Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
Shiney_McShine
Rookie

Default Falcons fan asessment of Schaub.....

Hey!

Coming here from Atlanta and the Falcons message board.

First, there are many that feel Schaub was the better QB then Vick. Schaub is the clasic west coast QB, which was why he was drated. He has shown great poise from his first days in camp up until his last play for the Falcons. He is a decnt guy with a polite and calm demeanor. His knowledge of the west coast offense goes back to his college playing days. His mobility is way underated as he managed to put some yards up scrambling. He will not get you 1000 yards on the ground, but he knows how to avoid a rush and get out of bounds.

Overall, I think youguys got a decent QB that has potentional to be a pro bowler.

Good luck!
Shiney_McShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: Falcons fan asessment of Schaub.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiney_McShine View Post
Hey!

First, there are many that feel Schaub was the better QB then Vick. Schaub is the clasic west coast QB, which was why he was drated. He has shown great poise from his first days in camp up until his last play for the Falcons. He is a decnt guy with a polite and calm demeanor. His knowledge of the west coast offense goes back to his college playing days. His mobility is way underated as he managed to put some yards up scrambling. He will not get you 1000 yards on the ground, but he knows how to avoid a rush and get out of bounds.

Overall, I think youguys got a decent QB that has potentional to be a pro bowler.

Good luck!
Thank you. I sure hope your right! Good luck to you too. Is it possible now with all those picks that the Falcons will trade up?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
SESupergenius

If Schaub could wear #8 then all the fans have to do is cover over the name and not spend $200 for another jersey.
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Shiney_McShine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
Thank you. I sure hope your right! Good luck to you too. Is it possible now with all those picks that the Falcons will trade up?
I don't really know. We are kind if in a tight salary cap situation here. There was speculation that we would trade the #10 overall to move down for extra, yet less expensive picks. That still me be an option. There is plenty of support for the Falcons to move down to select Calvin Johnson. He is a local kid and a real treat to watch play......Don't know if we can afford him though.....
Old 03-21-2007   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Just a "guesstimate" but I would imagine if CJ goes #1 overall to Oakland, which might be likely if Carr is dealt to the Raiders, he'd probably be signing a deal worth somewhere around $70million. That's crazy money & it's only going to get crazier.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
I don't really know. We are kind if in a tight salary cap situation here. There was speculation that we would trade the #10 overall to move down for extra, yet less expensive picks. That still me be an option. There is plenty of support for the Falcons to move down to select Calvin Johnson. He is a local kid and a real treat to watch play......Don't know if we can afford him though.....
You can afford him now.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #7
Shiney_McShine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
You can afford him now.
Vicks cap hit is monsterous. We also got TWO first round WRs and a huge salary to John Abraham.......I really don't think the Falcons can afford Calvin Johnson.
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
phan1
All Pro

I really hope Laron Landry is still there for us at #10.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
I really hope Laron Landry is still there for us at #10.
Me too!!!!
Old 03-21-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey!
Good luck!
Dang. What are you his agent ? Or maybe his brother-in-law ?
Seriously, I hope your evaluation is valid, and he realizes what you say
his potential is.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the falcons get johnson who are they going to blame when Ron Mexico still stinks?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #12
FalconsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If the falcons get johnson who are they going to blame when Ron Mexico still stinks?
Ron Mexico?
FalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 97639 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsFan View Post
Ron Mexico?
If you don't know who Ron Mexico is, I have a great deal of doubt that you are really a Falcons fan.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
If you don't know who Ron Mexico is, I have a great deal of doubt that you are really a Falcons fan.

Yeah, Me thinks that there is a fox in the henhouse.
Old 03-21-2007   #15
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ron Mexico?
Mike Vick, I believe, went to get checked for herpes but used the alias "Ron Mexico". At least, that's the way I remember it. There was some fairly big internet hullaballoo about it and now a bunch of people call Vick "Ron Mexico" because it's funny.
Old 03-21-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Ron Mexico?
Fraud.
Old 03-21-2007   #17
FalconsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I know who he is. Ron Mexico doesn't play football. Michael Vick does. BTW, you guys are getting a quarterback that can throw into great double coverage. Get ready for 20+ interceptions.
Old 03-21-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ron Mexico?
Quote:
I know who he is. Ron Mexico doesn't play football. Michael Vick does. BTW, you guys are getting a quarterback that can throw into great double coverage. Get ready for 20+ interceptions.
The carrfanboy troll has been exposed!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
20+ interceptions... you can tell this, how? Saying that is just the same as saying "Get ready for 33 touchdowns a year" based on his performance against the Patriots.
Old 03-21-2007   #20
FalconsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
The carrfanboy troll has been exposed!
WTF???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read