rookie

I dont believe you realize that the Jags had ample opportunity to score 40+ points in that game. There were several drives stalled in the red zone where jax did not get 7. add another 16 to that and they scored 40.
I think they figured a few things out against Indy in the run game, a few new plays came up in that game that pushed fred taylor for his first big game of the season. The addition to a now near healthy TE in Kyle Brady helped out a lot in that situation as well as passing game as Brady is cathcing clutch passes other TE's were missing. (i.e. the 2nd quarter TD) several balls have been dropped on 3rd downs and in end zone by TE's. Brady doesnt drop very many balls, and Taylor gets a bulk of his yards to the strong side of the field when Brady is healthy (historically, includidng yesterday). Byron also continues to grow, and in that comes confidence from the coaches, allowing him to do more each week. This team has opened up the offense a little more every week. Every week we score more points and look more impressive. I dont think this is a coinsidence and I dont think this will change this week, they will continue to grow, including in the house of your beloved Texans.
Old 10-25-2004   #39
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

wow taylor had a big game ??? hmmm does it have anything to do against the Colts Bad D ??? Can u even read man ? i know i watched the game and the colts held little resistance,,,all the things ur saying just backs my claim the reason yall had such a good game is because of their bad D !!!!
Old 10-25-2004   #40
longhornjag
Rookie

Here's what i don't understand. Why do some of you guys think your offense is going to put up such high numbers? Your offense isn't as good as the Colts and we held them TWICE to 24. In fact only San Diego, in a game played poorly by Jags D, has scored more points. I don't see either team in this game scoring over 24 if either team even reaches 20. You guys keep saying how both our defense and offense aren't all that great, but all that matters is they are good enough and have been 5 out the last 7 weeks. It will be a close game 7 point difference at most and I'll be there cheering my Jags on.
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read