Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
MATRIX
Veteran

Default Schaub comparison to who...your opinions

I belive he is a Tom Brady type. Not great speed, but knows how-to win. Plus, he isn't beaten to death from playing, so he has alot of miles left.

The games I have watched him play in, he has shown he can make all the reads and get the ball where it should be. Very much like Brady.

Who do you feel he compares to?
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Re: Schaub comparison to who...your opinions

Not bashing what you said at all....but from his 2 career NFL starts, where do you get the perception that he is a "winner"?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Especially since he lost both games?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

I see him as a poor mans Eli Manning...Puts strings of great series together..looks like an all-pro...then dissapears at times etc...I havent seen Schaub play much...but for some reason that is in my head...Im not even a fan of the real Eli Manning either
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He's started one game when he wasn't a rookie, and that was a loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots on a field goal at the gun where he threw for 298 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT.

What a worthless scrub. If he were worth anything, he would've inspired his defense to block the field goal and win the game.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Anguyen
Rookie

Could be another Cody Carlson, look good in losing games
Old 03-21-2007   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...8&fr=yfp-t-501

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
He's started one game when he wasn't a rookie, and that was a loss to the defending Super Bowl champion Patriots on a field goal at the gun where he threw for 298 yards, 3 TD and 0 INT.

What a worthless scrub. If he were worth anything, he would've inspired his defense to block the field goal and win the game.
Calm down, just pointing something out. The guy said he was a winner, but he has not started and won a game in the NFL yet. I never said he is not good, I hope he is because we gave up a lot for him.

Last edited by rmartin65; 03-21-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguyen View Post
Could be another Cody Carlson, look good in losing games
The "Commander" is over qualified (too many starts). Maybe Oliver Luck or Brent Pease...
Old 03-21-2007   #10
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
I see him as a poor mans Eli Manning
Well, I hope not. Because Eli has not proven to be a leader. By that I mean commands respect from fellow players. Carr was not a leader.

A QB.....HAS to be.....NEEDS to be a leader.

Right now I'm very happy. I have hope again. Man I can't wait for the draft. Shoot, I wish the season started next week.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
Sco-tai
Veteran

BUCKY....BUCKY!!!!

We just traded TWO(2) Second round picks and dropped 2 (potentially valuable slots) for BUCKY!

Sweet!

Of course.......that is worst case scenario.

If he does become a Texan...I'll be cheering for him!
Old 03-21-2007   #12
MATRIX
Veteran

He is alot like Brady...can make throws, and while they may loose...he dosen't throw that last second INT to do it.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
He is alot like Brady...can make throws, and while they may loose...he dosen't throw that last second INT to do it.
He also could be Rob Johnson, Gus Frerotte, or Patrick Ramsey. But unlike Brady, Schaub hasn't made any throws to win.

Last edited by kcwilson; 03-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

From what i've seen of him, he falls in the hasselbeck, green, bulger range. high-middle teir Qb's which makes him an upgrade. I know everyone wants to be optimistic & project him as a Bradylike sensation, but no one can see that in his limited action, hell NFL scouts couldn't even see that in Brady when he was drafted.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Im hoping he has similar success as Matt Hasselbeck in Seattle.
Old 03-21-2007   #16
Shiney_McShine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He did not LOSE those games. His defense did. He thrashed the Patriots one game, but the defense let him down.....
Shiney_McShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX View Post
I belive he is a Tom Brady type. Not great speed, but knows how-to win. Plus, he isn't beaten to death from playing, so he has alot of miles left.

The games I have watched him play in, he has shown he can make all the reads and get the ball where it should be. Very much like Brady.

Who do you feel he compares to?
Knows how to win???? He was a back up to a crappy starting QB
Old 03-21-2007   #18
TNTitan
Veteran

closer to VY, wait, nevermind
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiney_McShine View Post
He did not LOSE those games. His defense did. He thrashed the Patriots one game, but the defense let him down.....
Okay, my bad. The same could be said for a lot of quarterbacks, I was just saying that the original poster said he was a winner and he has yet to officially win a game starting from the quarterback position.
Old 03-21-2007   #20
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Put it this way...there are high school quarerbacks i would rather play this season than schaub.... this will set back our franchise even further.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read