Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-21-2007   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Khalif Barnes Hates Jacksonville

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...t_barnes.shtml

There's a video on there, all curse words have been bleeped.

Quote:
By PAUL PINKHAM, The Times-Union

Moments after his drunken driving arrest in November, Jaguars offensive tackle Khalif Barnes launched into an obscenity-laced tirade against Jacksonville police, perceived racism and playing in a "hick town."

"This is unbelievable, man, unbelievable being a pro athlete in Jacksonville. I can't wait to get out of here. Can't wait," Barnes said while handcuffed in the back of a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office patrol car. "Especially if you're black." About 20 minutes later, still in the patrol car, he said, "Of all the places in the -- world that I came to this -- hick town. They -- hate us here.
"Why you even want to have a pro team here? What's the use? They don't even -- respect you."

The newspaper also obtained the police recording of Barnes' late-night traffic stop and field sobriety test, which will be the subject of a court hearing Thursday. Barnes' lawyers argue that police didn't have enough probable cause to arrest Barnes based on the test, a point the 24-year-old player repeatedly argued during his ride to the jail.
Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said the team hadn't seen the video and couldn't comment. Barnes and his lawyer also declined comment.
Police said blood-alcohol test administered at the jail showed Barnes' level was .12. Florida considers a driver impaired at .08. Barnes sat out that weekend's game, a 13-10 loss to Houston.
Old 03-21-2007   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Khalif Barnes Hates Jacksonville

I wonder how much a 325 pound man has to drink to get to 1.2%.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Khalif Barnes is now my favorite Jag...My man speaks the truth.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I wonder how much a 325 pound man has to drink to get to 1.2%.
1.2 percent?!!?!?!?

Uh..you mean .12?

Legal limit is .08 (in TX).

Most are dead at .40 or so.

I DOUBT he tripled that.

If so...he needs to be Kalif O'Barnes. Them IRISH can drink! HEHEH
Old 03-21-2007   #5
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

if he truely feels mis-treated in jacksonville i really feel for him...players don't seem to do well in places that cause them friction...i wonder how much carry over this will have into the season
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
1.2 percent?!!?!?!?

Uh..you mean .12?

Legal limit is .08 (in TX).

I DOUBT he tripled that.

If so...he needs to be Kalif O'Barnes. Them IRISH can drink! HEHEH
i went to the hospital with .25 once, but i'm alive.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

So do I!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

His next drink is on me.....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
oh please.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #10
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
if he truely feels mis-treated in jacksonville i really feel for him...players don't seem to do well in places that cause them friction...i wonder how much carry over this will have into the season
He was drunk.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog View Post
He was drunk.
he was wasted so he didn't feel guilty about baring his soul.
Old 03-22-2007   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
oh please.
What are you saying oh please about. The brain shuts down at .4
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #13
real

Carr for Khalif str8 up...
Old 03-22-2007   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part in that video is

F#@% Jacksonville, of all the places in the f#@%ing wolrd, I had to come to this f#@%ing hick town.

Tell us how you reall feel Khalif
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Carr for Khalif str8 up...
Rick Smith would be all over that.
Old 03-22-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

glad I don't get like that when I drink....
Old 03-23-2007   #17
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Was it Dan Wilkerson who once said something similiar about Cincy - except he wasn't drunk.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog View Post
He was drunk.
.12 for somebody of his size, who drinks regularly...it ain't that drunk.

Has he apologized for what he said yet?
Old 03-23-2007   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody said Jax sucked when they hosted the Super Bowl
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

I'm not either, and share his views...but then again I don't work for a team in J-ville so I'm my opinion don't mean that much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read