Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2007   #1
si160hp
Rookie

Default UH pro day

Hey guys just wondering if the UH pro day is worth atttending. If so do you think the texans are going to be there?
si160hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #2
joe592
waterboy

Default Re: UH pro day

Quote:
Originally Posted by si160hp View Post
Hey guys just wondering if the UH pro day is worth atttending. If so do you think the texans are going to be there?
I can almost assure you someone from the Texans staff will be there, along with at least a scout or something from every other team. They are football scouts. It's what they do.
I don't know if it is open to the public. Even if it were, football practice is an incredibly tedious and boring event. Imagine flag football, with less contact. Good place to take a nap though.
joe592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #3
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I doubt anyone from the Houston Texans would spend the energy and time to travel that far.
Old 03-21-2007   #4
ROCKY
Rookie

Supposedly Kubes really likes Kolb. And Kubes will be there himself.
Old 03-21-2007   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I doubt anyone from the Houston Texans would spend the energy and time to travel that far.
Old 03-21-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder if McNair will show his face??....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post

Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
just watch those Spencer comments

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
just watch those Spencer comments

Yeah I guess so.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
I don't think it's open to the public. I recall hearing that on 610 or 790 a few days ago. I'm sure the Texans will attend.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
i thought it was good.
Old 03-21-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I don't think it's open to the public. I recall hearing that on 610 or 790 a few days ago. I'm sure the Texans will attend.
The paper said it was open this morning.

...lots of free agent/camp guys in the pile at U of H. Just lost our FB. I saw Battle, unless I've got the wrong guy destroy, Baytown Lee a few seasons ago. He's too heavy right now...but for the price of room and board you get a cheap look see in camp. I disagree, I think the scouts will be there unless they are scattered about to far to get there.
Old 03-23-2007   #13
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anybody go or heard anything about the Pro day at UH?

Just wanted to know how Kolb and the rest of the Cougars did.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2007   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

From Lance Zierlein's blog
Quote:
UH Pro Day

I don't have all the exact details on every player but I spoke with some of the people who attended the event and work for NFL teams and they said that almost everyone had a good workout with just a couple of exceptions.

* Kevin Kolb threw the ball well and showed his NFL arm strength as he was able to cut it loose in his passing drills. Jerry Rhome took him through the paces and Kolb did what he needed to do for the NFL teams in attendance.

* Jackie Battle was the star of the show. The Cougars ran on an artificial turf and the times I received on Battle from an NFL source who timed him was 4.46 and 4.40. The source said that his team averages the time and adds .10 for the surface so he is posting it as a 4.53 which was "very, very surprising". Nobody expected Battle to run that fast and I don't think anyone expected his 41" vertical leap either.

* Vincent Marshall ran in the 4.3s and that was AFTER THE SURFACE ADJUSTMENT! The only problem for Marshall is his size. His lack of size will probably keep him from being drafted.

* WR Biron Ealy ran in the 4.5s which became a 4.6 with time adjustment. Still, that was not at all disappointing to the teams in attendance and two scouts who I know are already trying to position themselves as the front runner to add Ealy as a free agent if he isn't drafted. Teams like Ealy's potential and they are fine with his speed after today.

* Will Gulley didn't run well (4.7) but there are some teams who are considering moving him to OLB in the 3-4 defense.

It is clear that track coach Leroy Burrell and strength coach Larry Jackson have done a terrific job of getting the Cougars ready not only for this pro day, but also for the upcoming season. The hiring of Larry Jackson before last offseason was one of the best moves UH could have made for the football program.
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind getting Vincent Marshall, maybe in the 7th
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I wouldn't mind getting Vincent Marshall, maybe in the 7th
That is actually an EXCELLENT point. It's a lot like WR Anderson pick late last year. Except as a U of H fan, I've grown to REALLY appreciate how excellent of a route runner Marshall is...and for being smaller...he can still get excellent seperation. OH....and fly-paper for hands never hurts.

Old 03-23-2007   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Marshall like Santan Moss small or smaller?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Is Marshall like Santan Moss small or smaller?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
That anwsers my question, thanks.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Marshall is like former Texans return man J.J. Moses...with breakaway speed. He'll find a spot in the NFL.

I wonder what Battle weighed in at. That's a very fast time for a FB prospect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read