Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007   #1
wee_man082008
Rookie

Wink Carr Trade Discussion

I have two questions........I believe the Raiders are after Carr. The question is, what is he worth? Moss could be in the discussion because the Raiders were willing to give him up for a 4th rounder. Thats a possible option but I dont want Moss because of his attitued but thats just me. My personal opinion is that we try to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Carr since we gave away so many draft picks for Schaub. What do you think? My second question is would Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson be a good choice at #10? Because now the Falcons will get LaRon Landry.
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: Whats Carr Worth???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_man082008 View Post
My second question is would Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson be a good choice at #10? Because now the Falcons will get LaRon Landry.
IMO, we should now go after Nelson with the 10th pick. He can be in the situation that Whitner & Dunta were in a whil e back. Carr to the Raiders is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I want Moss here. If he can get his act together, then I have no problem, but IMO he is a underachiever, & he needs to get his act together.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-21-2007   #3
Zagen30
Rookie

I'd like for us to get a 3rd round pick (I don't see anyone dumb enough to give up a 2nd, except maybe Matt Millen), but I fear that, with Schaub now in town, the most we can at this point get is a box of Twinkies and a 6-pack of Diet Coke. And I'll take even that.
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

A.J. Feeley got a 2nd rounder.

So, id say a 3rd rounder is "par for the course"..and that a 2nd rounder should not be out of the question.
Old 03-21-2007   #5
TXurias
Rookie

I don't think LaRon will be there at #10 but if he is it will be a blessing for us.
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Zagen30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
A.J. Feeley got a 2nd rounder.

So, id say a 3rd rounder is "par for the course"..and that a 2nd rounder should not be out of the question.
Except for the fact that Feeley had played very little (7 games, 5 started according to here: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235056), kind of like Schaub, while Carr has started almost all of 5 years, and has not looked remotely good the past 2. It's not all his fault, especially 2005, but after last year, especially the last 10 games, I can't see any team saying "Wow, he's performed well enough, has enough potential, and is confident enough in the pocket to be worth a first day pick."
Old 03-21-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oakland looks like they are the top team to take carr.

I think 2nd is out of the question...3rd may even be too high but i dont know

who has the advantage? we need to get rid of Carr because of Contract and Schaub is hands down our starter...carr will not be our backup $$$$ and sage is good. Oakland probably wants carr so they can draft the best player in the draft in calvin johnson...

I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a deal worked out contingent on our deal with atlanta. or at least one near completion....

I would like to see a better pick next year than one this year. Maybe we ask oakland for their 2nd round pick next season. that helps us because of the one we already traded. Oakland has a superb defense and will be better next season imo...Porter,Moss?, Johnson! Carr >walter and brooks. defense is #3 overall....lamont jordan and didn't they get another FA OT??

they aren't going to have the #1 pick in the 2nd next year i wouldn't think maybe 10-20...(i might just be crazy but it'd at least be close to ours next year i would think)

I like that trade a lot better. David Carr for Oaklands 2008 2nd rounder.

then our Schaub trade would essentially be 2007 2nd round pick and move down 2 spots. that'd be a heck of a deal.

If we had the 12th pick in the draft next year (speculation) and oakland ended up having like the 13th...or at least close whereever we end up then..itd be awesome!!

oakland gets david carr! houston gets oaklands 2008 2nd rd pick!!! i hope
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be extremely happy with a fourth.

The Highwaymen
Old 03-21-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_man082008 View Post
I have two questions........I believe the Raiders are after Carr. The question is, what is he worth? Moss could be in the discussion because the Raiders were willing to give him up for a 4th rounder. Thats a possible option but I dont want Moss because of his attitued but thats just me. My personal opinion is that we try to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Carr since we gave away so many draft picks for Schaub. What do you think? My second question is would Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson be a good choice at #10? Because now the Falcons will get LaRon Landry.
Where did you hear Da Raiders would take a 4th for Moss? Every team in the league would've jumped on that. From everything I've heard, Davis wanted comperable value for what he gave for Moss-1st rounder...
I ws big on a str8 up trade Carr for Moss, maybe even sweeten the deal with an extra draft pick.
Old 03-21-2007   #10
MrLizardTX
Veteran

What would you do if some team offered a 3rd for Rosenfels or a 4th for Carr?
Old 03-21-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you are going to be really disappointed when Carr is released.

If he didn't have that fat contract that McNair gave him, there might be a market for him.

All I can say is . . . prepare yourselves.
Old 03-21-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLizardTX View Post
hmm good question. i'd probably ask for next years 3rd for carr. (his contract is too high for a back up) or just take the 4th.

Id then as for a 2nd next year for sage.

I'd then have van pelt as my back up to schaub w/ at best an extra 2nd and 3rd next season...lol
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Zagen30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLizardTX View Post
Good question. Sage is a tough one-the 3rd would be nice, and yet I want him on the team as the backup, as I don't think that there are any better backups currently available in free agency. For Carr, however, I think that's about the best we can get (hopefully it's a high 4th) and we have absolutely no use for him at this point.
Old 03-22-2007   #14
GoTexans
Rookie

i'd be more than happy if we got a third round pick for Carr.
Old 03-22-2007   #15
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

He'll fetch no more than a 4th, if that.... someone will play chicken with us on this one.

Harrington set the market with a 5th last year... no reason to think that Carr would fetch a third given that and the fact that Texans won't want to carry that salary into 2007.
Old 03-22-2007   #16
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

With that contract, no way he gets traded. Other teams know that the Texans will have to cut him. They could play hardball and stuff him at the end of the depth chart until some team bites.
Old 03-22-2007   #17
TexansCM
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 TexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVPTexansCM was voted MVP

I really hope the Texans have a deal in place for Carr to be traded. If not any hopes of a third are out the window after today, and a fourth would be lucky.
Old 03-22-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCM View Post
I really hope the Texans have a deal in place for Carr to be traded. If not any hopes of a third are out the window after today, and a fourth would be lucky.
exactly. trading for schaub and giving what we did would not be smart unless a deal was in place. we forced to get rid of carr and if no deal is in place...all the other teams are in the driver seat...and we just cost ourselves severely. shot ourselves in the foot.
Old 03-22-2007   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

in all honesty not speaking as a fan of the texans a fourth rounder would be a fair trade. speaking as a fan i think we would be lucky to get a 7th rounder the way david plays but i think there are still some people around the league that believe in david so it will be easy for us to get a 4th rounder.
Old 03-22-2007   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
exactly. trading for schaub and giving what we did would not be smart unless a deal was in place. we forced to get rid of carr and if no deal is in place...all the other teams are in the driver seat...and we just cost ourselves severely. shot ourselves in the foot.
Carr's contract was just as huge before the trade. His contract is the reason why he won't be traded. The trade today has no bearing on it.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read