Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
texansfan1974
Veteran

Default If history repeats itself

If you know about history it usally repeats itself. I can remember an unproven backup traded to the Packers from the Falcons some years back. He became what some say is one of greatest QBs ever. He goes by the name of BRETT FAVRE. This is a great move for the good guys cause if history does repeat itself they may have just aquired the next great thing in sports history.

Good luck to DC where ever he may go.
Old 03-21-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If history repeats itself

Let's all hope.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

yea if history repeats it self we could also have scott mitchell, farve is the exception not the rule, i wish schaub luck and hope he brings leadership and wins to the Texans, but lets be realistic he has played in 38 games and in the 2 games he started the Falcons lost both of them in his 3 year career, that and he has as many td's as he has int's, i guess all we can do is sit back and see if the Texans made a mistake or stole him from the Falcons, but what do i know i am just another Texans fan
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well let's hope this move puts the Titans and Texans atop the AFC South for a while. The Colts winning is getting old .... and the Jags ..... well no one likes them.
Old 03-22-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If history repeats itself...

2004: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Dunta Robinson CB
2007: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Leon Hall CB

lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #6
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

i wouldn't be suprised if the Texans traded down even further to grab more picks to lessen the blow of giving up two 2nd round picks
Old 03-22-2007   #7
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

No, I don't think he's Favre mk.2. I am thinking he's more like Carolina getting Delhomme, only a younger version with more upside. In fact I posted in the "monster" thread, there are a number of similarities between the Texans now and the Panthers going into the 2003 season. Not that I have the lofty expectations of a Super Bowl next year, but I can dream...
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2007   #8
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi View Post
No, I don't think he's Favre mk.2. I am thinking he's more like Carolina getting Delhomme, only a younger version with more upside. In fact I posted in the "monster" thread, there are a number of similarities between the Texans now and the Panthers going into the 2003 season. Not that I have the lofty expectations of a Super Bowl next year, but I can dream...
There are a lot of these types of situations... Brunell from Packers to Jacksonville, Rob Johnson from Jacksonville to Buffalo, Hasselbeck from GB to Seattle, AJ Feely...

The nuts of it is, the team as a whole still needs to be developed around these guys. Two seconds might be too steep, might be a bargain, might be about right... everyone on the board thinks they could have gotten a better deal or not dealt... and those people would likely have the same team on the field next year.

I am in favor of a new qb this year, but you could very easily be saying Carr to wherever is similar to Delhomme, Plunkett, whatever... History repeats itself, and I for one would rather make history than repeat it.

I live with the consequences down the road for a chance to utilize the team's biggest weapon.... a Mr. Andre Johnson.
Old 03-22-2007   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

whats done is done....if we trade down again we probably won't get a starter out of this draft

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
mikey21
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
whats done is done....if we trade down again we probably won't get a starter out of this draft
the Texans can still get a starter if they trade down to maybe the mid first round and grab more picks, this is a team with alot of holes and in need of alot of talent
Old 03-22-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey21 View Post
the Texans can still get a starter if they trade down to maybe the mid first round and grab more picks, this is a team with alot of holes and in need of alot of talent
agreed, our first round pick will definitly be a starter. i'd be willing to say if we traded down and got a 2nd out of it...the 2nd would be a starter too.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #12
mikey21
Lifer

yea if the Texans do trade down and grab a 2nd round pick he could start or very well be a decent backup
Old 03-22-2007   #13
Master Po
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
If history repeats itself...

2004: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Dunta Robinson CB
2007: #10 pick overall ...Houston selects...Leon Hall CB

lol

This is what I am hoping for. Very, very much so. I could elaborate for quite some time, but fighting a cold + too much Jager = scolding one's self on the way to the fart sack.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #14
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974 View Post
If you know about history it usally repeats itself. I can remember an unproven backup traded to the Packers from the Falcons some years back. He became what some say is one of greatest QBs ever. He goes by the name of BRETT FAVRE. This is a great move for the good guys cause if history does repeat itself they may have just aquired the next great thing in sports history.

Good luck to DC where ever he may go.
I hope this dream comes true.....

And I hope David has some success where ever he may end up at.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read