Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2007   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr to Oakland?

A little bird tells me. Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
So like usuall dont shoot the messanger, but believe what you like.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr to Oakland?

Thanks for the info....what are they willing to give up to get him?
Old 03-21-2007   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Thanks for the info....what are they willing to give up to get him?
Yea I forgot to say that I dont know what is all in the deal, picks and such.
Old 03-21-2007   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
A little bird tells me. Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson. I also have heard that a deal is ready to go but the Texans are dragging their feet (shocker), cause all the deals with Plummer, Garcia and Ramsey did not go through, so they are not going to deal untill they know they have a QB. AND for all that want Carr gone.............The Raiders said that they will not wait untill the draft for Houston to make up their minds, they want it done before hand. I also heard that the Texans do not really want to trade him but feel they kind have to.
You know what Oakland is willing to give us for David?...

EDIT:NEVERMIND
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans.

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.
Old 03-21-2007   #6
real

Quote:
Sounds about right. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-21-2007   #7
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler

hey thanks hulk for the post, if david does go I hope he goes on and has a very succesfull career. I think he will get a fresh start.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.

BTW, I'm convinced that the minute we get some extra picks..whether it is through Carr or the draft...we will persue Plummer's rights. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
If David could throw to Moss and Calvin and Porter and toss to Lamont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes, it'd go a long way towards showing what David can do with more than one offensive weapon. If this happens, I wish him the best of luck unless he's playing the Texans.

Jerry Porter???? There's a WR2.
Not unless they fix their O-line...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Is this one of the 20 teams after him?Just wondering. I'm sure the Texans have a gun to their head and can't stand to part with him. Kubiak and his teammates seem like they really are at a loss Anyways, thanks for the info. I thought you had said earlier that he would be here..good to hear this info. Either way, both parties are better off split up.
Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.

And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.
Old 03-21-2007   #11
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
I am not surprised by the possibility of Carr going to Oakland. It just brings up the same question that has been asked many times before, what is Oakland willing to give us for him.

I am convinced that regardless of how sweet the deal, Oakland does not want to give up the #1 overall pick. Calvin Johnson would almost be a lock for Oakland at this point.

Is Carr for Moss a possibility? This would be interesting to say the least.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #12
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Hulk for the post. If a trade happens, I hope it works out great for him there. He does have fans here in Houston who appreciate his courage, his toughness, his class and yes even now his leadership for not mouthing off at any of his team mates in the media (unlike #23).
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?
Old 03-21-2007   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the info, Hulk. I think that Oakland would be a good place for him.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #15
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
A little bird tells me. Oakland wants Carr pretty bad so that they can draft Calvin Johnson.
Well you've been saying that all along, I for one thinks it's the best place for him. I just hope they have a good Qb coach and improve their Oline aswell.
Either way.. I hope the best for your Brother and the Texans.
Old 03-21-2007   #16
jdm12
Rookie

If Kubes thinks Sage has NFL "start-ability" why not pull the trigger on the deal. I recall on several occasions Kubes saying he believed Sage could be a started in this league. If that statement is true, do the deal. Draft a young QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and groom him to be your new franchise QB. Seems like a simple solution if the rumor is true and if Kubes honestly believes in Sage's skills.

I guess the only thing that should be compromising the deal is what Oakland is willing to give up.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
And who would this little bird be? Is the info tweety bird true? Or is it pterodactyl true? In other words, is your source worth a flip?
No they are not.

and what does this say...........?

Quote:
Old 03-21-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for not being a jack ass 24 hours a day.And so you cant stop throwing the 20 team thing around. YES 20 teams called about and asked what the price for him was, a lot of teams were not going to part with what the Texans wanted at the beggining.
Sorry Hulk, it was too easy.

As far as your bro goes, I'm one of the people who has said along that I want him gone but not out of hate but because the team and he would have better chances at success without each other. I'm not sure how good he can be and I have doubts about his ability but he'd have a better shot out of this town. So I'm no ass. Maybe a big smart ass here and there but not a ass...lol

Overall I'd be really happy with this. Maybe other teams are involved....like the Pack.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-21-2007 at 10:55 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Not unless they fix their O-line...
Putting Sims at LT and gallery back at RT is a nice first step for Oakland. I'd also expect that they may look at ugoh, staley, or kalil in the second to further that cause.
Old 03-21-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No they are not.

and what does this say...........?
I'm not shooting anybody. I was just asking how reliable your little bird is. A little testy are we?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read