Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default IS Matt Schaub our answer?

If we do acquire Schaub like sources are reporting, from what I have read it doesn't sound like he is a good 'fit' for us. Has his 'throwing on the run' ability improved? Was this an inaccurate report? I don't know much about Schaub but this draft report doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/47945.html
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: IS Matt Schaub our answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
If we do acquire Schaub like sources are reporting, from what I have read it doesn't sound like he is a good 'fit' for us. Has his 'throwing on the run' ability improved? Was this an inaccurate report? I don't know much about Schaub but this draft report doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/47945.html
If you read Carr's draft report you would think we had a hall of fame QB. So much for draft reports.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 34981 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Guess we'll find out, huh? If C&C were still here running the ship, yeah I'd have ALOT more questions than I do now.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

read tom brady's draft report
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
afcman
Veteran

It's a done deal from everything I've heard. I really don't know about the guy. I guess it's time to start learning.

I tried twice to post a link here but it got removed.

SO..........CARR is a gone. Today starts Houston V.2.
Old 03-21-2007   #6
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not saying that I don't potentially like the move. I just know very little about Schaub and, like most Texans fans, have never seen him play in the NFL. I'd love to know if he is regarded as a good 'fit' for our offense, etc...
Old 03-21-2007   #7
afcman
Veteran

Shoot, we could still draft a QB next year.

Ive had Sirius radio for a month now and have been listening everyday for some BIG texans news..........

Today was the day.

Old 03-21-2007   #8
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well hopefully we don't make another mistake like we did with Carr and we GIVE THE GUY SOME PROTECTION. I think Kubiak realizes this though, so there's no reason for me not to be optimistic.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCRoN View Post
I'm not saying that I don't potentially like the move. I just know very little about Schaub and, like most Texans fans, have never seen him play in the NFL. I'd love to know if he is regarded as a good 'fit' for our offense, etc...
5.0 forty...he's not going to run away from anyone. How many ones is this deal that no one is reporting going to cost us ? Looks like a panic pick to me.
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone wants to see a good perspective on Matt Schaub, what better place to go than the Atlanta Falcons Message Board.

Should make some you happy with what they are saying over there.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #11
afcman
Veteran

So....will we keep Carr as OUR backup or will he be someone else's backup?
Old 03-21-2007   #12
My Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If anyone wants to see a good perspective on Matt Schaub, what better place to go than the Atlanta Falcons Message Board.

Sould make some you happy with what they are saying over there.

Yeah, guess what. Everybody loves the back up QB, no suprise.
Old 03-21-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero View Post

haha...bye bye hero. time to change that avatar, eh. better logon to the raiders message board and start a trollfile errrrr profile
Old 03-21-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Hero View Post
Gotta be a dark day for you!

Yeah, over there, they think Michael Vick absolutely sucks. Like I said, it's all in the perspective.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
I believe he'll be sent packing draft day to recover lost draft picks.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #16
wrestler4life
Veteran

Yeah, he and Sage are the best in the league
Old 03-21-2007   #17
afcman
Veteran

Oh boy......now I REALLY can't wait for the draft!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well, the obvious answer is ... no one knows. Schaub brings a few points of optimism, however. He stepped in as a rookie and played better in the West Coast Offense than Vick ever has. When called upon, he has performed well in the Falcons offense. People blast away on Atlanta's receivers, but those receivers look a lot better when Schaub is in there. He seems to make good decisions and his reads, even as a rookie, look to be better than Carr's. He seems to have it together upstairs, and since the QB position is more cerebral than athletic, I'll take it with optimism. There was the loss to Philly at the end of this past season, when the offense moved the ball well with Schaub under center. There was the loss against the Pats in 2005 where he threw for 298 and 3 scores and they weren't garbage time scores. That was an exciting game.

He doesn't have much of a record to really dissect, but the two times I watched him play (both above, and I watched specifically because he was playing), he moved the ball down the field in a way that Carr never has. Schaub made the receivers in Atlanta look brilliant at times and competent most other times. Schaub is probably the best unproven option the Texans could have taken.

I'm excited. (Of course, if the Texans give him the same protection they have given Carr over the course of his career, it'll end up close to the same result anyway, so we'll see)
Old 03-21-2007   #19
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
I say we trade Carr to Oakland for either:
1) their 2nd
2) their 3rd PLUS swap of 2nd's

Oakland then uses 1.01 to pick Calvin Johnson, who is arguably the best player in the draft.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #20
Houston Sooner
Rookie

Why do I see this as a AJ Feely tyoe deal
Houston Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read