Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2007   #1
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
Rookie

Default New Mock Draft for Schaub & Texans

Oakland - Johnson/WR....after trade for Carr
Detroit - Quinn/QB
Cleveland - Russel/QB
Tampa Bay - Thomas/OT
Arizona - Branch/DT
Washington - Adams/DE
Minnesota - Landry/S
Atlanta - Anderson/DE
Miami - Okoye/DT
Houston - Peterson/RB, Brown/OT, or Hall/CB
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Re: New Mock Draft for Schaub & Texans

Uuhhhhh, No.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan
Rookie

LOL...wishful thinking.

Oakland - Russel/QB
Detroit - Quinn/QB
Cleveland - Peterson/RB
Tampa Bay - Johnson/WR
Arizona - Thomas/OT
Washington - Adams/DE
Minnesota - Anderson/DE
Atlanta - Landry/S
Miami - Branch/DT
Houston - Brown/OT, Okoye/DT, or Hall/CB
Lifetime Oiler/Texan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I thin Levi Brown not Landry goes to Atlanta now. We get to draft the under producing FS prospect. Oh Joy !.
Old 03-21-2007   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this has crushed all my hopes & dreams J/K

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta will package #8 and (2) 2nd picks to move up.

With the (2) 2nd RD picks Smith traded away, that would have been enough ammo to move up to #3 and get Peterson or Quinn and maybe Johnson.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

With the (2) 2nd RD picks Smith traded away, that would have been enough ammo to move up to #3 and get Peterson or Quinn and maybe Johnson.
Now that wouldn't be a bad idea
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

IMO atlanta isn't going to move up. Oakland is taking CJ for sure now. Carr will go to oakland so that rules out russell..imo.

phone call convo:

Arthur Blank: Uh hi Al, we're willing to move up to your spot so we can take CJ...!

Al Davis: ahhahahhahaha go $%$^ yourself.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

peterson wouldn't make it past atlanta.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
IMO atlanta isn't going to move up. Oakland is taking CJ for sure now. Carr will go to oakland so that rules out russell..imo.

phone call convo:

Arthur Blank: Uh hi Al, we're willing to move up to your spot so we can take CJ...!

Al Davis: ahhahahhahaha go $%$^ yourself.
that was funny...have to admit...i was laughin for awhile on that one

without any trades (however unlikely that is) this is how i see the top 10 turning out:

1. calvin johnson to oakland due to them trading for carr for a bag of peanuts and some grape juice
2. brady quinn to detriot...i don't buy the fact that they're not interest in taking a QB...and quinn fits their offense better than russell
3. jamarcus russell to cleveland...big time thrower for the city known for bad weather
4. gaines adams to tampa...this is actually where i see the first real trade occuring...tampa is more likely to trade down to get okoye who gruden coached at the senior bowl
5. joe thomas to arizona...that makes two years in a row that arizona has lucked out in waiting for their guy
6. alan branch to washington...personally i think they want adams but since he's not there they'll take the big run stuffer
7. jamaal anderson to minnesota...i think they will try and trade up for quinn and if it doesn't work out i think they'll trade down for a reciever
8. adrian peterson to atlanta...they will try and trade up for calvin but will be unsuccessful...so they'll simply take the BPA and that's AD
9. amobi okoye to the dolphins...this is a toss up between levi brown and okoye...with okoye winning out due to more potential than brown

and finally

10. laron landry to the texans...it's between him trading down for a WR or levi brown...landry will help out the defense so much that he's just too good to pass up
Old 03-24-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been thinking about our team and the draft and where we can go that could help a lot.

*I'm assuming Laron Landry will be picked before us to try and be as realistic as i can.
*also i'm not going to 'predict' a trade down becuase it's near impossible to get it right...although i'd love for us to move down.

1st round: Leon Hall CB Michigan (if FS isn't addressed we have to get a new CB, secondary is weakest on our team, rest of this mock means we go Secondary in the 1st)
3rd round: Jason Hill WR Washington St. (4.32 forty, good size at 6 ft 200lbs, good route running and hands)
4th round: Kyle Young C Fresno St. (Center is a def. need and young could learn and develop into a starter while flannigan and mckinney are starting)
5th round: Mario Henderson LT Florida St. (we always need help on the OL, w/ spencers injury unknowns henderson could help, we have to protect Schaub)
6th round: Joe Cohen DT Florida (big Dt and we could always use help)
7th round: BPA

quite frankly i don't know a lot of the prospects for 5th-7th rounds.. but i think we need to address WR, OL - DT, Secondary.
Old 03-24-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've been thinking about our team and the draft and where we can go that could help a lot.

*I'm assuming Laron Landry will be picked before us to try and be as realistic as i can.
*also i'm not going to 'predict' a trade down becuase it's near impossible to get it right...although i'd love for us to move down.

1st round: Leon Hall CB Michigan (if FS isn't addressed we have to get a new CB, secondary is weakest on our team, rest of this mock means we go Secondary in the 1st)
3rd round: Jason Hill WR Washington St. (4.32 forty, good size at 6 ft 200lbs, good route running and hands)
4th round: Kyle Young C Fresno St. (Center is a def. need and young could learn and develop into a starter while flannigan and mckinney are starting)
5th round: Mario Henderson LT Florida St. (we always need help on the OL, w/ spencers injury unknowns henderson could help, we have to protect Schaub)
6th round: Joe Cohen DT Florida (big Dt and we could always use help)
7th round: BPA

quite frankly i don't know a lot of the prospects for 5th-7th rounds.. but i think we need to address WR, OL - DT, Secondary.

If you're going to project a hippo a'waddleing for a year....I'd just as soon Pick the kid from Cal poly Brown or the Black Kid from New Mexico. I have no idea were either one will play but I gaurantee you one of mine will beat out someone currently starting before the end of September. Long before you're tub of lard gets on line to play. Hasn't he balooned up to 350 - 360 ? That kid doesn't need a football team he needs a mud hole to wallow in.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-24-2007 at 10:05 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If you're going to project a hippo a'waddleing for a year....I'd just as soon Pick the kid from Cal poly Brown or the Black Kid from New Mexico. I have no idea were either one will play but I gaurantee you one of mine will beat out someone currently starting before the end of September. Long before you're tub of lard gets on line to play. Hasn't he balooned up to 350 - 360 ? That kid doesn't need a football team he needs a mud hole to wallow in.
okay thanks for the info pete. i'll take a look at what i can find on the guys you mentioned. my main point was that C is a huge need, so i'd like to get the best guy that would fit our team in a round like the 4th or so.
Old 03-25-2007   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
wow angry lil guy aren't you? nothing wrong with a fluffy center lol.
Old 03-25-2007   #15
VaBandWaggonFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
wow angry lil guy aren't you? nothing wrong with a fluffy center lol.
FLUFFY

03/09/07 - Former Fresno State lineman Kyle Young returned to the Bulldogs' practice field Thursday for the first time in four months, there to participate in the NFL Pro Day after failing to receive an invitation to last month's NFL combine. The last time Young practiced at Fresno State was in November before getting suspended for the final four games of his career because of academics. Young returned looking bigger, but not necessarily better. He measured in at 6 feet, 5 inches and 353 pounds -- 23 pounds heavier than his listed playing weight. He did look stronger -- bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times (about midrange compared to the marks set by linemen at the NFL combine). He also looked slower -- unofficially running the 40-yard dash at 5.57 on one run. Most importantly to Young, though, was that he was being looked at with roughly 20 NFL scouts and six NFL assistants attending the annual draft-preparation event. Young, along with roughly 15 other former Fresno State players or Fresno-area athletes who participated in the Pro Day, simply wanted to catch an NFL scout's eye. "Today was pretty important, show what I have in front of everybody," Young said afterward. "If you didn't go to the combine, this is the time to impress." Why Young, a four-year starter for the Bulldogs, didn't get invited to last month's combine in Indianapolis remains a mystery to him. His theory? His suspension cost him an invite, which was awarded to roughly 350 players in the nation. His agent, Justin Shulman of Athletes First, believes the suspension has brought up unwarranted character issues about Young. - Bryant-Jon Anteola, The Fresno Bee

Last edited by VaBandWaggonFan; 03-25-2007 at 02:21 AM.
VaBandWaggonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #16
Gamehorn25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBandWaggonFan View Post
FLUFFY

03/09/07 - Former Fresno State lineman Kyle Young returned to the Bulldogs' practice field Thursday for the first time in four months, there to participate in the NFL Pro Day after failing to receive an invitation to last month's NFL combine. The last time Young practiced at Fresno State was in November before getting suspended for the final four games of his career because of academics. Young returned looking bigger, but not necessarily better. He measured in at 6 feet, 5 inches and 353 pounds -- 23 pounds heavier than his listed playing weight. He did look stronger -- bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times (about midrange compared to the marks set by linemen at the NFL combine). He also looked slower -- unofficially running the 40-yard dash at 5.57 on one run. Most importantly to Young, though, was that he was being looked at with roughly 20 NFL scouts and six NFL assistants attending the annual draft-preparation event. Young, along with roughly 15 other former Fresno State players or Fresno-area athletes who participated in the Pro Day, simply wanted to catch an NFL scout's eye. "Today was pretty important, show what I have in front of everybody," Young said afterward. "If you didn't go to the combine, this is the time to impress." Why Young, a four-year starter for the Bulldogs, didn't get invited to last month's combine in Indianapolis remains a mystery to him. His theory? His suspension cost him an invite, which was awarded to roughly 350 players in the nation. His agent, Justin Shulman of Athletes First, believes the suspension has brought up unwarranted character issues about Young. - Bryant-Jon Anteola, The Fresno Bee
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't ZBS Lineman supposed to be small and quick?
Old 03-25-2007   #17
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I REALLY don't think there is anyway we will stay at ten. Right now we need players that fit with what the coaching staff wants to do. There is a guy on Chron.com (TH in fans blog)reporting Buff is wanting to move to 10 and will give up a third to do so. He also states that if this occurs there is another team wanting to give up a second rounder to move to 12 pushing us back to the 20s. IF this is true I would do this in a heart beat. With four first day picks we could add a WR (Sydney Rice, Gonzalez, Jason Hill), OT (maybe Staley, Ugoh or Ryan Harris), a pass rusher to play opposite MW (Charles Johnson, Quentin Moses, or Anthony Spencer), and a CB (Josh Wilson or Eric Wright).

I would look to add a FS, DE, and a third down type of back (maybe Garret Wolfe) in rounds 4-7.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #18
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I REALLY don't think there is anyway we will stay at ten. Right now we need players that fit with what the coaching staff wants to do. There is a guy on Chron.com (TH in fans blog)reporting Buff is wanting to move to 10 and will give up a third to do so. He also states that if this occurs there is another team wanting to give up a second rounder to move to 12 pushing us back to the 20s. IF this is true I would do this in a heart beat. With four first day picks we could add a WR (Sydney Rice, Gonzalez, Jason Hill), OT (maybe Staley, Ugoh or Ryan Harris), a pass rusher to play opposite MW (Charles Johnson, Quentin Moses, or Anthony Spencer), and a CB (Josh Wilson or Eric Wright).

I would look to add a FS, DE, and a third down type of back (maybe Garret Wolfe) in rounds 4-7.
Not to mention Posluszny at OLB

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read