Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2004   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Texan vs. Jag Prediction...

All out assault on defense and offense. The Texans finally prove to the league they are ready to make the jump and deal with the elite teams and games! Houston wins in their most dominating performance in franchise history!

Texans 38
Jaguars 3
Old 10-24-2004   #2
jags98
Veteran

Jags: 21
Texans: 17

It will be a close game and 2 young promising Qbs lead there teams.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #3
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
whew, man we might not have to watch the first 3 1/2 quarters. that byron is a comeback king. i dont like any young qb that is jumping out in front of carr stat wise win wise etc. so i dont like him but have to give him his props. he is the best young qb we will be facing so far this season. we might win 21-17,. our cbs will match up well with their recievers i think.
You will probably be able to cover all the Recievers but Jimmy. Not one team has really been able to shut down Jimmy and hes had Champ and Samari Rolle on him. Truley will be a close game.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

We play some smart D, D-Rob steps into his own and D-line gets some pressure on Leftwich.... give David some time, get a good running game, along with a few deep to AJ....

TEXANS 23
Jags 21

Gotta get the fans and players into it early.... get LOUD!!!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I dont predict but here is who has the advantages:
Secondary - Texans
Linebackers - Texans
D-Line - Jags

O-Line - Jags
WRs - Texans
RBs - Jags
QBs - Push

Kris Brown over Scoobey Doo
Stanley and Hanson - too tough to call - Push
Kick Returning - Jags

Gonna be a good game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #6
JaguarsFan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
EASY WIN!! WE absolutely clobber the freaking Jags. Texans win

Texans = 3
Jags = 0

Its gonna be BLOOOODYY!!!! I like it like that!

LMFAO...........
JaguarsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #7
phan1
All Pro

This will be one tough game. Coming from a Texans fan, I wouldn't say that we would be the favorite in this one. Jag's front 7 are playing fantastic, and I really don't think our Running game will be very much improved from the last game, even with DD coming back. As for our defense, we will really need to depend on them for this game. Our defense is going to have to play lights out come Sunday, because I'm not sure how far our offense is going to go in this one. Our offense has played very well, but this is the best D that we've faced all year.

Last edited by phan1; 10-24-2004 at 11:41 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Jag's front 7 are playing fantastic, and I really don't think our Running game will be very much improved from the last game, even with DD coming back.
Thats why I suggest using the pass to set up the run. For example, on the final drive against the Titans, Gaff caught a 20 yard seam route. Before he caught that, we were having trouble running between the tackles and after Wells started seeing more room. So I would try to hit Bruener or Miller on a seam early (Clark and Pollard killed the Jags on those) to open up the lanes for the running game...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANS 24 JAGS 21
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I don't like the Jags, never have never will.

Texans 24
Jaguars 13
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Texans 38
Jaguars 3

I wouldn't go anywhere near Vegas if I were you.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Jags 15
Texans 13
Old 10-25-2004   #13
Keldar
Veteran

Jaguars 27
Texans 13 eek:
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #14
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Damnit the Jags are looking like the Panthers of last season. Good defense and a maturing offense. Oiiii!! Got to put a stop to this shinanigans right here.
That's fine, remember last year when we beat the Panthers, at Reliant, on Battle Red Day? I'd be happy with a repeat of that.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
That's fine, remember last year when we beat the Panthers, at Reliant, on Battle Red Day? I'd be happy with a repeat of that.
Yeah....but that means that the Jags would go to their home turf for a Super Bowl appearance! eek:
Old 10-25-2004   #16
trutexan67
Rookie

I don't see the Jags secondary matching up with our receivers in this game. I think the Jags secondary is their achilles hill. Andre Johnson, will exploit them.
trutexan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #17
|The.Brand0n|
Rookie

Default Texans vs. Jags

I remember having the same feeling before the Raider game. I know the Jags D-Line is more dominant than Oakland's. But the Texans did 1000% better than I was expecting. I think the same thing happens here...

Texans 28
Jaguars 17

Jagaurs
Byron Leftwich: 18/28, 243 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT's.
Fred Taylor: 22 carries, 114 yds, 1 TD.
Jimmy Smith: 5 rec, 64 yds.

Texans
David Carr: 24/31, 292 yards, 3 TD's.
Domanick Davis: 16 carries, 57 yards, 1 TD.
Andre Johnson: 8 rec, 94 yards. 2 TD's.
|The.Brand0n| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #18
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Texans-38,jags-21
Old 10-25-2004   #19
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I think quick slashing routes by recievers and tight ends to punish Jaguar's dbacks will pay off in second half and open them up for a long ball or two. I would use Breuner and Matt Murphy and Andre repeatedly banging ahead. I think Hollings may pick up a few yards on end arounds and I would also hammer the dline with Full back slants. I do not expect Davis will be very successful but I do hope I'm wrong. Any way, I think we need to hit them hard and often and kick field goals any time we get close to their 40.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004   #20
Diehardtexan
Veteran

TEXANS 13
Jags 7
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read