Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2007   #1
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default switching from #8 to #10

i have a bad feeling about this...i think atlanta will take landry and then miami will take quinn (unless he goes to detroit/cleveland) so now who do we get? nelson? a d-lineman?
Old 03-21-2007   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: switching from #8 to #10

Keep an eye on Cleveland...IF they take Quinn...then the whole draft changes...just don't look into anything really until the Raiders start a convo with someone's agent to try and get the #1 pick signed.
Old 03-21-2007   #3
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedoggy77 View Post
i have a bad feeling about this...i think atlanta will take landry and then miami will take quinn (unless he goes to detroit/cleveland) so now who do we get? nelson? a d-lineman?
Me too! I think we will take Amyopia, Nelson, Levi Brown to protect Schuab! Wonderfull! Now our chance to draft Landry Or AD just took a major NOSEDIVE! PLUS we gave the Falcons a 2nd RD next yr. I hope Schaub will be a steal. I think alot of people gittin' upset is understanable considering due to our past screw-ups of giving too much for crappy players or solid back-ups, ie. Babs, Pburnt, Hollins, ect. We need to start a thread of Texans reaches, goofs, & draft blunders! I really hope this not a desperate move by the front office! Damn, this organization tends to get taken advantage of often. Oh well we shall see next yr. SIGH!
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't been this happy about this team for years. I think our offense will finally turn the corner. Moving back 2 spots is no big deal as there are plenty of good players out there with only the top 9 gone. Schaub is the second pick so I'm good with that. No way we draft a starter at QB for next year at 2.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this move also...pretty much any legitimate move to put a new guy at QB works well for me.

#10 instead of #8...I dont think much changes other than the fact that we can't dream about Peterson and Quinn falling to us anymore...they will most def not be there at 10. I think it is a good spot to get LaRon...seems to be good selection all around (worth the value...good player...good person...need position).
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why cant we dream about Peterson anymore? The 2 teams that just jumped ahead of us have more pressing needs than a runningback.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #7
Janus3
Veteran

wow, never seen so much cry babying. texans drop 2 spots. sure now it's guaranteed texans don't get AP or Landry, but heck, texans get still get solid OT levi brown or trade down and get reggie nelson.
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Vinny. I think this is a big positive move for us. I think the team will most definitely o-line or defense now. I think the Texans will be looking hard at Levi Brown and Reggie Nelson. I think Landry will go to the Falcons. And I don't think either Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn will be available. But we could also trade back.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I haven't been this happy about this team for years. I think our offense will finally turn the corner. Moving back 2 spots is no big deal as there are plenty of good players out there with only the top 9 gone. Schaub is the second pick so I'm good with that. No way we draft a starter at QB for next year at 2.
thanks for putting things in perspective I was about to

no time for lagering not strong or quick enough

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 03-21-2007 at 06:26 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm still in SHOCK myself. I really thought this franchise (bob mcnair) would NEVER let go of david carr.

I'd like to see us trade down but if we STAY i wouldn't mind taking that young DT folks keep raving about or L. Brown.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd like to see us move down a few spots and pick up an extra pick...and we still might be able to pick up a guy we like like nelson, brown, revis, houston...etc.

if not...we still could get like okoye or something...i'm not worried about us moving down 1 bit.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear you, but I am concernd about that second rounder next year. The way I see it, we gave up 2 potential starters for Schaub. I am a little concerned.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I hear you, but I am concernd about that second rounder next year. The way I see it, we gave up 2 potential starters for Schaub. I am a little concerned.
One of those starters wouldn't start for 2 seasons if you look at it like us taking stanton/kolb in the 2nd....lol I get your point though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:

Very true Vinny, moving two spots back is not much, there will still be a good pick in there for us, only drawback for me was giving up next years second pick as well as this years
Old 03-21-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

first of all, lemme say that i'm proud of you guys for getting a really good franchise QB in Schaub. also glad that there's one less tema to worry about with Brady Quinn. good job.

i'm looking at Levi Brown now for houston.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
first of all, lemme say that i'm proud of you guys for getting a really good franchise QB in Schaub. also glad that there's one less tema to worry about with Brady Quinn. good job.

Just curious, but are you being sarcastic?...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yea thanks. It's a pretty good day for alot of Texans fans I would think. We are behind yall now. All my boys are saying the same thing as you. They are all dolphins fans.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
You mean like " Tony Hollins and Jabar Gaffney" starters.

The D. Ryan steals don't happen every year. Besides look at Schaub as the steal in this years second round.
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Yea thanks. It's a pretty good day for alot of Texans fans I would think. We are behind yall now. All my boys are saying the same thing as you. They are all dolphins fans.
schaub will be very good. not a textbook prototype QB for kubiak's offense, but whatever. the fact is, he's very good. and he'll be good.

i have to change my mind though. from what i understand, atlanta is in love with levi brown, and they're going to take him at #8. this pretty much says to me that houston will go nelson or landry. or, believe it or not, joe staley is an option.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
schaub will be very good. not a textbook prototype QB for kubiak's offense, but whatever. the fact is, he's very good. and he'll be good.

i have to change my mind though. from what i understand, atlanta is in love with levi brown, and they're going to take him at #8. this pretty much says to me that houston will go nelson or landry. or, believe it or not, joe staley is an option.
Stayley at #10??? oh no!! :brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read