Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default do we have a plan for Carr?

i dont think we would have given up this much to get schaub unless we had a plan to move carr immediately or teams are really interested and serious in trading for him. anybody have a feeling on what will happen to him?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: do we have a plan for Carr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
i dont think we would have given up this much to get schaub unless we had a plan to move carr immediately or teams are really interested and serious in trading for him. anybody have a feeling on what will happen to him?
Here's a quiz.

What did the Detroit Lions do with Joey Harrington?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC
Cool Re: do we have a plan for Carr?

Maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round pick.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
Maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round pick.
ha! wishful thinking. i'd be surprised if we got a 3rd!
Old 03-21-2007   #5
pebblescds
Rookie

No way he's worth a 2nd rd pk to any team? That's no knock on him, but its just the truth... Maybe a fourth honestly. I think that's more likely on draft day. I like David as a person, not as a player. I can seperate the two. I'd like him to go to a team where he had the chance to succeed.

My gut feeling honestly, is that the Texans will be forced to cut/release him. Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him. The Lions released Harrington instead of trading him, because teams knew his value was low enough to "wait out" his current team. So other teams who DO Want Carr, will just "wait out" the Texans...to cut him before April/May workouts begin. They will not want to pay him any of his deal, so they'll cut him. This way he will be an UnRestricted FA to go wherever he wants to go, sign wherever he wants to Sign. I'll be curious to see where he ends up?

Best case scenario for the team is trading Carr for a pk 3/4/5 rd from any team frankly. I just doubt this will happen, his deal isn't attractive, he got that extension last year, that is the problem. Otherwise we'd have lots of takers for him, so many teams need a QB.
Old 03-21-2007   #6
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
Trade Carr to Oakland for a 2nd round pick.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him.
Yeah, but WE know there are teams that would LOVE to have him. Some almost NEED him. If Smith and Kubs play it right, this could work in our favor.

I don't think this will EVER happen, but wouldn't it be something if we kept Carr as our backup? Then next year draft a QB?

NAW!
Old 03-21-2007   #8
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblescds View Post
No way he's worth a 2nd rd pk to any team? That's no knock on him, but its just the truth... Maybe a fourth honestly. I think that's more likely on draft day. I like David as a person, not as a player. I can seperate the two. I'd like him to go to a team where he had the chance to succeed.

My gut feeling honestly, is that the Texans will be forced to cut/release him. Because teams know how badly we want to get rid of him. The Lions released Harrington instead of trading him, because teams knew his value was low enough to "wait out" his current team. So other teams who DO Want Carr, will just "wait out" the Texans...to cut him before April/May workouts begin. They will not want to pay him any of his deal, so they'll cut him. This way he will be an UnRestricted FA to go wherever he wants to go, sign wherever he wants to Sign. I'll be curious to see where he ends up?

Best case scenario for the team is trading Carr for a pk 3/4/5 rd from any team frankly. I just doubt this will happen, his deal isn't attractive, he got that extension last year, that is the problem. Otherwise we'd have lots of takers for him, so many teams need a QB.

Funny we just spent two 2nd round picks on a back up QB, I guess that once again we are taken to the bank.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

IMO, what we do with Carr is the "X" factor in the Schaub deal. I have heard reports that this deal has been in the works for a week, so you know that the Texans have been shopping Carr for some time. Ideally, we have a deal in place...but it can't be any surprise if there weren't any takers.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Zagen30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
Yeah, but WE know there are teams that would LOVE to have him. Some almost NEED him. If Smith and Kubs play it right, this could work in our favor.

I don't think this will EVER happen, but wouldn't it be something if we kept Carr as our backup? Then next year draft a QB?

NAW!
Schaub would have to be Ryan Leaf x5 to have the coaching staff lose faith in one year, so I don't think a QB will be drafted next year. I would be surprised if Carr fetches more than a couple of cases of Miller Lite at this point.
Zagen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #11
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't care what we do with Carr.
Seriously doubt we'll get much of anything for him, 4th or a 5th rounder.
Or just cut him and be done with it already.
GOOD RIDDANCE!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #12
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Schaub would have to be Ryan Leaf x5 to have the coaching staff lose faith in one year, so I don't think a QB will be drafted next year.
No, but we could draft a QB and let him learn for 2-3yrs. We have to have a QB anyway. And I don't want just ANYBODY back there.
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
No, but we could draft a QB and let him learn for 2-3yrs. We have to have a QB anyway. And I don't want just ANYBODY back there.
Um, we just traded for a QB today. We won't be looking for a QB in the draft.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
TEXANFAN23435
Veteran

You know who has an even higher need for a QB right now and would not be in a position to help themselves with a starting QB for next year?? How about the Green Bay Packers!!

We could possibly get a RD4 pick this year. I hate to see him go but a year or two of watching a QB like Farve could really help. Not to mention, this team is getting better faster than we are.

Oakland is another good bet and knowing how bad they would like to get CJ at WR, I would hold out for a RD3 pick. They must have a QB to throw to all those WR's.
TEXANFAN23435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Supposedly we're close to a deal with Oakland but wouldn't pull the trigger untill our deal with Atlanta happend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Carr announcement it this week.

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of Carr for Moss or something.

I'd like to see us trade down our 1st rounder now to pick up an extra pick...i think that would be important.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #16
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Supposedly we're close to a deal with Oakland but wouldn't pull the trigger untill our deal with Atlanta happend.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Carr announcement it this week.

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of Carr for Moss or something.

I'd like to see us trade down our 1st rounder now to pick up an extra pick...i think that would be important.
not too keen on a moss trade,
Old 03-21-2007   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see us get a 2nd-4th for Carr.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
Cgold
Rookie

we traded 2 2nd round picks for him, and if that wasnt enough, "here take our better number one pick also" !!!! !!!!
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
I honestly don't care what we do with Carr.
Seriously doubt we'll get much of anything for him, 4th or a 5th rounder.
Or just cut him and be done with it already.
GOOD RIDDANCE!
That what I was thinking about a 4th rounder, at least it is a pick and you never know, there might be a hidden gem there, just look at Owen Daniels great tight end for a 4th pick..........
Old 03-21-2007   #20
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
not too keen on a moss trade,
I'm with you on this dogg. Although i would like to get porter out of it but not moss. BTW, that's a nice ass tatoo, where is it located? It look like it's on your knee-cap.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read