Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2007   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default ummm...so now what?

with schaub on board and lacking a 2nd round pick, what do we do now?

if peterson and landry are at 8, what happens?

would we trade down to take brown to protect the immobile schaub and pick up a 2nd rounder to replace our lost pick?

where do we take a receiver or a db?

i know its just one pick, but it creates alot of holes.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ummm...so now what?

No to Peterson, if he's available we ought to trade down. There's going to be defensive prospects available in the 2nd and I'd rather not miss out on it. We still have a lot of voids to fill.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sold on this move. If what people are saying is true, thats alot of picks to give up for someone who has not done much in the pros.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are now at the 10 spot..so...who will be there?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I am not sold on this move. If what people are saying is true, thats alot of picks to give up for someone who has not done much in the pros.
If the trade involves swaping 1st rounders , a 2nd rounder in 07 and in 08 then I agree that would be a very bad trade.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I realy don't think it matters now. They're not going to get enough of the holes filled to do much in '07. BPA I guess.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nelson? Landry? Hall? Okoye? Branch? Willis?
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40232 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will trade down to the 15 range to draft Reggie Nelson and get back some picks...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Novell idea. Brown at LT to protect Schaub? If our second is gone now we'd better do something to shore up the line quickly if the reportedly immobile) Schaub is our starter next year. After spending all those picks to attain him do you really feel comfortable witha 3rd or 4th round T there or hope Spencer's leg is ready?
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 180779 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same players at #8 -2 (Sorry, I couldn't resist )

What I would like to see the Texans do is to improve the offensive line talent and get an offensive playmaker. If the Texans stay at #10, I'd like to see Levi Brown selected. I'm tired of hoping that LTs bounce back from catastrophic injuries or journeymen metamorphize into studs or small college projects develop into All Pros. Draft a proven, major college LT and be done with it.

The Texans also need another wideout, someone who can make plays downfield or after the catch. The next selection is @ #73. The top guys will be long gone, but often there are guys at this spot in the draft that become playmakers. Steve Smith, Jerricho Cotchery, Chris Henry, Kevin Curtis, Laveranues Coles. Marques Colston just last year. It's time the Texans found a later round gem of their own, and this draft is deep enough to do it.

I want to see this QB get every opportunity to succeed. No more excuses. It's time for the Texans to put points on the board and win some football games.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i think we could trade down and pick up levi brown later...and i'd still rather have landry/nelson
Old 03-21-2007   #12
ivenovember
Rookie

Default So, Now What?

With the trade, we now have to #10 pick? Who do you see us landing now? Obviously i think 10 is to low to get AP (or Quinn or Russell, which we would not get anymore). I could see us drafting Levi Brown or possibly going for the tremendous athelete in Amobi Okoye. If Landry is still there we might take him and going for a CB in Leon Hall would not be a bad decision either.
Who would you draft?
Old 03-21-2007   #13
joshri
Rookie

Default Re: So, Now What?

I would say that the list be the following: Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, LaRon Landry, and Reggie Nelson. If Adrian Peterson fell that far of course he would go there.

I would be absolutely thrilled with Landry but could also see Brown now since they moved down.

I guess this trade means no Kolb huh.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, Now What?

We could also move down a bit, recover a draft pick maybe.... and still get a Reggie Nelson, or Ted Ginn Jr (the playmaker we need),etc..
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
Cheroqui
Veteran

Well I guess we still have 3 RB's to negotiate with from Lundy Taylor and Gado. Depending if we take a RB from the draft it's most likely let go of 3, or keep 1 take 2.

As far as what's left... what CB, Safety, then OL possibly WR? I guess we'll find out later....
Old 03-21-2007   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, is 10 a good spot to take Nelson or Carracker (sp) or Staley? All seem to have 10-20 grade and all could help. I doubt Brown is there or Landry. Nelson would probably be my pick, but I think I would be good with any of them.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 03-21-2007   #17
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

LaRon might go to the Falcons so I am not sure if we can get him but if he is there I say take him. If he is not I say go with Levi Brown...and if he is gone go with Chris Houston.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

after a bit of reflection...could we go....Lynch at 10?

De Oppresso Liber
Old 03-21-2007   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

since Buffalo is meeting with Marshawn Lynch and they pick 12th, I'd be talking to the Packers about trading first rounders and then gaining an additional pick from them in the process. Pick the BPA, preferably a top CB or a FS or WR.
Old 03-21-2007   #20
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well now that we're at the 10th spot...landry is still a possibility just not a good one...peterson will be gone...i don't think lynch is going to be our guy either...i'm getting the feeling that we will target a WR with the 1st pick...maybe another DB...maybe chris houston or leon hall or derrelle revis

the only thing is if we don't get a FS in the 1st round the talent after merriweather just drops like a rock IMO...it would almost make me not want to pick a FS this year if we don't get landry or nelson

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read