Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Michael Bush has 2nd leg surgery

He will still get drafted but now I think teams will wait until 3rd round or the 4th.

I would take a gamble on him mid 3rd and on.

Well, after appearing to be on track to by ready for an NFL camp, he will not be. He was a 2nd rounder at that point, and after this second surgery, he is now a second day guy. I don't think many teams will take him before the 5th now, but he could really make a GM look smart in about a year.

He could be a steal on Day 2 of a team is willing to let him sit for a year.

Am I the onoly one who is afraid that we might hear the same thing about Spencer in a couple of weeks?

wow this really sucks for bush. he was considered a finalist for the heisman before the season and a sure 1st round pick. i feel bad for the kid.

is there any chance he sit out this year? it seems like a really bad decision now to forego his final year at louisville. i would think if he had another year to heal and work out he'd be better than a 2nd day pick.

wow this really sucks for bush. he was considered a finalist for the heisman before the season and a sure 1st round pick. i feel bad for the kid.

is there any chance he sit out this year ? it seems like a really bad decision now to forego his final year at louisville. i would think if he had another year to heal and work out he'd be better than a 2nd day pick.

Agreed: If he has already filed his papers, he's in the pool. He'll get drafted. The only question is who'll spend what when. So who would you rather have on the second day the QB prospect or the gamble on the leg guy ? Does everyone agree that a day one pick is a bit of a reach ?

No I do not think it is the samething but I am not 100% on that.

Spencer's problem is the blood flow to the cartledge. This is just a "simple"
break. We haven't seen the charts on either guy. Your guess is as good as mine. I believe you are correct. The injuries are different. They won't know on Spencer's injury untill he tries to go.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=480353&postcount=19
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=27562
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=431616&postcount=18

He had a rod inserted . Haven't seen anything from Louisville about a red shirt request. So you're saying in seven months he's going to be combine ready to compete & someone is going to risk a number one on that leg ? Is he from Nigeria ?

CloaknnnDagger:

TTP,

From what information I have been able to gather, Bush has a fracture of the larger tibia bone of the lower leg. As is common with such a fracture, there is an accompanying fibula fracture (the smaller bone of the lower leg). The tibia is indeed a bone which takes longer (12 weeks) to heal than most other bones (6 weeks). The long immobiliization....taction/casting is a conservative approach to affecting healing. However this approach can lead to increased rish of blood clots, pneumonia, etc. associated with laying around for prolonged periods. Additionally, this can lead to increased risk of rebreak. Fortunately, the break occurred well above the ankle, not as high as you would like to see it, since the higher up the tibia fracture (excluding those involving the knee joint) the "better" the healing. Bush has evidently undergone an instertion of a rod through the marrow of the apposing portions of the tibia, with further stabilization using 2 pins.

With this approach, he should not be immobilized at all and should be allowed to begin bearing weight around 3 weeks with use of crutches. He should be able to cast his crutches at around 6 weeks. I doubt that with this type of supportive repair there will be any need for a protective/supportive cast.
At 3-4 months they should allow him treadmill/bicycle rehab. Theoretically he could be back in 4-5 months.

I wouldn't spend more than a 5th round pick on him now. In part because of the likelihood that he'll be on the shelf to start the season, and also because with the addition of Green & re-signing Dayne drafting a RB isn't nearly as big of a need as it was previously. If the Texans do not end up taking a RB this year they would most certainly take on next year with the RB class that is set to come out.

3rd & 4th round picks still present a lot of value. You could find some real steals in those rounds.

He'll go late i bet...sit most of the year and then could have a McGahee type rise. Agreed YTF could make some GM look really smart in a year.

I was a big Eric Shelton wagoneer last year. Where did he end up going?

Eric Shelton is another big Louisville big back with no wiggle or elusiveness. If I had to peg his running style it would be like TJ Duckett and Stacey Mack. If he makes the Panthers next season I'd be shocked. He was a 2nd roung pick and a bit overhyped when he came out....kinda like Bush. I like Bush better as a prospect though.

So who would you rather have on the second day the QB prospect or the gamble on the leg guy ? Does everyone agree that a day one pick is a bit of a reach ?

Definately a second day qb prospect. All of our qb's have not done much in the pros. Some of our runningbacks have shown that they can play, at least for a while.

Bush and Shelton really aren't that similar. Shelton is a straight power back. Bush is just a giant athlete. Kind of like Jamarcus Russell.

According to doctors, Bush's leg injury will eventually fully heal. I think he will be a very successful back for whatever organization has the balls to take him.

He scores touchdowns, has great hands, amazing hips, and finds a way to break big plays.

Wouldn't be suprised to see Petrino grab him in the 4th if he's still available.

Bush news:
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10135791

Attention to teams in search of running back in next weekend's NFL draft:

A leter from the noted sports orthopedic surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, was emailed to 32 teams Wednesday, stating that Louisville running back Michael Bush "is 99 percent healed" from his fractured tibia and fibula.

Bush is the running back that was projected as a top 10 pick -- until he injured his leg. About four weeks ago, he underwent more surgery to have a larger rod placed in his leg. Teams have been concerned about whether Bush would be able to contribute this season.

Earlier this week, Bush went through a workout of 100-yard runs, ladder drills, jumping rope and 225-pound squats that helped spur Andrews to fire off his note.

"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote to all 32 NFL teams. "It certainly looks much better than it did some weeks ago. It is remarkable how quickly this has improved relative to recent re-rodding."

Great news for Bush, wonder if he starts to rocket up draft boards?

Back