Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Pasquarelli: Carr Has Cost Texans Dearly

Haven't even read it yet - just posted as the headliner of the NFL section.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2807456
Old 03-21-2007   #2
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Pasquarelli: Carr Has Cost Texans Dearly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

Typical hatchet job by Pasquarelli. The Texans cost themselves in this. Can't wait to see where Carr goes.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Typical hatchet job by Pasquarelli. The Texans cost themselves in this. Can't wait to see where Carr goes.
Both the Texans and Carr would benefit from a change.
For the haters: Texans win.
For the supporters: Carr wins.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

he hits the nail on the head. Today the Texans faced up to a massive blunder last year as we bring in Schaub.
Quote:
A quick accounting indicates that, beyond the time invested in attempting to elevate Carr to franchise quarterback status, the Texans have also paid him slightly more than $35 million. That's more than $7 million per season for an average of 4.4 victories in that stretch, or roughly $1.6 million per win.

Earlier this month, Texans owner Bob McNair was rated by Forbes Magazine as one of the 400 richest Americans, with a net worth of $1.5 billion. If McNair keeps making such lousy investments, he's going to fall out of that elite group and into the poor house.

McNair, though, is essentially the lone remaining member of the braintrust that opted to choose Carr with the top pick in the 2002 draft and then, rather dubiously, to compound the rather dubious decision by paying him the $8 million "buyback" bonus last spring. General manager Charlie Casserly is gone. Ditto head coach Dom Capers and offensive coordinator Chris Palmer.

Known for his prowess in developing quarterbacks, Kubiak didn't hand pick Carr to be his guy, but rather inherited him when he succeeded Capers a year ago. Translation: Because he wasn't responsible for the selection, there was no inherent loyalty to the veteran quarterback.

No matter how many good things Kubiak said about Carr, the words were always going to ring hollow because the new coach could never be held culpable for an expensive decision gone bad.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Well put.
All parties need, and apparently have gotten a change of scenery.
I suppose the Carr-haters will now instantly become Schaubs biggest fans.
And Carrs fans will instantly become Schaub-haters.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

sounds like an "I told you so" about picking up the option last year and jumping ship a year later. i was willing to give kubes ONE YEAR to at least get carr to show that he can just be an average Qb in the NFL. but, fo what ever reason, carr seemed to regress with the best circumstances he has ever had to succeed. that is why it felt, to me, that it was time to move on.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't wait to see where Carr goes.
Don't care where he goes, as long as he goes.
Hopefully you'll go with him. He'll be a backup QB from this day forth. Get used to it.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
You're david carr and i claim my $5.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I always been curious about something.

If Hulk75 is supposed to be his brother Darren, WTF is QB75?

Father, maybe? Not Melody, I hope.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting article. That we are giving up two second round picks makes me wonder how bad the FO wants to move Carr. With all the holes we have to fill, those picks are valuable to this team. Obviously, they did not value them as much as getting another QB to take over.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I always been curious about something.

If Hulk75 is supposed to be his brother Darren, WTF is QB75?

Father, maybe? Not Melody, I hope.
they claim to have no affiliation....in other news, they also claimed the sky was purple

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look away from the man behind the curtain.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Well put, Im going to follow Carr where he ends up regardless. He was the face of the first NFL franchise I followed religiously so naturally I hate to see him go, but its in the best interest of both parties.
Old 03-21-2007   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok. I'm late getting into this whole trade. I don't know quite yet how I feel. I love the draft more than anything so I'm a bit upset.

I do have one question:

Did we actually get rid of Carr through a trade or by cutting him, or is he still on our roster for a potential trade?
Old 03-21-2007   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Ok. I'm late getting into this whole trade. I don't know quite yet how I feel. I love the draft more than anything so I'm a bit upset.

I do have one question:

Did we actually get rid of Carr through a trade or by cutting him, or is he still on our roster for a potential trade?
still here as of now, but you have to figure he's gone soon

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #16
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

[quote=Tulip;634223]Haven't even read it yet - just posted as the headliner of the NFL section.

I've said it once, I will say it a thousand times, would be more inclined to trust John McClain and his man crushes..then Pasquerelli (who picked Dallas Cowboys to win it all in 2006)...Pasquerellli is a M-O-R-O-N
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Interesting article. That we are giving up two second round picks makes me wonder how bad the FO wants to move Carr. With all the holes we have to fill, those picks are valuable to this team. Obviously, they did not value them as much as getting another QB to take over.
Either that or McNair pushed the issue of having a marketable QB. That's my guess.

I would have opted for getting rid of Carr, let Sage run the show next year and see what shakes out.

Moves like this are too expensive, and even more expensive when trying to pick up the pieces from a previous bad decision.

Schuab is the starter for the next 3 years or so, like it or not.

Kubiak/Smith effectively went all in. I don't see how they recover from this decision if Shuab can't carry the Texans offense.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Carr is still a Texan at the moment
Old 03-21-2007   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was thinking the same thing...as if changing the attitude and face of the team is more important at this point.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
still here as of now, but you have to figure he's gone soon
i just have to think they have the framework of a deal done with somebody contingent on the Schaub deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read